• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 30 - Apr 5 | BonCHAMP

It's gotta be either

FGW | Washed Up, Rinse, Repeat

or

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 12-18 | DaiGOAT

I'm not feeling so good about Smug in Topanga World anymore. I didn't think he had a good chance of winning, but I thought he would be competitive and make for some exciting sets. But he's been blown up by Daigo twice, blown up by Bonchan in a FT5 MM, and blown up by Gamerbee's Elena. Gamerbee won't be there but Sako will be and he has Elena ready to go. And Momochi is Momochi still. He's looking fine IMO against the non Japanese, but against the Japanese I think he might be in for some ugly sets. We'll see just how well he can bounce back from this.

And 801 Strider came out looking the best out of any American. Took out Momochi easily and nearly beat Bonchan and Daigo(in the rematch)

I'm not feeling so good about Smug in Topanga World anymore. I didn't think he had a good chance of winning, but I thought he would be competitive and make for some exciting sets. But he's been blown up by Daigo twice, blown up by Bonchan in a FT5 MM, and blown up by Gamerbee's Elena. Gamerbee won't be there but Sako will be and he has Elena ready to go. And Momochi is Momochi still. He's looking fine IMO against the non Japanese, but against the Japanese I think he might be in for some ugly sets. We'll see just how well he can bounce back from this.

And 801 Strider came out looking the best out of any American. Took out Momochi easily and nearly beat Bonchan and Daigo(in the rematch)

Even if he didn't get blown up today I would still think he would be the favorite to come in last. Players that were much better than him have been blown up at their first Topanga.

Infiltration went 1-6
Poongko went 1-6
Xian went 2-5
PR Rog went 2-5

I can't remember the other players, but they didn't do well either.

pixelish

Even if he didn't get blown up today I would still think he would be the favorite to come in last. Players that were much better than him have been blown up at their first Topanga.

Infiltration went 1-6
Poongko went 1-6
Xian went 2-5
PR Rog went 2-5

I can't remember the other players, but they didn't do well either.

yeah, the only non-japanese player who does consistently well in topanga is xiaohai. i have a feeling that xian can finally do well in topanga.

smurfx

get some go again
FGW | Daigoat 2: Electric Boogaloo

smug is going to get downloaded for good and won't be a problem for a lot of the japanese players attending u.s events.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I felt like overall Du was the most impressive U.S player this weekend. Followed by Gustavo.

Too bad Du had some silly character picks during his matches.

Top Bottom