• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 11-17 | Sticks and Stones Break Zangief's Bones

Rainy

Banned
SWF | tomato
‏@Gtown_Tom :

.@C9Mang0's #PressStart loser's bracket run:
Jace 3-0
Westballz 3-0
Hax 3-1
Leffen 3-0
Shroomed 3-0
Lucky 3-1
Hbox 3-0
Axe 3-1
Fly 3-0, 3-0

Overall, Mango went 30-3 in games in loser's, and 10-0 in sets. #Destruction

Damn Mango.

fader

Snake Eyez needs a new character. So does Strider. That Infiltration counterpick was too good.

Snake Eyez just let Infiltration hit all of those buttons and had no answer but jumps.

Snake Eyez seemed to be working on an Evil Ryu for Sagat counterpick, dont know why he don't use him more because its becoming a common theme to counterpick Snake eyez now especially in this version. And I've always felt Abel limited Strider

Rainy

Banned
https://twitter.com/PandaxGamingUS/status/597663708978876416
PxG@TXS15
‏@PandaxGamingUS:
Please rt this. Some scumbag broke into my car and stole all of my equipment. If you know ANYTHING tell me.
CEtT9LoUEAAMSfd.jpg

Another break in :(

Follow up tweets:
All of my stream equipment. Gone. Window busted. Why would someone do this? This was someone AT THE EVENT that saw me load up.
All of my life's work. Everything I have put in for this community. Who ever did this scoped me out and waited.
My personal laptop. Gone. All of my kids birth videos, photos birthday parties. First bike rides. Gone I could care less about anything else.
I could care less about the equipment. Just return the fucking laptop which has my kids life on it.

Hope this fucker gets caught.

Rhapsody

Banned
Really sucks with these recent incidents. Especially considering these specific targets were hurting people that are giving to the community.

alstein

With Splatoon's lack of voice chat- I really hope Capcom implements no voice chat in SF5 as well.

Voice chat just adds latency and toxicity, doesn't really add much of value.

Actually this is a really good question.

Infiltration's english seems to be pretty good so I am sure he'll be fine, but is there anyone in Toronto that's going to be helping him out just incase?

Piccoro

Yeah, those thefts suck. :(

The FGC members are gonna start going to events with security guards behind them, Geese style.
GeeseCrop.jpg

They're going to need to start taking precautions like bands do on tour. You really can't unload an event into a car and leave it unattended. Way too easy to target.

Mr. X

Events are getting bigger, spectators get in free, why arent you getting security at the stream set ups and outside the venue? Events are attracting so much attention, it is not only "FGC" there.

Anne

Events are getting bigger, spectators get in free, why arent you getting security at the stream set ups and outside the venue? Events are attracting so much attention, it is not only "FGC" there.

That costs money. Hindsight and all.

.la1n

Very sad to hear about PandaxGaming's equipment, especially the laptop. Hopefully someone will know something so he can get those items back.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
People in this day and age stealing from someone who's giving to the community? Scummiest person in existence. Hope this person gets caught and put behind bars... Question is, how the hell does no one notice someone breaking into a van and taking a lot of streaming equipment? I just want to know how the hell it happened, was it during the middle of the night or something? Markman's case too, is there no one walking noticing that a car is being broken into to or security cameras in the area? Need to step up there security game or bait out this scum with a fake van and catch them red handed.

Other than that, GB that interview...

eKgIXWI.png

Numb

Follow up tweets:

Again!? Streamers and organizers need to be extra careful. Seems like douchebags are everywhere. Someone needs to set a trap so they can make an example out of the thieves.

Mango made that so free. 36K views for Melee ain't bad.

Melee is the best stuff to watch. The game is amazing, the average American level is better than in most other games, and for some reason Smash manages to have decent or amazing commentary basically always.

Ya mango went off today.

His loser's bracket run:
Jace 3-0
Westballz 3-0
Hax 3-1
Leffen 3-0
Shroomed 3-0
Lucky 3-1
Hbox 3-0
Axe 3-1
Fly 3-0, 3-0

Mango went 30-3 in games in loser's, and 10-0 in sets.

O__o
That wreckage. Holy shit. Especially amazing because of the names on the list. I think I need to hit the archives, goddamn.

i'm a little happy mango admitted in the interview that ice climbers sucks and there's no reason for a character like fox to respect them at all. it explains why that grand finals was so painful to watch at times. fox was literally juggling and free-flowing between the climbers and getting these nasty early kills. mango is the GOAT, but maining 20XX doesn't hurt.

A game where ICs suck > A game where they're the second-best character. It's sad how chaingrab oriented they are given how kickass the character design is otherwise.

https://twitter.com/PandaxGamingUS/status/597663708978876416
PxG@TXS15
‏@PandaxGamingUS:

Follow up tweets:

;_;

mbpm1

Vulva I need to not lose in my pools and go 0-2 at CEO, train me senpai. Actually, I wanna get fucked up bad by everyone here so if ya'll down for SF PC, let me know.

I'd do it sometime.

there needs to be a conscious effort by the community tp start keeping an eye out for all this criminal shit.

It does feel like things have gotten more organized lately.

The crime, not the community.

You know we made it when we got syndicates running shit in our fgc

I'd do it sometime.

It does feel like things have gotten more organized lately.

The crime, not the community.

You know we made it when we got syndicates running shit in our fgc

yup.

ain't no coincidence that specific people are getting hit. random thieves aren't just targeting people who happen to have lots of equipment that can be sold for high prices all in one spot.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'd do it sometime.

I'm down for tonight. I've picked up Rolento since he feels a lot more natural for me than Gief, even though I love big damage lol.

yup.

ain't no coincidence that specific people are getting hit. random thieves aren't just targeting people who happen to have lots of equipment that can be sold for high prices all in one spot.

Better warn Spooky then since I assume he's going to be streaming CEO, I don't know if he carries his stuff in a van or something else but since streamers/key figures in the FGC are being hit, its only a matter of time before someone else gets robbed.

Anne

Shit like this happens like every tourney for years now.

Shit like this? Nah, known people with shit worth stealing targeted? That's new. Petty theft has been a thing for a while but the recent stuff has been like actual breaking into cars and stuff.

For what it's worth Combo Breaker tweeted out they hire security, and I know a few other places actually have real security at their events. At KiT we had local police (who we unfortunately had to grab at some point) hanging around and some precautions, but paying out for hired security wasn't a thing that was seen as needed. Probably is worth paying out for these days :/

It's also worth anybody with equipment that valuable (organizers, streamers, production staff and crews) should look into getting stuff insured. It's not the cheapest or most common type of policy to get, but worth it.

Again, lots of hindsight. Worked with Panda a lot and he deserves better. Dude lost a lot more than just some cameras.

VariantX

First it was little shit like cellphones and stuff which was bad enough, people are just getting more and more brazen.

Mortal Kombat in major have had some great showings in both Majors it was in so far. Can't wait until all the big name players make it out to the tournaments maybe it will be CEO or something but I can't wait. Also is MK gonna be at any MLGs this year

Top Bottom