• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Brooklyn Beatdown, Curleh Finals, OzHadou, Judgement Day

Justin practically forcing Fuudo to use more command throws in this set than he normally uses in most tournaments lol. Fuudo must hate having to spin the stick since his opponents normally give him a reason not to use it.

Is Tokido the best Japanese player atm?

Even if he loses to Fuudo right now, I'd still say he is. I felt the same way about Punk still being the best despite Tokido destroying him at EVO. But if Tokido wins then I think it's time we finally start talking about putting him over Punk as the best in the world. I didn't feel that way after EVO. But even without an actual win, his results have been very good since then.

And this is like Fuudo's 6th SFV GF I think. He's finish 2nd every time before. We'll see how he does this time around.

BTW, I was wondering what the hell Gamerbee was doing this weekend. He's in danger of being knocked out of the top 31 in the CPT rankings. But he's actually in a Ranking battle in Europe. Moke and Mago just passed him with their 1st and 2nd place finishes. So he's going to need a 3rd place or better finish to stay in the top 31. You also have Sako just barely outside of the top 31 in Mexico trying to earn the points to get back on the inside. The battle for those final spots are really heating up right now. Feels like week 15 in the NFL season.

LOL, dat finish by Tokido. I think we finally start talking about Tokido being the best in the world now. As for Fuudo, forever 2nd place unfortunately.

El Sloth

Banned
Love that Tokido always tries to sneak a bit of showmanship in. So glad he didn't accidentally drop the taunt combo....

Ninjimbo

I'm guessing all of these foreign players are going to scr?
Some of these guys are supposed to compete at TGS I think. Don't know if they'll stick around for SoCal.

Great top 16 for that Brookly tourney. I knew Momochi had it in him to beat Punk. They're both gods in the neutral and their styles make for close matches.

As for Tokido being the best, he probably is, but there's a few players I would put right there next to him like Xian, Fuudo, Punk and Du.

Some of these guys are supposed to compete at TGS I think. Don't know if they'll stick around for SoCal.

The top internationals should be pretty spread out next week. Besides that and SCR, EGX is also next week. EGX is a European Premier event so plenty of money to be won at that event as well. TGS already has Tokido, Xian, Bonchan, Snake Eyez, Fuudo, Gamerbee, Nemo, and Knuckle Du. that's 6 of the top 11 guys in the CPT ranking already. Looking at the SCR registration list, Momochi, Haitani, Yukadon, and Verloren are on the list. Maybe EGX gets the rest like Daigo, Xiaohai, and Infiltration?

There is also a Asian ranking event called FV Cup. I think most of the top players at Oz Hadou will go there because it's cheaper and they'll avoid the strongest players as they continue trying to earn points to get in Capcom Cup.

Infinite

Great top 16 for that Brookly tourney. I knew Momochi had it in him to beat Punk. They're both gods in the neutral and their styles make for close matches.

As for Tokido being the best, he probably is, but there's a few players I would put right there next to him like Xian, Fuudo, Punk and Du.

Nah punk still the best but Tokido is about to get a nice streak going for himself

trixx

I think xian, tokido and punk are without a doubt top 3. Then maybe you add fuudo, haitani, du. After that it gets pretty tough but these are just my thoughts at the moment and I don't think it's too different from season 1

El Sloth

Banned
Damn, shame that Hayatei couldn't make it into Grand Finals.

At least I can look forward to more delicious Captain Cold play and tears

El Sloth

Banned
Another $120k for Sonic Fox. What a god. And still only Freshman (Sophmore?) in college.

I hope he has someone trustworthy advising him on how to invest it.

I'd really love to see what his total lifetime earnings from playing fighting games looks like.

Blueblur1

Thunderstruck top 8 starting, it will only be streamed from a PS4 console because someone passed away and the rest of the event was canceled

https://www.twitch.tv/sfvrankingseries

Not sure where the top 8 is taking place but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a hotel room considering the circumstances. But this is where I first read about the tragic incident.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...event-delayed-after-player-passes-away-venue/

Damn, that is tragic. Condolences to the family. :-(

Top Bottom