• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: NM-ISM MVC:I launch tournament, SCR, EGX, CEOTAKU, TGS

Zyrox

Damn those BB finals were crazy. Dora with the ultimate choke. Poor dude, felt really bad for him. That triggered clutch mode Galileo and clutch mode Galileo is unstoppable as we know from Evo 2k14. He really used that one chance Dora's mistake's given him and took it all the way to the bank. Good (and crazy) shit.

Rainy

Banned
A bit late, but holy shit the BB finals were ridiculously hype, Galileo came through! BB always delivers...

New002

I was planning on watching the SFV Finals tonight but at this rate I'm gonna have to catch 'em tomorrow instead.

If you take away Dragunov's running 2, JDCR isnt the best in the world anymore, I think Saint beats him and maybe Jeonding. That move is so good you have to be expecting it from neutral at all times. I love watching Tekken but always seeing Jack and Drag in the finals is getting old.

ScribbleD

Can't tell from his face if Saint is actually upset or not because he always looks somebody just told him his dog got hit by a car.

Dahbomb

If you take away Dragunov's running 2, JDCR isnt top in the world anymore. That move is so good you have to be expecting it from neutral at all times. I love watching Tekken but always seeing Jack and Drag in the finals is getting old.

Bruh he will just play another top character. He will remain top in the world (top 3 minimum).

JeTmAn81

When's SCR Marvel? Thought they said 4:30? Maybe that was CEOtaku.

Also, I thought of an interesting project. Using computer vision it should be possible to analyze tournament footage to determine a characters optimal combos as displayed by pro players. Will post more if I pursue this as a real project.

Rainy

Banned

Also, I thought of an interesting project. Using computer vision it should be possible to analyze tournament footage to determine a characters optimal combos as displayed by pro players. Will post more if I pursue this as a real project.

It should be after Tekken 7 finals end. Tekken 7 is in the second set of Grand Finals right now, so soon-ish.

Dahbomb

T7 about to finish in 5 minutes.

Bruh he will just play another top character. He will remain top in the world (top 3 minimum).

I edited. No doubt he would still be one of the best, but I dont think he would be winning every tourney he goes to. Look at how it is when he uses Heihachi. Most other top tier characters have obvious weaknesses to their "OP" move but Drag's running 2 is super fast, mid, and plus on block. Its always a threat. Couple that with someone as good as JDCR and its a clean sweep every tourney.

Renekton

I edited. No doubt he would still be one of the best, but I dont think he would be winning every tourney he goes to. Look at how it is when he uses Heihachi. Most other top tier characters have obvious weaknesses to their "OP" move but Drag's running 2 is super fast, mid, and plus on block. Its always a threat. Couple that with someone as good as JDCR and its a clean sweep every tourney.
I don't see how switching to another S-tier will give him less results than Drag overall.

MrCarter

man I wonder who is gonna be in the SCR Tekken finals

Kappa.png

tumblr_objkl1VIhL1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Zackat

there's no way I am gonna be able to stay up and watch SFV :( hope I can find an easy place to watch the replays tomorrow

I don't see how switching to another S-tier will give him less results than Drag overall.

Other S tiers dont allow you to apply safe mix up pressure at any point from neutral. His instant running 2 coupled with his unseeable lows makes fighting drag all about guessing the mixup anytime he's near you. Which forces you to be the aggressor to prevent the constant pressure.

But because JDCR is a robot, he'll start downloading you once you go on the offensive. Look at how his Heihachi matches go. Hei has EWGF but it can be side stepped or ducked. JDCR's offense when he plays Hei is much less threatening which keeps matches close for his opponents who can steal wins, even with JDCR playing the ridiculously good defense he plays.

Top Bottom