• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Tokyo Button Mashers, SFV Crash, The Fight, Overheat!

Edgeward

Congrats to Team Momochi.

Momochi was immaculate today. He played like the Best in the World

- Stream over 17k viewers now

Wallach

Yes, and shame too because Ken is the worst.

6IUwQ7G.png
6IUwQ7G.png
6IUwQ7G.png

pixelish

tokyo button mashers at top 16 but they're taking a short break now
http://challonge.com/TBM_CPT_FINAL_20160605

winners side
yukadon (nash) vs haitani (necalli)
mov (chun) vs nemo (claw)
kazunoko (cammy) vs nuki (chun)
go1 (chun) vs daigo (ryu)

losers side
kutch boo (necalli) vs matadora (necalli)
inco (birdie) vs vx (nash)
sako (chun) vs yuko hikali (necalli)
bowerman51 (laura) vs ppn (sim)

petran79

Banned
adding two streams is very annoying

I use livestreamer and VLC.
I have to switch to left sound channel for Japanese and right for English commentary

Sayad

Wait! Why aren't they doing best of 5?!
Edit: I guess it's up to tournament organizers in ranking events:
Tournament Format
a. Evolution/Global Premier Events: Double Elimination Bracket. 2/3 games until top 8, which is 3/5 games;
b. Regional Finals/Regional Finals Last Chance Qualifier/Regional Ranking Events: Double Elimination Bracket. The number of games in a set will be decided by the Tournament Organizer.

Daigo's lack of anti air definitely wasn't helping him in that match against Kaz. I know it's scary because if you whiff you're going to eat a huge punish. I think Kazunoko noticed and took advantage of it.

Edgeward

Daigo's lack of anti air definitely wasn't helping him in that match against Kaz. I know it's scary because if you whiff you're going to eat a huge punish. I think Kazunoko noticed and took advantage of it.

Good Cammy's that mix up their dive kicks fuck me over so bad. Doesn't Ryu's jab beat normal dive kicks?

Piccoro

In case you guys didn't notice, in the button mashers stream, english commentary is coming through the right speakers and japanese through the left. So you have to adjust your sound system accordingly.

raven777

CkK_cjYUYAENHwn.jpg:small

Got back from SF Crash. It was great experience. First time ever going to a fighting game tournament, so I didn't know what to expect. The atmosphere was great and the crowd reactions were also great. And some of those matches were really intense that it gave me goosbumps. Congratulations to team Topanga for winning the event. Team Razer was also good and Fuudo was amazing. Momichi seems like he is one of the strongest player atm. I really regret not going to earlier SF Crash events, and maybe take a photo with some of the players like Tokido, Momochi and Mago.

Hopefully the event was a success and they do a season 2 in the future.

Renekton

CkK_cjYUYAENHwn.jpg:small

Got back from SF Crash. It was great experience. First time ever going to a fighting game tournament, so I didn't know what to expect. The atmosphere was great and the crowd reactions were also great. And some of those matches were really intense that it gave me goosbumps. Congratulations to team Topanga for winning the event. Team Razer was also good and Fuudo was amazing. Momichi seems like he is one of the strongest player atm. I really regret not going to earlier SF Crash events, and maybe take a photo with some of the players like Tokido, Momochi and Mago.

Hopefully the event was a success and they do a season 2 in the future.
Since you were actually there, can you help answer this question :)

Blue or white?

Top Bottom