• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Tokyo Button Mashers, SFV Crash, The Fight, Overheat!

pixelish

nemo vs daigo one of the best sfv matches i've seen so far

mostly because of jiyuna's hype but biased commentary lol

I think Daigo committed too hard at times but it was a good showing overall. Looking forward to his next appearance at a CPT event.

Haven't followed V too heavily. Daigo looked tentative. Are Nash's pokes better than Ryu's or are Ryu's minus on block. He just seemed to be dashing forward and not poking. Tokido's Ryu seems a bit more aggressive.

Haven't followed V too heavily. Daigo looked tentative. Are Nash's pokes better than Ryu's or are Ryu's minus on block. He just seemed to be dashing forward and not poking. Tokido's Ryu seems a bit more aggressive.

Nash does have a lot of normals/command normals that out ranges Ryu. But the main thing about this match up is that Nash's V Skill shuts down Ryu's fireball game. So Ryu is forced to be the aggressor and chase Nash when his moveset doesn't really allow him to do it that well. That's where Nash's longer range normals and special comes into play because he can keep throwing them out at safe ranges against a Ryu that's constantly trying to get in. I play Ryu as well and for a while now I've felt that Nash is Ryu's hardest match up.

Sayad

Yea the only Cammy players I know are Kazunoko, Poongko and Xiaohai. And Kazunoko is definitely the strongest out of those three.
That and for a while, him and Infiltration were the only ones who've beaten Tokido in a set. That exclusive club have four players now, I think!

KBrad's Cammy is probably at least better than Poongko.

Renekton

Yukadon was conditioning Daigo with surprise Scythes. Those will cause Ryu players to be more tentative allowing Nash to dash in freely. Daigo actually tried to pre-empt this with random HKs, but Yukadon picked his spots very well.

Thanks for the feedback about the Nash/Ryu matchup. I suppose that is part of the reason Tokido has been struggling with Infiltration.

So couldn't he thereotically switch to Ken?

raven777

That and for a while, him and Infiltration were the only ones who've beaten Tokido in a set. That exclusive club have four players now, I think!

KBrad's Cammy is probably at least better than Poongko.

Yea Poongko hasn't been doing great..

I wonder how Infiltration will do from now on. He has been using Alex in local tournament ( he destroyed Poongko with Alex yesterday from what I hear). And I think he said he will be experimenting with different characters from now on.

trixx

Jeez the Momochi 5 win streak early this morning was frustrating. I HATE KEN. He's looking crazy right now

Sayad

Glad Topanga team won, always nice to see unsponsored players beating the odds. ‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tripon

MInlGJG.png

lol.

Also, watching the parry contest with the chat is hilarious.

Top Bottom