• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 16 final hands on previews are coming out

hyperbertha

The only thing that is really bothering me are the spongey enemies. From the gameplay clips shown, even common enemies take ages to kill.

It's going to get old really fast if every encounter is like that.
Yea that's pretty common in these types of games. They always tend to devolve into a buttonmashfest once you get into a groove.

Lokaum D+

These are the only mature anime shows ever made. Anything else is for edgy teenagers.

MV5BZmY2NjUzNDQtNTgxNC00M2Q4LTljOWQtMjNjNDBjNWUxNmJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg

231710436931l2451d76fxl7.jpg

Never watched Only Yesterday, but Grave of the Fireflies is an one time only, cant handle a second time

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yea that's pretty common in these types of games. They always tend to devolve into a buttonmashfest once you get into a groove.
Man you are making exactly same argument as stupid people who thinks turn based combat is “outdated”.

You calling it “buttonmashfest” and those people who thinks just need choose attack to win all battle in turn based.

Both arguments are equally idiotic.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Stop lying out your ass. Some Ff boss battles were among the most challenging I've ever had. It causes you to think multiple turns ahead. Something tells me you've probably not played much if any of them. they only become easy if you are overleveled. And way to oversimplify.
I’ve played and beaten every mainline FF game. The only time I’ve ever felt really challenged is on some of the optional super bosses. Non-boss battles are so mindless it’s almost an annoyance in the rare occasion where you have to do something besides attack over and over. Story bosses usually have some gimmick like “don’t attack while they’re doing the counter attack stance”, “shifting elemental weakness”, “boss with multiple parts that heal each other”, “countdown to use some super move” etc but they’re not really challenging if you have put any thought into your party setup.

Hell, the only reason the older FF games are palatable nowadays is because they added fast forward and auto-battle. Even Square recognizes how mindless they are.

30fps stutter/judder on OLED is not hyperbole nor a "nonsense take" since it's something that's tied directly to the hardware, the fast response time of OLED TVs causes images to appear more quickly, so images are displayed on screen for longer which causes said stutter, it's how they work basically.

Now, maybe you don't /can't notice it, maybe you have VRR turned off system-wide and you're gaming outside of game picture mode with some motion interpolation already active per profile/picture mode, maybe you're playing lots of games on quality mode/30fps and your brain got used to it but it's there, this is not about the usual "OMG I got so accustomed at playing at 60fps that now 30fps is unplayable ", this a side-effect introduced by the instant response time of OLEDs.

Before getting my C2 I used to read about this very thing and just dismissed it as the "typical internet hyperbole", well, after getting it and giving a couple of 30fps games/quality modes a go...yep, it's that bad.

Never had such a problem with LCD or even Plasma screens, this is purely an OLED thing.

Cheers

Interesting. I have literally NEVER had an issue with it on my Sony OLED. Funny how for some people it can be a deal breaker, for others it isn’t even noticeable.

Again I don't care if they like it or not. You cant stand it when people get annoyed at someone for not liking something as much as they do. That's not the issue. Certain posters enter every thread about this game to muck it up and drive by shit post. That is the annoyance not that they do or do not like the game.

If they don't like the game good on them, they aren't stupid or wrong. Never said they were 🤷‍♂️
I think there’s a lot about the game that I’ll love. I’m sure I’ll be enthralled by the story, I am in love with the soundtrack, the combat looks amazing, and while I wish I at least had AI party members that I could customize on some level, the gameplay as a whole really looks like it’s my jam.

I think the character models are NOWHERE near impressive. So I want a few CG cutscenes, and not just these half-measures like the Shiva Vs. Titan cutscenes. Am I “mucking up the thread” or do you just want the thread to be 100% positive lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom