• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 16 to Release June 22nd, 2023, it's Claimed

Draugoth

Gold Member
x1oRUEs.jpg

First, the Final Fantasy 16 part seems to be referred to because of the reference to a “crystal”, of which crystals have appeared in every main game of the Final Fantasy franchise.

As for the release date, 22 grains of said is likely referring to the 22nd and 6 nations as June, therefore June 22nd, 2023 is our release date.

Last week, Insider Gaming exclusively reported that Final Fantasy 16 pre-orders will go live soon, likely around the same time as The Game Awards on December 8.

Yesterday, Final Fantasy 16 was rated in Brazil suggesting that an announcement for the game was imminent.

Naoki Yoshida said last month “We plan to release the information again later this year, so I think we can say it at that time. I don’t think it’s going to be over the summer, so I think it’s okay (laughs).

At this time, officially, Final Fantasy XVI is scheduled to release in mid-2023 for PlayStation. It will be a timed exclusive for six months, before being eligible for release on other platforms.

//DEVIL//

the font match what Square Enix would use. even though I do not understand why not the 23rd.

will have a better marketing date at least. 6 23 23

Godot25

Banned
That's later than I thought.

Didn't developer of the game recently said that FFXVI is 95% completed?

But on the other hand it makes sense since Forspoken is out in January

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Soooo.....COD being exclusive to MS is a big no-no for Sony but then Sony says FF16 is ok to be exclusive to them? Hypocrite often?

swaffles23

Nice. I figured June would be a good guess for FFXVI. Because FFXIV fan fest next year in in late July where we will probably see the next expansion and Yoshida probably wants FF16 out of the way before then.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The game looks great. Expect the leaks to happen like they always do. 😒

I’m glad it’s not early 2023. I feel like there’s already a lot of great stuff to focus on Q1 2023.

SSfox

It's not that serious, calm down.
It is. Imagine before Chrismas some clowns comes and tells what all in the presents? That's the same to me here.

Game Awards is in just One week, just be bit patient and we'll get all the news there together with excitements and all the hype, wouldn't it better? it is imo, so yeah again fuck those leakers.

Last edited:

sendit

Soooo.....COD being exclusive to MS is a big no-no for Sony but then Sony says FF16 is ok to be exclusive to them? Hypocrite often?
Agreed. Arrogant Sony strikes again:

COD alone brings in 2+ billion a year.

The entirety of SquareEnix as a company brings in ~2 billion a year.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Definitely one of my most anticipated games of 2023. Would like to see something besides a highlight reel. Some exploration and a town maybe, some of the menus and UI; then I'm good on not seeing anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom