• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 16 will be GOTY and the ultimate FF game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have both consoles too but i hate both games 😂
it-sucks-to-be-you.gif

Kokoloko85

No it won’t. PS 1st party and 3rd party exclusives get treat harshly since TLOU2, apart from when its Deathloop….(cough cough xbox studio game )
God of War Ragnarok couldnt be denied and Demons Souls is a classic. The rest got alot of there hyped killed.

I would be pleasantly surprised if it scores higher than 85-89

Kokoloko85

With the top 3 games this year, I doubt it will be close to that.

It's locked down between starfield, tears of kingdom and spiderman 2.

I like Spiderman 2 but I dont see how it will be very different to the first apart from graphics and probably slightly better combat.
Insomniac is an amazing studio but dont know how they can break into the 90+ review scores.

Ozzie666

It might be my game of the year or possibly Spiderman 2.
But it's clearly going to be Zelda for most people and the masses, with angelic reviews.
Another sublime hit for Nintendo.

Lasha

With the top 3 games this year, I doubt it will be close to that.

It's locked down between starfield, tears of kingdom and spiderman 2.

How does that work? Two of the games aren't released yet. For all we know Starfield emerges a clusterfuck and Spider Man is just more of the first game.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
How the game awards are handed? Because if it’s based on that public votes I’ve seen and done before there’s little chance for it to be GOTY. But if there’s a selected bunch of critics and their votes count and the game is actually awesome it might have big chances if anything to give a different series the reward making it less obvious and predictable while also showing appreciation for the long history of this saga, the new people helming it, and yet again Japanese gaming at its finest. A political statement basically :D
I really wish Yoshida makes it… even just for the passion and joy he pours in everything. Mad respect for a great producer and communicator.

Last edited:
If anyone still doubts this, keep in mind the guy who singlehandedly turned FF14 from a dumpster fire into the most profitable FF game of all time(and also considered one of the best) is directing this game. Like I mentioned, one of DMC5s major combat directors working on this game as well as Maehiro(FF14 story writer) who wrote the story for FF16.

GOAT lead director, GOAT combat director,, GOAT story writer. It's going to be kino.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I think I'm just gotta hope to the high heavens that FFXVI is a great game first. Whether or not it's GotY can come after that.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think I'm just gotta hope to the high heavens that FFXVI is a great game first. Whether or not it's GotY can come after that.
I would argue that doesn't even matter, whether its wins "official" GOTY or not its not gonna change how you feel about the game. I'm currently loving TotK and I might end up loving FFXVI even more regardless if win GOTY or not.

Edit also FFXVI has sexy character design like Benedikta and shows she had sex, there is no way in hell they would let this game win GOTY.
cf3n9mp.png

Madflavor

I would argue that doesn't even matter, whether its wins "official" GOTY or not its not gonna change how you feel about the game. I'm currently loving TotK and I might end up loving FFXVI even more regardless if win GOTY or not.

Edit also FFXVI has sexy character design like Benedikta and shows she had sex, there is no way in hell they would let this game win GOTY.
cf3n9mp.png

Yeah all I want is for the game to live up to it's potential and be great. I'm rooting for Yoshi-P and CBU3 on this one.

cf3n9mp.png
Benedikta is my new FF waifu

wWp57ZE.png

Last edited:

night13x

I mean yeah this game has a chance of winning some GOTY awards and other various catagories....

but let me remind you all it is only because they are delaying the highly anticipated / once in a generation sequel - Cory in the House 2

Top Bottom