• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 16 won’t be delayed ‘unless a meteor falls on Japan’ | PC Version could come eventually after six months on PS5

ToadMan

On every level it obviously helps. If you want to play a game so bad, buy it and play it. That's been the case since the NES vs. the Genesis. Nowhere did I say this makes you a zen monk with zero preferences or biases, but hopefully it can allow you to get through a single thread without shitting the bed complaining about the same shit for years.

You’re arguing with the wrong people arent you?

First complaints in this thread were about timed exclusivity. Your answer to that? Get a job and buy all the platforms.

But … you didn’t give that answer until someone else pointed out a major acquisition attempt by MS. Then you decided to weigh in.

Time practice what you preach…

supernova8

Banned
Hopefully Sony locked it down for their console exclusively. Have to compete with starfield exclusivity some how.
Fair enough, only reason I ask is because I'm not so into Final Fantasy games that I want to pay full-fat $60-$70, but I'd be up for it via Game Pass in a year or two. Probably wishful thinking haha.

Kinda the same as fighting games. I like the idea of playing Street Fighter a bit here and there but wouldn't wanted to sink $60 into it. Feel like you have to be an EVO-level pro to even enjoy those games these days. Back in the PS1 and PS2 tekken days I was just content going through the single player tournament and unlocking every character's ending and extra outfits.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
asteroid-meteor.gif

BootsLoader

Banned
Square just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXVI for either PS5 or PC, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.
Square, publicly apologize and release FFXVI for the PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Hahahahaahahahahahaha I laugh all I want.

Brigandier

Your so called criticism just random word you throw at it. How can you already judge combat be “generic” or “mediocre” without actual having played it?

With your logic 90% of all RPG came out considered generic as well?

But dude It's cool to shit on FF because it's not turn based!!!!

I think it looks far from "generic" after seeing the previews earlier this month.

People just love to moan.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
But dude It's cool to shit on FF because it's not turn based!!!!

I think it looks far from "generic" after seeing the previews earlier this month.

People just love to moan.
If it was turn based they would still complain about it, they just want an excuse to complain because these days people love to act jaded and hate on everything.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If they make me wait over a year I wont spend more than $30 - 40 on the game.
Personally I'd get the game on sale because I already am predicting the game to release on PC anywhere between 6 months up to 2 years. Entirely depending on the Sony Exclusivity and if they decide to make it exclusive to Epic Games before landing on Steam and by that point much like FF7R I'd be waiting for a sale at that point.

I think Stranger of Paradise is finally coming to Steam on April 6th this year and that game released in March of last year on EGS.

I only buy games I definitely will spend hours on full price. Primarily 1st party Nintendo franchises. The new benchmark for games warranting their price has to be on the level of Hogwarts Legacy or better.

Most games these days are only worth $30 or less.

Mr.Phoenix

If it was turn based they would still complain about it, they just want an excuse to complain because these days people love to act jaded and hate on everything.
You know what is really funny....

FF15 wasn't even turn-based either.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Kumomeme

just enter this thread and saw 'generic' complaint. i see this everywhere too.

just a typical last resort when there is nothing legit to complaint and yet still want to moan about it.

edit: 'flat colour' seems to be their newest complaint right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom