• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7: NFT Trading Cards Coming from Square Enix

93xfan

Banned
This post is the rarest post on GAF, there's only one of them available. I'm selling it for $12,000,000. Don't even THINK about screenshotting it and sending it to your friends!
This post is the rarest post on GAF, there's only one of them available. I'm selling it for $12,000,000. Don't even THINK about screenshotting it and sending it to your friends!

fermcr

I bet this will be a success. There are a lot of crazy fans in gaming willing to throw away money... including crazy Final Fantasy fans.

Last edited:
The rarity is tied to the Blockchain. You cannot just "copy" an NFT, that is one of the main reasons they exist in the first place.

Look, I agree that it's DUMB, in 90% of it's use cases. But I also feel it isn't much different that physical cards which really have no feasible limit. Magic COULD print several tens of trillions of cards a year if they wanted to. But this is part of the scam. They only print a certain amount to make people spend more money.

For example. The new Lord of the Rings magic set has a card The One Ring. They are printing a single alternate art version that is ONLY in $100 Collectors Packs.

Is that any better than NFT's. No THEY BOTH SUCK. 😕

No they CAN NOT print trillion (no even close to that) cards, it's cheap but it costs some money... Even if each card costs only 10 cents to print 1 million cards equals 100.000 dollars.

Yes nfts are unique but they have absolutely no value whatsoever, all that matter are the "goods" they represent... And those TOTALLY CAN be recreated endlessly
(Literally infinite anmounts)with absolutely 0 extra cost.

TCGs are trash in their monetisation, but nfts are that level of dumbness^101 or in other words is way way worst.

radewagon

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

Mad Max Reaction GIF

Fbh

Lol they didnt even bother making some nice new illustrations like proper trading cards do.

wvnative

Extremely disheartening from a company I otherwise have immense respect for. And to have it be tied to FF7 of all things.

Just do what every consumer can do, buy the wonderful stuff they make, do not buy the awful scams they make. I half suspect they are only doing this to appease investors, and when it flops they'll bury it quietly.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
There’s all this talk about these NFTs but isn’t already pretty similar to what every digital trading card game is doing nowadays? Hearthstone, Magic the Arena ect.? Well except NFT “cards” could probably be resold and for more, while the digital cards we’re buying and playing with are worth shit? What’s the difference? Why one makes everyone trigger and the other makes everyone happy?

Last edited:
Top Bottom