• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 is planned for reveal this year,

Draugoth

Gold Member

re_3-3_cloud_sephiroth_2-DeTa7veQ.jpg

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 is planned for reveal sometime this year, the game’s producer said on a live stream on Monday.

Speaking during an anniversary event held to celebrate Final Fantasy 7’s 25th anniversary in Japan today, FF7’s original director Yoshinori Kitase said it was his intention to reveal the first details on its Remake sequel during the anniversary year.

“We are hard at work on Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis, so please look forward to that. In addition, with regards to the long awaited Final Fantasy VII Remake [Part 2]… there will be more information… this year if we can,” he said, in a translation for VGC provided by PushDustIn.

Asked if he was sure the sequel would be revealed this year, Kitase replied: “Well yeah. We just started the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, so we want to celebrate and get fans excited, so within the next 12 months we want to share some information. Look forward to more information!”

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I hate news like this. The announcement for the reveal of something that could come in 2 years. Maybe less.

Be excited used to work when games were announced with a year or less of lead time akin to the NES-PS1/2 era.

Metnut

FF16 likely coming out this year and FF7 Remake 2 revealed this year and released in 2023. Both are day 1 purchases for me.

Have to give Square credit. FF7Remake came out in 2020 and now we’ll get another FF in 2022 and 2023 (not to mention Forespoken). Nice to some studios still releasing single player games. Compare it to Bethesda and Rockstar which give us one GTA or Elder Scrolls a decade and act like they are doing us a favor.

FF16 likely coming out this year and FF7 Remake 2 revealed this year and released in 2023. Both are day 1 purchases for me.

Have to give Square credit. FF7Remake came out in 2020 and now we’ll get another FF in 2022 and 2023 (not to mention Forespoken). Nice to some studios still releasing single player games. Compare it to Bethesda and Rockstar which give us one GTA or Elder Scrolls a decade and act like they are doing us a favor.

Square is trash and can’t make games that resonate throughout the industry like R* or Beth try again.

Btw forspoken looks absolutely dreadful

Papacheeks

Banned

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’m kinda glad this whole FF VII Remake/extended universe stuff is so drawn out. Anything to keep Tetsuya Nomura occupied so he can’t ruin other, better games.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
To each his own I guess. I had a lot more fun with FF7Remake than I did with Fallout76.

Sure compare it to fallout 76 that wasn’t even made by Beth proper that’s like blaming Andromeda on the core BioWare team lol.

Almost everything that has come from Beth:

Doom
Wolfenstien
Prety
Dishonored

Ect has been better than all of squares games. You people have short memory idc about some remake of an old ass game.

TheTony316

Sure compare it to fallout 76 that wasn’t even made by Beth proper that’s like blaming Andromeda on the core BioWare team lol.

Doom
Wolfenstien
Prety
Dishonored

Ect has been better than all of squares games. You people have short memory idc about some remake of an old ass game.

Speak for yourself. I'd take FF, Nier, Dragon Quest over any of these games.

Papacheeks

Banned
Lol, what? Beth hasn't made a good game since New Vegas. R* we will see but they're out both Housers and THE BENZ! Rumors are GTA6 isn't going so smoothly. Makes sense considering how we still haven't had an announcement.

I mean did everyone see how buggy the Remasters for GTA trilogy were? Look how much they are still pushing GTA 5 a game thats from 2013!!!

They have a lot of similar issues as Activision/Blizzard had, although not as large of a scandal. We've heard that work environment over there isn't great.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Doom
Wolfenstien
Prety
Dishonored

You're aware that Fallout 76 is the only game on that list Bethesda actually developed, right?

Star-Lord

How long was it between Remake being first teased and announced, and actually releasing? I swear I remember it being before 2010. Or am I dreaming that?

Tg89

Doom
Wolfenstien
Prety
Dishonored

Lol Bethesda doesn't even make those games. They've been ass for over a decade now.

Fbh

I doubt it will happen but I hope that when they show this it's already far into development and they actually have in game content to show and a release date of a year or less from the reveal.
Announcing the remake project early made sense, but now that the first game is out and we already know a sequel is coming I don't want to see some CG trailer of something coming in 2025.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Well, they revealed the FF7 remake Part 1 5 years before it actually came out in 2020 so this shouldnt come as a surprise.

It will be a 2027 title.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Final fantasy 7 remake gets an A+ from me, Cloud is a huge hero, love his allies (Tifa, Barrett etc.) part 2 is obviously coming out sooner (2022, 23) rather than later.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Doom
Wolfenstien
Prety
Dishonored

Literally, none of those games were made by Bethesda. I'd edit this post.

On topic. I'm looking forward to FF7 remake part 2. They did a fantastic job with the first one.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
31st of December 2022 they'll have a reveal trailer for the title of the game. Turns out it's called FF7 Remake...PART 2.
Coming when it's ready.
Cancelled 3 years later.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
I had to Google for FF VII Ever Crisis was, only to find this shit:

Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis is a role-playing video game. Planned to be released in monthly episodic installments, the game retells events from the 1997 video game Final Fantasy VII, and all canon titles in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII media franchise: the movie Advent Children, and the video games Before Crisis, Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus.[2][3] Chapters can be freely selected from a timeline, allowing players to jump between different entries in the series. The battle system draws from the original game's Active Time Battle system.[4] The title will be free to play but will offer loot boxes that offer random selections of weapons and costumes.[5]

WTF?

Why does this feel the same as hearing SQENIX is a dad whoring out their daughter (FF VII) that was your teen crush and first love in high school?

Top Bottom