• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Producer Says Game Has Exceeded His Expectations.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In the latest edition of the Official PlayStation Magazine (Feb. 2020), Producer Yoshinori Kitase expressed his excitement in finally getting to do the remake. He said the development team is a mixture of those who worked on the PS1 original and many who grew up playing it. Kitase is excited, too, because it’s something he’s always wanted to do in a more realized and grand way, but things are just now getting to the technical level for that vision. He feels he’s probably as excited for this game as most fans are.

“As a result, the game that about to be born surpasses even my own expectations as the one who voiced the desire to take this endeavor on in the first place. In fact, the one who’s looking forward to playing this game the most right now might actually be me,” he said.

The Shepard

Can't wait to get all 3 parts, the comic, novel, movie and spin off to find out the full story!

Reminds me of the new star wars trilogy.

The game is definitely looking better than I ever imagined. I'd have been happy with just having updated models and backgrounds and keeping most of it the same.

Last edited:

Trimesh

Banned
Right, because one of the developers, in a puff piece intended to create hype for the title, is really going to come out and say "It's a huge pile of stinking crap, and you would have to be a complete moron to buy it".

Note that I have no idea if it's good or not - but it's always wise to bear in mind that PR is not information.

Fret Runner

You’ll get it on April 10 ;)
tenor.gif

DonF

Impressions have been good, so far. The game looks brilliant in trailers. I hope that by the time the game is content complete, all minor issues that might come up after release of every episode will be ironed out. Once the game is complete, I bet it will be one of the greats.

Kev Kev

Impressions have been good, so far. The game looks brilliant in trailers. I hope that by the time the game is content complete, all minor issues that might come up after release of every episode will be ironed out. Once the game is complete, I bet it will be one of the greats.
its looking very promising so far, no doubt. but weve all been let down before lol you know? but oh man it just seems and feels like this game is going to knock it out of the park. i really hope it does.

either way, only a month and a half to go till ffvii remake is finally released! cant believe its finally happening

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
I don't understands how people can say that it looks better than FF XV based only on the trailers lol.

It actually looks exactly the same as FF XV trailers, pretty much.

Mista

Banned
I don't understands how people can say that it looks better than FF XV based only on the trailers lol.

To be fair the gameplay video looked a lot smoother than FFXV

But I am sure there're dumb people on GAF that are comparing the remake cinematics with FFXV's gameplay....

Pagusas

Elden Member

Way better art design, it makes all the difference

cireza

Banned
Battle system looks to be way more solid.
I can't say without having played the game, as far as I am concerned.

They look pretty different if you ask me, it will be more a matter of preferences than one being better than the other.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I can't say without having played the game, as far as I am concerned.

They look pretty different if you ask me, it will be more a matter of preferences than one being better than the other.
It offers greater party/ command control, which is something that ff15 tried and was underwhelming at, imo. You should now have a huge selection of spells without having to equip magic 'grenades' in limited slots, and items are restricted by atb charges, so you can't spam them to be practically immortal. There's also no auto-block button press anymore, only an auto-defend, which is less brainless. All those were negative points in ff15's combat.

There may be no warp strike as a default action, but there'll surely be gap closer skills/ materia.

In addition to that, you have limit breaks added to it.

FF7R combat has solid restrictions to keep it balanced, while it's willing to offer you significantly far more command options to use in battle. That makes it more exciting, because there's a lot more to look forward to. FF15's, in comparison, is just empty and way too simplistic and bland.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
It offers greater party/ command control, which is something that ff15 tried and was underwhelming at, imo. You should now have a huge selection of spells without having to equip magic 'grenades' in limited slots, and items are restricted by atb charges, so you can't spam them to be practically immortal. There's also no auto-block button press anymore, only an auto-defend, which is less brainless. All those were negative points in ff15's combat.

There may be no warp strike as a default action, but there'll surely be gap closer skills/ materia.

In addition to that, you have limit breaks added to it.

FF7R combat has solid restrictions to keep it balanced, while it's willing to offer you significantly far more command options to use in battle. That makes it more exciting, because there's a lot more to look forward to. FF15's, in comparison, is just empty and way too simplistic and bland.
That's your opinion, and it's fine. I suppose that you already played the game somehow to have one.

I will see by myself what I will prefer, but there are already some aspects that I am not too excited about.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
That's your opinion, and it's fine. I suppose that you already played the game somehow to have one.

I will see by myself what I will prefer, but there are already some aspects that I am not too excited about.
Nah, my opinion is solely based on the mechanics they have shown and talked about.

I still haven't played it to know if it 'feels' good or not.

Last edited:

Fbh

Ok.

Call me when a producer is like "yeah...it turned out ok I guess"

The gameplay they have shown just looks better. The combat looks more fun and the boss battle they have shown looks great and has gotten positive feedback from people that actually got to play it as opposed to the Titan fight in FFXV which even before release looked like a janky mess.

Also, the story already exists. They need to adapt it and they will be expanding it (probably in bad ways, because Nomura) but people who have played the original have a better idea of what to expect of the characters and plot. XV was a new thing so there was bigger uncertainty, and then it turned out to be a bunch of unfinished crap where everything important or exciting happens off screen and much of the plot they had been hyping up in the trailers actually happens in a feature length prologue movie.

Finally, the game has been way more consistent in what they have shown. As opposed to the complete bullshit that was the XV reveal:

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i need that demo like right now.

more or less going on blackout at this point. ive had the game preordered for a couple months and haven't watched any videos since then.

just quit talking about the game and release the demo! please!

Aggelos

It exceeded his expectations for not having a 10 year development cycle. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Maybe you jumped the gun a bit?....
I'm certainly very sorry to say that It's gonna have a 10 year dev cycle after all.... Its development started probably back 2014 or sth. And now in 2020 what we're getting is the 1st episode only - not the complete game.

Well, when is the 2nd episode gonna come out? May be in 2024?
Thus, there you have it : in order to enjoy the complete story of FF7Remake a 10-year development cycle is once again unavoidable... oh shucks....

It exceeds my expectation as well, game of the decade guaranteed. Can't wait until all these naysayers cancel culture get proven wrong and then hide in their little shell.

Hostile_18

Banned
So in other words, Halo.

I havent played Halo for a long time but I hope it's not as bad as the last few final fantasys in terms of the story. Call me.old fashioned but I prefer having a beginning, middle and end 😊.

That's why Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 are so good to me... they are complete packages... alot like me come to think of it 😉

DerFuggler

Just curious what GAF thinks about the boss footage we've seen from the game; from the two boss fights I've seen, I estimate each fight will take between 20 and 25 minutes. I know it's a reimagining/remake but is anyone else seeing this a means to inflate game time? In the original FFVII these were maybe 5-10 minute fights and only the Weapon bosses were close in terms of duration.

I havent played Halo for a long time but I hope it's not as bad as the last few final fantasys in terms of the story. Call me.old fashioned but I prefer having a beginning, middle and end 😊.

That's why Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 are so good to me... they are complete packages... alot like me come to think of it 😉
Halo 4 is especially incomprehensible without delving into the backstory in novels.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Entroyp

Maybe you jumped the gun a bit?....
I'm certainly very sorry to say that It's gonna have a 10 year dev cycle after all.... Its development started probably back 2014 or sth. And now in 2020 what we're getting is the 1st episode only - not the complete game.

Well, when is the 2nd episode gonna come out? May be in 2024?
Thus, there you have it : in order to enjoy the complete story of FF7Remake a 10-year development cycle is once again unavoidable... oh shucks....

No way this game is done in 2 episodes. It will take 3 or 4 episodes easily. So 2014-2026 at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom