• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

EDarkness

Yep, 100% agree. I like that we have UoC, but they also make pulls really boring because you know you can just wait and get whatever you want later. I still remember playing this game around launch and getting excited about golds, lol. 7* really fucked this game up, at least the way they implemented it.

This is true, but I feel like special banners are hard to deal with because you need two of some rare ass unit and we can't use Select Tickets on them. On top of making 3 and 4* units worthless and having so many dull as hell 5* units pulling is something I do for shits and giggles these days. It doesn't matter, really since I have a fully rounded out group now and don't see the need for others so I pull for who looks cool more than something I need. The whole 7* thing is just not a good thing in my opinion.

Reizo Ryuu

jeeeez these fan festa buffs are wild.
Malphasie got a massive boost to her stats, can now dual cast, chain with divine ruination, tornado, aureole ray, star dust ray AND -bolting strike- holy shit.
Massive modifiers on these chains too...she might be stronger than Esther now and she chains with her.

Circe's buffs turn her from mediocre to maybe the strongest mage, don't have her so I can't test.
Ellesperis has also been changed to bolting strike, but I only have her at 5* so I can't really tell how much stronger she is now.

Looks like they just looked at zeno and esther and were like...well let's just pull everyone up to their level. The global exclusive CG unit is probably going to be amazing too if this is any indication.

Very excited for Kryla's buffs as well.

Reizo Ryuu

Looks like malphasie and circe both outperform akstar, ellesperis is still below him though. Zeno, esther, regina are still untouchable.

EDarkness

I have a quick question...maybe someone here can enlighten me. What is the point of Prisim Moogles? I have no idea what they're for and they don't have any TMR connected to them.

Reizo Ryuu

you can fuse any 3* trust moogle into them, turning them into a container for that TMR; so you could, for instance, get the ring of the lucii moogle from king mog and fust it into the prism moogle. Now you can get noctis' tmr without even having noctis.

Pejo

So I used the mog king tickets on Charlotte banner and managed to snag one, spent 5k lapis on the guaranteed 10+1 bundle (fan festa units) and got two Myras on the pull (actually who I was going for). Not a bad haul honestly. I'll UoC Charlotte #2 in a few weeks to 7* her. I'm actually going back through my unit inventory and looking at the best STMRs that I can make right now. There's quite a few. What's generally the best staff STMR to go with? I like Ayaka's, but Citra's is pretty nice too and synergizes well with my Eiko.

Also finally merged my Clouds for an Ultima weapon, going to run it through item world to see if I can get any lucky rolls on it, might finally be able to hit the ATK missions on my Esther.

How are you guys doing with this anniversary stuff?

EDarkness

Thanks for the explanation on these Prism Moogles. I guess I can get a couple of TMRs that I have 100% for yet no unit to use them on. I haven't messed around with anything in the Anniversary yet, but why the hell didn't we get buffed moogle leveling success rate like last year?

Pejo

Thanks for the explanation on these Prism Moogles. I guess I can get a couple of TMRs that I have 100% for yet no unit to use them on. I haven't messed around with anything in the Anniversary yet, but why the hell didn't we get buffed moogle leveling success rate like last year?
Keep in mind that the prism moogles are pretty rare and worth quite a bit in the Trust Coin shop. Upcoming CG characters will make a great target for prism moogles if you're not interested in pulling the units themselves. I spent quite a bit of time looking at the TMRs of various past limited units that I have, and I don't see anything in there that would significantly help my team so I decided to hold on to my prisms for now. Somehow through sheer luck I ended up with 5 of them through the anniversary summons so far.

Pejo

Latest news in Gumi being Gumi - It looks like the Charlotte rate-ups in all 4 of her rate-up banners (daily, regular banner, step up, and 5+1) is set to the rate of a dual 5* banner, despite there being only 1 5*, which means the rates are half of what they should be (1.5% rainbow rate in general instead of 3%, seems to be .4% chance for Charlotte herself). Reddit's in the middle of doing fact finding and maths, but expect another whoopsie on the horizon. If the community can actually prove this again, you might get refunds on your pulls. There's a lot of "ifs" in this situation though, so don't pull with refunds in mind.

I myself did the full 24k step-up and only got a single Charlotte on the last step, and am 3 pulls in on the 2500 banner with not a single rainbow.

Pejo

The 4 just announced anniversary banners, any reason not to 3x all of them if I have the capability to?
If you want the units, go for it. You're guaranteed to get a 5* from the pool from each pull. That said, the fan festa guaranteed 5* had a better pool of units with the recent buffs,but it looks like it's no longer available.

Look at it this way, if you're ok with the worst possible result, then what's the harm?

• 3 Queen
  • 3 Beowulf
  • 3 Rem
  • 3 Gladiolus
That looks pretty scary to me on paper, but there are very very low odds of getting those awful pulls. I don't dare tempt Queen though, she's ruined my rainbow excitement way too many times.

evangd007

If you want the units, go for it. You're guaranteed to get a 5* from the pool from each pull. That said, the fan festa guaranteed 5* had a better pool of units with the recent buffs,but it looks like it's no longer available.

Look at it this way, if you're ok with the worst possible result, then what's the harm?

• 3 Queen
  • 3 Beowulf
  • 3 Rem
  • 3 Gladiolus
That looks pretty scary to me on paper, but there are very very low odds of getting those awful pulls. I don't dare tempt Queen though, she's ruined my rainbow excitement way too many times.

Well I have a single Gladio, Rem, and Queen. Are their STMRs good?

Though I'm looking to pass on tanks now. The 5* mog king ticket gave me Basch #2 so I'm good for magic tank with him and physical tank with Sieghart.

EDarkness

Did two pulls on the Yuffie banner and got 2 Yuffie units! Awesome. She's my favorite FFVII unit, so it's cool I was able to get her and 7* her. Don't need to pull anymore on that banner since I like Zack, but not sure I want to spend resources to get him. Now, I can just focus on the raid and be done.

Reizo Ryuu

This attacker banner is actually really good, but I'm gonna save everything I have for the global exclusive CG unit...I have like 120+ tickets and 15k lapis waiting lol.

Pejo

This attacker banner is actually really good, but I'm gonna save everything I have for the global exclusive CG unit...I have like 120+ tickets and 15k lapis waiting lol.
Good luck to you, her art and CG looks great. Hope the unit lives up to the hype. Gumi has been pretty good with the GL exclusive units so far, so she's likely to be good.

I'm still throwing everything I get trying to get a second Charlotte. I should just stop though and UoC her next week.

I'm not really sure which ticket did it, but I somehow ended up with a single Zack through EX tickets or a 10+1 or something. My anniversary luck kinda ran out at the beginning of last week. Since then it's been blue and gold all day everyday. It's alright though, I got quite a few goodies over the course of the anniversary. Today's free 10+1 got me another CG Lassworm. I guess it's better than a kick to the pants.

Shouta, is the next great tank unit CG Warrior of Light? Primarily physical tank I'm looking for. I plan on using CG Charlotte for quite a long time in the magic tank role. Also, was he a summon fest unit, or can I still UoC him when he comes around? I think Lightning/Bartz were the last two that were ticket-able, if memory serves for the JP side.

Reizo Ryuu

Pejo Pejo The art for the Global unit is out there? If so, do you have a link?
maxresdefault.jpg

Shouta

Good luck to you, her art and CG looks great. Hope the unit lives up to the hype. Gumi has been pretty good with the GL exclusive units so far, so she's likely to be good.

I'm still throwing everything I get trying to get a second Charlotte. I should just stop though and UoC her next week.

I'm not really sure which ticket did it, but I somehow ended up with a single Zack through EX tickets or a 10+1 or something. My anniversary luck kinda ran out at the beginning of last week. Since then it's been blue and gold all day everyday. It's alright though, I got quite a few goodies over the course of the anniversary. Today's free 10+1 got me another CG Lassworm. I guess it's better than a kick to the pants.

Shouta, is the next great tank unit CG Warrior of Light? Primarily physical tank I'm looking for. I plan on using CG Charlotte for quite a long time in the magic tank role. Also, was he a summon fest unit, or can I still UoC him when he comes around? I think Lightning/Bartz were the last two that were ticket-able, if memory serves for the JP side.

Galuf then WOL for Physical Tanks, as I recall.

Pejo

Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu Thanks for posting that. Wow. She looks great. Love her 3D model. No idea what kind of unit she is, but I might roll for her just because she looks awesome.
Supposedly hybrid Damage, and surprisingly not ice based. I guess those are crystals in her CG, not ice.

I'm hoping for an Arex and Shaly video this week to show her off. I probably won't go for her on her banner unless she's some sort of monster. Esther has spoiled me for DPS.

I was pissing around on FFBE equip yesterday, and it looks like I can get around 1900 spirit on my CG Charlotte if I make a few STMRs that I have been sitting on. That will finally complete the SPR parameter mission. I ended up doing another 2500 lapis pull on her banner after hitting my ad rewards 500 lapis bonus, and actually got a second copy finally. I was able to instantly max her DEF/HP/SPR/MP and LB with pots from the anniversary, which was nice. That 50% mitigation is going to be so handy.

Man I really hope they eventually add a "merge all dupes" button. Unit management is such a goddamn hassle these days. There are so many units, and with Trust coins you don't want to just trash or sell any units anymore. Inventory management is now 90% of the time that I play this game.

Reizo Ryuu

Got elena from the free step of her step up lol.
Then I burned all my tickets but didn't get another or morgana but I did get:
Aurora fryevia
trance terra
Myra
Luneth
Orlandeau #3
HT Lid #4
Fohlen #4
prompto #2
Nagi
Summer folka and citra
Summer fina and lid
Black mage golbez
Yuraisha
Monk Sabin

Some good stuff in there, also two more stmrs, but I'm 150 units over capacity now so I'm gonna be busy with merging for a bit...
Will prolly use my lapis to get another elena.

Last edited:

Pejo

Got elena from the free step of her step up lol.
Then I burned all my tickets but didn't get another or morgana but I did get:
Aurora fryevia
trance terra
Myra
Luneth
Orlandeau #3
HT Lid #4
Fohlen #4
prompto #2
Nagi
Summer folka and citra
Summer fina and lid
Black mage golbez
Yuraisha
Monk Sabin

Some good stuff in there, also two more stmrs, but I'm 150 units over capacity now so I'm gonna be busy with merging for a bit...
Will prolly use my lapis to get another elena.
Wtf man, how many tickets did you burn? Either you had an enormous hoard or you got super fucking lucky to get that many rainbows.

Congrats either way, that's an amazing haul.

For the first time in months and months, I actually got a banner unit from a ticket. Used a few of my 4* guaranteed and got Elena. Free step was just 1 gold 10 blue. I'm going to wait until the community word is in on Elena to see if I might want to finish the lap to get her to 7*. Got a few rainbows from the free pulls. 5+1 actually gave me 2. my 4th Aloha Lasswell and my 5th Onion Knight.

I forgot to finish the Charlotte storyline before it ended last night. So much lapis left on the table there. Ah well.

Reizo Ryuu

I think I had about 100 tickets and a couple 10/5+1s, but I didn't get much out of those, so I guess I had about a ~14% rainbow rate lol?

Pejo

So I got my 2nd Elena through some good luck. Leveled and awakened, with no pots or no equipment except her TMR, she has over 1000 in both ATK and MAG. It's crazy how much powercreep has happened in the last few months.

Without going too far into what her optimal build would be, I got her up to ~2500 ATK and 1300~ MAG. I'll have to try out FFBE Equip later, it was taking forever tonight for some reason. I like her, she works pretty well with Esther, but she won't be replacing Esther for trials and stuff. Also, she's got way too many skills in her kit. I'm sure I'll eventually figure out what's worthwhile or not, but the first time i brought up her skill menu I was a little overwhelmed.

Pejo

Damn, I Just saw that the 5* EX ticket is stuck behind 30k grind points for this Elena event. Yuck. Luckily the LGD stage is only a single fight I can complete with the repeat button. Looks like I'll have to burn some of those NRG pots I've been accumulating.

What do you do with all the currency we've been collecting from the Elena grind anyway? Mog King doesn't want any of it, and it doesn't seem to be exchangable in the shop. Is it strictly for crafting?

Pejo

The currencies are for summoning on the raid banner and for crafting.
Thanks! I never even thought to check the 800 banners we currently have.

Got 7-star Lezard and immediately got his STMR with a STMR Moogle. 3000 MAG is so tasty.
Congrats! I still haven't seen the new VP units, but he must be a beast if he can hit 3k MAG. How are the enhancements to the original crew?

Shouta

Thanks! I never even thought to check the 800 banners we currently have.

Congrats! I still haven't seen the new VP units, but he must be a beast if he can hit 3k MAG. How are the enhancements to the original crew?

Enhancements are fairly solid overall. They make them usable which is the most we can expect. Lenneth's main Sword combo is 9530% before imperils and got more attack for equipping bows. It's not as high as other units but she doesn't need to unlock abilities or stack damage making her a good right out of the gate damage dealer though still needs a dupe to maximize her damage. Arngrim hits hard and has a longer imperil/imbue now and Freya got a massive boost to her LB to make it hit for 17400% or so after LB damage is calculated.

Reizo Ryuu

Nichol with the great buffs, sakura chaining with bolting strike and actually showing which abilities chain with what right on the abilities itself, makes for a pretty sweet update.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Enhancements are fairly solid overall. They make them usable which is the most we can expect. Lenneth's main Sword combo is 9530% before imperils and got more attack for equipping bows. It's not as high as other units but she doesn't need to unlock abilities or stack damage making her a good right out of the gate damage dealer though still needs a dupe to maximize her damage. Arngrim hits hard and has a longer imperil/imbue now and Freya got a massive boost to her LB to make it hit for 17400% or so after LB damage is calculated.

What?! The Valk Profile units got buffed? Seriously? I feel like Lenneth already kicks so much ass, but to think she got buffed to be even more badass...is...well...sweet as hell. Damn, I can't wait until we get that update.

evangd007

I got Sakura #2, Akstar #3, and Lid #4 and #5 from the 5* hero ticket.

Certainly worth. Are Sakura's enhancements as good as they look? Is Mechabo Hammer worth getting?

Reizo Ryuu

Gumi ain't got no chill, what's with these back to back banners and step ups...
I was planning on doing rivera's step up and then also do elena's, but then they pull a sneaky with an upgraded cg lightning.

Pejo

I got Sakura #2, Akstar #3, and Lid #4 and #5 from the 5* hero ticket.

Certainly worth. Are Sakura's enhancements as good as they look? Is Mechabo Hammer worth getting?
Sakura got some great enhancement, but it all goes back to the fact that for some time, pure MAG attackers have taken a backseat to Hybrid/Phys. You have the killers, you have the TDW (of which MAG has far less and harder to get equipment). If you have her, she can now chain with several families, which is cool, but even her admittedly nice enhancements doesn't break the meta or anything. No harm in using her if you like her though, she's more usable than ever before.

Mechabo Hammer looks like a pretty good base for tanks that can equip Hammers. If you take it through IW and get some more DEF/HP/SPR on it, it could be a beast with the LB per turn and HP+20% baked in. Again, it's not meta-changing, but it's nice to have for sure. It's a shame we don't have more Damage units that use hammers/axes/etc.

Gumi ain't got no chill, what's with these back to back banners and step ups...
I was planning on doing rivera's step up and then also do elena's, but then they pull a sneaky with an upgraded cg lightning.

Lightning is pretty good, but not a must have, IMO. If you want to get into TDW, Zeno and CG Bartz are also good, and Bartz's TMR will be huge for any TDW unit. I will forever personally hate FFXIII so I won't be rolling at all on this one. In fact, I'm not really interested in TDW at all for now, so the next banner I roll on will likely be CG WoL.

Reizo Ryuu

Inversely, FF13 is amongst my favourite FF titles (specifically 13-2), So horse lightning is pretty neat. The step up doesn't seem that bad either, but it means I'll have to say no for now to 7* Elena, or a single copy of rivera.

Reizo Ryuu

Pejo Pejo used your charlotte to beat morgana, her LB and cooldown are really damn good.
Combined with myra, kryla and sylvie I was barely taking any damage. Now I kinda want charlotte.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo used your charlotte to beat morgana, her LB and cooldown are really damn good.
Combined with myra, kryla and sylvie I was barely taking any damage. Now I kinda want charlotte.
Yea Charlotte is an absolute beast. She's even got chaining moves for when you have nothing else to do. Wait until I finally quit being so lazy and make a few STMRs for her. I have a plan to get my SPR parameter mission done with that build, so it's going to cap out around 2k SPR and I think it was like 18,000 HP. Need Item World to come back first though.

evangd007

Sakura got some great enhancement, but it all goes back to the fact that for some time, pure MAG attackers have taken a backseat to Hybrid/Phys. You have the killers, you have the TDW (of which MAG has far less and harder to get equipment). If you have her, she can now chain with several families, which is cool, but even her admittedly nice enhancements doesn't break the meta or anything. No harm in using her if you like her though, she's more usable than ever before.

Mechabo Hammer looks like a pretty good base for tanks that can equip Hammers. If you take it through IW and get some more DEF/HP/SPR on it, it could be a beast with the LB per turn and HP+20% baked in. Again, it's not meta-changing, but it's nice to have for sure. It's a shame we don't have more Damage units that use hammers/axes/etc.

If Sakura can be considered "good enough" then I'll use her as an on-element Bolting Strike chain partner for Elena (who I have) and Esther (who I don't). I don't have good enough lightning element weapons to convert Malphasie or Beatrix to that element.

I yanked Elena with a 4+ ticket after getting faked out by my 70% blue ticket with a Kunshira.

Also I do not own the vast majority of gear and materia you are describing to make TDW great.

For the hammer it sounds good for physical tanks, but for magic tanks I prefer spirit weapons. Is that the right call?

Pejo

If Sakura can be considered "good enough" then I'll use her as an on-element Bolting Strike chain partner for Elena (who I have) and Esther (who I don't). I don't have good enough lightning element weapons to convert Malphasie or Beatrix to that element.

I yanked Elena with a 4+ ticket after getting faked out by my 70% blue ticket with a Kunshira.

Also I do not own the vast majority of gear and materia you are describing to make TDW great.

For the hammer it sounds good for physical tanks, but for magic tanks I prefer spirit weapons. Is that the right call?
Sorry, I said TDW, but I meant magic True Double Hand. There's not a ton of materia/equipment out there that gives it now. Sakura will be excellent chaining partners for a few families. The nice thing is that her equipment is very unlikely to overlap with any of your physical units. For magic tanks, you're dead on, SPR and HP are the best bets. FFBEEquip has a category for best magical effective HP, which means the most efficient combo of HP/SPR, so that makes it easy. They actually released an extension for Chrome so you can export your full library of characters and equipment from the game and load it into the app. That way you can see the best possible builds for only the equipment and units you actually own. I use it all the time.

Reizo Ryuu

Lightning's theme playing on her banner/step up made me realise how much I want selectable battle music in this game.

A bit conflicted about summoning though, the split with hope is a bit rough considering I have sylvie and myra.

Last edited:

Pejo

Lightning's theme playing on her banner/step up made me realise how much I want selectable battle music in this game.

A bit conflicted about summoning though, the split with hope is a bit rough considering I have sylvie and myra.
She got some significant upgrades, which is cool for those that wanted her. Chains with Esther well too. I'm still holding a firm "nope" status, but she's not a bad get.

Hope, yea....if you have Sylvie he's hard to recommend.

EDarkness

Are units still getting ability enhancements? I was looking over the list of characters who can get them and none of the units I use on a regular basis have them. I'm still surprised that 2B and A2 don't have them. Not even Raegen has them. Seems strange that they'd add in this new enhancement system when so many units don't have ability enhancements yet. I'll admit that I haven't been using the system that much in the last year, but I figured in that time there would be more units to enhance.

Reizo Ryuu

They should be.
However straight upgrades are a thing now too after the fan festa buffs, maybe GLB will slowly phase out enhancements slowly in favour of straight buffs and new stuff via latent abilities.
I wouldn't mind though, I'm always out of resources to actually enhance characters; this is the reason why I finally shelved ms nichol in favour of myra, he got great enhancements, but why even bother when myra was buffed for free?

Last edited:

evangd007

My fault for not checking my friend unit, but what kind of idiot equips an element-locked weapon on Elena instead of Astrea?

Last edited:
Top Bottom