• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy is my mental breakdown

Digity

Ff VIII is more abt the characters and the amazing ending as to why I like the game than anything but to each their own. What’s been your favorite thus far?
Number one for me is VII(what a surprise, OG, not the remake), I love them all really. VIII isn't a bad game, it's just a bad FF game to me. I may do X next or XV cause I never got around to beating it.

Number one for me is VII(what a surprise, OG, not the remake), I love them all really. VIII isn't a bad game, it's just a bad FF game to me. I may do X next or XV cause I never got around to beating it.
Definitely do X. I can’t see you not liking X if u loved VII

Digity

Definitely do X. I can’t see you not liking X if u loved VII
I do love X lol, just been awhile since I've played it. XV I haven't finished and VIII was just one I never bothered to finish back in the day cause I didn't really like it back then either.

GinSama

I’m hyped for XVI , and although original vision of versus was cancelled, overall I enjoy XV.
VII has a special place in my heart I have several tattoos and at least two tattoos about gaming.

I have tattoo about bloodborne+lovecraft and other about VII with fenrir tattoo in the arm.

the series as lost a bit of quality, hopefully XVI will bring back the magic.

still one of my favourite game is XIII-2 and VI.

Edit. And funny enough didn’t play yet the remake of VII… I think I’m afraid 😔

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
As a whole it's one of the strongest gaming franchises of all time. The direction thr series has taken is slightly concerning. Hope 16 can get it back on track

For everyone talking about XVI, have yall ever sat down and like analyzed the combat a bit?

ffxvi-final-fantasy-xvi.gif

ffxvi-final-fantasy-xvi.gif

The hitstun and impact of the moves looks freaking fantastic. The previous Devil May Cry combat designer working on this has me so hyped. We’re in good hands!

Final Fantasy on NES was my first RPG. I'd go to school thinking about it. Couldn't wait to get home to play. I wouldn't consider myself a superfan of the series as I missed a few entries. FFXIV and FFXV are both great. The sense of scale and adventure in XV matched with the storytelling is awesome.

Best RPG franchise ever. Dragon Quest is next, but the way Final Fantasy changes it up every time yet consistently puts out great games is incredible.

I'd argue that there has never been a bad mainline FF game. Granted I've never played Lightning Returns.

Boneless

Played and finished FFVII several times, AMAZING.

Played FFVI but couldnt handle the aged graphics and didnt like the stereotypical villain.

Played FFX but couldnt handle the cringe and the silly ball game.

Played and finished FFXV, enjoyed that a lot though it had so much more potential.

Played and finished FF7R, good but a lot more potential is they stayed closer to the original in story and atmosphere.

Last edited:
Played and finished FFVII several times, AMAZING.

Played FFVI but couldnt handle the aged graphics and didnt like the stereotypical villain.

Played FFX but couldnt handle the cringe and the silly ball game.

Played and finished FFXV, enjoyed that a lot though it had so much more potential.

Played and finished FF7R, good but a lot more potential is they stayed closer to the original in story and atmosphere.
Woooow u didn’t like Kefka??? I’ve actually never seen that before

Top Bottom