• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series have sold over 2 million units worldwide

Elios83

I did my part, now I have all the mainline series (except for the MMORPGs I'm not into) on a single console (PS5)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought V and VI on Switch. I’ve bought these games since the 90’s. I even have a copy of XIV that I converted to Realm Reborn. The series comes and goes because it’s a great classic 2D RPG. I’m glad these pixel remasters have shed some light on their existence. All the QOL stuff needs to be implemented across all platforms.

I think some people went back to these games regardless of the grind, but the QOL improvements make them even more accessible in today’s busy society.

Last edited:
People often forget but these Pixel Remasters will sell like hotcakes in regions where the originals didn't have localization. Back then it wasn't common to have localization for languages like Spanish/Portuguese/Turkish and many more. So it selling this well is not that surprising, plus the easy access to a number of old titles of a long-running franchise all in one place to a whole generation of gamers (new and old) is always a wise strategy business-wise.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I really wish they would print the physical version, as an old man who grew up playing these games on cart and disc I want it physical!

Ev1L AuRoN

There is one pending, I'm just waiting the price come down a bit. I own those games in a lot of platforms but I'm interested in a physical copy for the Switch.

RagnarokIV

Well, 12 of them were from me.

I'm curious how many times I've purchased FF4 alone. SNES, PS1, GBA, PSP, DS, Steam, Steam again, PS5. Pretty sure I'm missing one or two.
FF4 in particular is like the MGS games for me. You keep re-releasing them and I'll keep buying them.

I did my part, now I have all the mainline series (except for the MMORPGs I'm not into) on a single console (PS5)
That's really another great reason I wanted to get it. I'll have Final Fantasy I-XII on Switch physical carts. Don't care about XI, but to me that's pretty great.

Nydius

I bit the bullet and ordered the multi language Asia version from Play-Asia. Snuck in just in time for the May 22 restock so hopefully will have it by June-ish.

kunonabi

Yeah, I just grabbed FFIV since I tend buy it every time it comes out. No real interest in FFV and FFVI due to censorship and some unnecessary tinkering. I might have grabbed the first 3 too but I really can't put up with the stuttering.

GenericUser

I tried the pixel remaster and it was atrocious! It's merely a cheap cash grab for 20-something zoomers or people that don't remember how the originals looked like on a crt tv. I then fired up ff6 on a snes emulator with a halfway decent crt filter and that alone is a night and day difference. I'd say stay away from these "pixel remasters" as far as you can.

Top Bottom