• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII 25th anniversary news set for June

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Edit: come on dude, it's SPECULATED to be FFVII Remake part 2... he didn't even really MENTION FFVII:R P2, he said that more info about 25th Anniversary will be released and that FANS are speculating that it's gonna be FFVII Remake Part 2...

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's 25th anniversary of the game bro. It's obvious they'll tease it. Speculation or not.
i'm sitting here, PRAYING brother, but i've been hurt by nomura personally so many times in the past, i don't dare wish

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i expect a teaser only since they are going to focus on ff16

EarlyUnevenBubblefish-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Gematsu more accurate for this

Back in January, Final Fantasy VII Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase teased “the Final Fantasy VII Remake news you’ve been waiting on” will come sometime in 2022.

I guess Summer Game Fest or an SE Presents next month will have all the FF Series news.

I'm very interested to see where they take this. Will they steer it back into being an actual retelling of FFVII? Or will it continue to go off rails as the first eluded to and be an alternate time-line, time traveling sequel?

Fbh

Hopefully true but this is just speculation.

Personally I think they'll focus their marketing on FFXVI for the moment and once that's out (supposedly soon considering recent comments on it being close to done) they'll shift their communication focus to VII Remake Part 2d

Fuck Nomura and fuck FF7 Remake.

I'd fuck parts of FF7 remake......

This, plus Grubb saying he keeps hearing that TLOU remake is coming out this year...i can't imagine a PlayStation show not happening next month at this point. Plus...God of War release date.

Mr Hyde

It's crazy it has been 25 years since I played this revolutionary masterpiece. It changed my taste in games completely, pushing me towards jrpgs and role playing games overall. My time with FF 7 is probably my most cherished gaming memory of all time.

Astral Dog

i'm sitting here, PRAYING brother, but i've been hurt by nomura personally so many times in the past, i don't dare wish
They can easily show a teaser trailer like they did for Kingdom Hearts 4, doesn't mean the game is coming out this year(or the next, or in 2024)

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
*dark oboe*

Narration with text on screen: Once there was a legend

*dark oboe*
*piano flourish*

**birds flying through a blue sky**

A "Promised Land,"
A land of "Supreme Happiness,"

**flash of lightning, Japanese characters**

*moar peeno*

After four years. The Reunion is at hand

*full strings*

**Cloud and Barret walking through Midgar**

Title flash

Final Fantasy VII
Remake
REMADE
INTER:racial
Doki Doki AVALANCHE Club
PURASU

Currently in pre-pre-development

Last edited:

Markio128

I’m currently playing through FF7 remake again, but on classic mode - ‘tis an enjoyable way to play. It gives you more time to concentrate on enemy weaknesses and the buddy move sets.

On topic, I’m looking forward to seeing how they handle part 2 - open world?

jimmypython

ahhh Nomura, the art of teasing lol

I REALLY hope this potential FF7R-2 tease does not steal FF16's thunder...because, you know, FF16 is (most likely) a real game ready to be released lol

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: K2D

saintjules

Would seriously be weird if they didn't have anything for FFVIIR Part 2 news. Even just a snippet of something I'd expect.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
what was good about it? actual question not being sarcastic lol
The combat felt much more smoother compare to base game, arial combat especially was much more improved, it gives me more hope that Part 2 combat is gonna be even better.

mortal

Gold Member
I suspect it'll mainly focus on Ever Crisis, with a possible teaser for Remake part 2 at best, if at all.
Would love to be completely wrong and we're met with a generous showing with the game in running in real-time.

yurinka

-FFVIIR will join basically every single FF game on the PS+ USA debut
-FFVIIR xbox port announced for 2023
-FFVIIR part 2 announced for PS5 (cg teaser)
-FFXVI release date announced (November 2022)
-Some stuff for mobile
-Maybe a FFVII movie announced

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
new fonts for final fantasy pixel remake series
and a console all games in one release to double bait all the fucking idiots who bought it

PhaseJump

Banned
All speculation, but I guess next month we will get Steam FF7R, a surprise FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre shadow drop, FF16 trailer, something Dragon Quest related, the new Chocobo Racing ported so we all get to suffer, FF7Remake 2 trailer.

I expect Xbox's own showcase to get "Please Be Exciteded" while showing us game pass late ports of FF7R and ActRaiser, maybe FFT & TO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom