• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII 25th anniversary news set for June

K2D

Banned
ahhh Nomura, the art of teasing lol

I REALLY hope this potential FF7R-2 tease does not steal FF16's thunder...because, you know, FF16 is (most likely) a real game ready to be released lol
They'll be spaced out months and a year - if the tease is any good, it can only add hype to XVI..!

FF16 out Nov 2022 - March 2023
FF7R-2 out March 2024-Nov 2024 is my guess.
Nah, man.. They've got teams working in tandem, and Remake pipeline has to be fast tracked. Unless we're getting a completely different game from part one in every aspect (doubt? anticipation?)

I am so sorry to hear that he fucked your mom in the past. Must of been traumatizing...
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
what was good about it? actual question not being sarcastic lol
It's new content that isn't rehashing or messing with current things. Gives Yuffie tighter focus and more of a personal goal/ambition sure its some revenge shit potentially but it also adds the Dirge of Cerberus cast without being cringe. Also Fort Condor is a great mini game. I think the music for most of the remake is over produced shit also but this has OC and some good remixes. When you remake a game you should add or compliment weaker parts of the game. Yuffie is an optional side character with literal side content story.

Go_Ly_Dow

They'll be spaced out months and a year - if the tease is any good, it can only add hype to XVI..!

Nah, man.. They've got teams working in tandem, and Remake pipeline has to be fast tracked. Unless we're getting a completely different game from part one in every aspect (doubt? anticipation?)

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

Just thinking really that part 2 will have bigger maps, more varied locales, better graphics, UE5 etc... so whilst it part 1 means a lot of the groundwork is set, I still think it'll be a typical 4-5 year development cycle, so with part 1 releasing in 2020, makes sense to me that part 2 will release in 2024. Perhaps part 3 will be churned out in 3 years or so though.

stickkidsam

I'm surprised to say I'm more interested in playing FFXVI at the moment.

VIIRE: Part 2 is still on my radar though. Chocobo breeding in HD is gonna be tight.

K2D

Banned
Just thinking really that part 2 will have bigger maps, more varied locales, better graphics, UE5 etc... so whilst it part 1 means a lot of the groundwork is set, I still think it'll be a typical 4-5 year development cycle, so with part 1 releasing in 2020, makes sense to me that part 2 will release in 2024. Perhaps part 3 will be churned out in 3 years or so though.
I'm with you on 4 years, I think maybe even 3. And development began before release of part 1. I'm thinking between mid '23 early' 24 (second half of 2023).

XII is an excellent game though??
So I've heard, but the ps2 graphics combined with mmo style combat rubbed me the wrong way, and that train has already rolled. I'm not alone on being burned on 12. But it didn't take away Square's star. That honor went to XIII.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
I'm with you on 4 years, I think maybe even 3. And development began before release of part 1. I'm thinking between mid '23 early' 24 (second half of 2023).

So I've heard, but the ps2 graphics combined with mmo style combat rubbed me the wrong way, and that train has already rolled. I'm not alone on being burned on 12. But it didn't take away Square's star. That honor went to XIII.
If you were burned by graphics and gameplay you didn't even try, you've only got yourself to blame.

Game is great, and actually gorgeous. The HD version is fantastic. Also adds speed up, which is great

Go_Ly_Dow

Without COVID I was also expecting part II in 2023, but with the delays impacting the entire industry, I've set my expectations for any time in 2024.

At least we also have FF16 landing soon to fill the gap.

Reactions: K2D

K2D

Banned
If you were burned by graphics and gameplay you didn't even try, you've only got yourself to blame.

Game is great, and actually gorgeous. The HD version is fantastic. Also adds speed up, which is great
It was obvious that XII was development with HD 720 and beyond in mind.

Speeding up gameplay is not a great tell of the gameplay. The great FF's doesn't even force you to farm. That's the best jrpg fighting experience - getting by difficult battles with figuring out a strategy on the fly. This is beyond the point I was making though.

The combat veered too far away the familiarity of up until X.

I'm not bothered by it though and I'm happy for those who appreciated it.

Kimahri

Banned
It was obvious that XII was development with HD 720 and beyond in mind.

Speeding up gameplay is not a great tell of the gameplay. The great FF's doesn't even force you to farm. That's the best jrpg fighting experience - getting by difficult battles with figuring out a strategy on the fly. This is beyond the point I was making though.

The combat veered too far away the familiarity of up until X.

I'm not bothered by it though and I'm happy for those who appreciated it.
Not the point. 2x is great for a remaster so you can do things quicker.

The strategy in xii is fantastic.

dbilyliker

Gematsu more accurate for this

Back in January, Final Fantasy VII Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase teased “the Final Fantasy VII Remake news you’ve been waiting on” will come sometime in 2022.

I guess Summer Game Fest or an SE Presents next month will have all the FF Series news.
I can't tell you more.( Because there nothing more to tell you.):messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom