• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaLiancY

Good to see more multiplatform titles. I haven't cared for Final Fantasy since VI but fans of the genre on the 360 will be happy none the less.

camineet

Banned
If SE wants to maximize profits, they should do a PC version as well.

Why not, they did a PC version of FFVII, and I think FFVIII as well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Gamecube had a LOT more interesting stuff going on than PS3 does at this point... and if anything I'm a Sony fan. MGS4... and that's it! And done! We'll see what else there is at Sony's conference... but right now this is lookng to be the most imploded console since Saturn.

Dunk#7

duk said:
doesn't matter u can install the full game into 360's hdd now and play it from there without the disk having to spin

But the disc still has to be in the drive to verify that you own the game. So what point is there to installing the entire game on your drive. It would be nice if you could store it without needing the disc, but as of right now it still has to be there so there is no point.

soco

camineet said:
If SE wants to maximise profits, they should do a PC version as well.

i don't know if it's serious, but in the SE presser, they talk about having the priority on a PC version. i still haven't seen a formal announcement though.

G-Bus

Banned
duk said:
doesn't matter u can install the full game into 360's hdd now and play it from there without the disk having to spin

....haven't kept up with the MS news but is this a new feature that will support all games?

If so wow. Makes me want a 360 even more now.

Quazar

I think it was cool that LR will go to PC. Maybe Square can start with that and continue from their with future titles. :D

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

just got home.

duk

Banned
Dunk#7 said:
But the disc still has to be in the drive to verify that you own the game. So what point is there to installing the entire game on your drive. It would be nice if you could store it without needing the disc, but as of right now it still has to be there so there is no point.

ur just conjecturing that it'll require multiple disks

USC-fan

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
It's funny how these things cause tons of crap for hours.

Then a few days (maybe just a day) later no one cares anymore.

Life is funny.
Of course because now this game won't come out for at least 2 years in NA.

camineet

Banned
I think this years Sony's E3 conference will be the most important of PS3's lifespan. Console wars are usually decided in the 2nd year going into the 3rd year.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Dunk#7 said:

How about the fact that you're now reading data off the HDD instead of a DVD?

Surely there's some positive in this for even someone like you?

Dragon

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

*injects you with Foxdie!*

Nolan.

BocoDragon said:
Gamecube had a LOT more interesting stuff going on than PS3 does at this point... and if anything I'm a Sony fan. MGS4... and that's it! And done! We'll see what else there is at Sony's conference... but right now this is lookng to be the most imploded console since Saturn.

Saturn had stuff too you know! <_< .

Vinci

Danish
duk said:

We like conjecturing about multiple disks. Reminds us of the good, ol' days. Don't steal our childhood away by telling us not to do it.

Flavius

Red Scarlet said:
FF1 was released on the MSX like a year after the Famicom (and still before the US release). Multi-platform FF is not a new concept at all. In fact, it's about 20 years old.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think your factual accuracy detracts from the point of his response.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
el Diablo said:
99nhw0.jpg

:lol

I take it this got the Amirox seal of approval?

Dunk#7 said:

this is the prelude to caching data on the 360

Dunk#7

duk said:

No I'm not saying that at all. Even if it is only one disc, which I'm sure is possible, you still have to have the disc in the drive to prove you own the game.

I'm just stating that the new possibility of installing a full game to a HDD has no point unless you can play the game disc-less.

avaya

Angry Grimace said:
Who knows how much it was worth anyways given that Square's track record of late has hardly been staggering. Let's see; an online RPG, an underwhelming Final Fantasy XII, and a lot of repackaged gameboy/DS ports. I didn't have all that high of hopes for FFXIII anyways, given how little fun for my money Square has provided in the last 5 years.

The stake they have is more symbolic than anything else, like the joining of two families.

Maybe there is still something there because it seems as though the 360 version is being developed after the first FNC title is released in Japan. A bit of Twin Snakes about the whole thing.

I have to say I never thought I'd see the day we'd see a main numbered Final Fantasy on an Xbox. Then again reading the posts in this thread maybe it was worth it for the comedy alone.

Sony won't buy Square, Stringer isn't silly.

Dragon

Banned
duk said:

And you're just "conjecturing" that it won't. What makes you think it won't?

I have Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon in my corner. Granted Mistwalker is not Square-Enix, but still :)

burgerdog

Some people are still in denial and question that the game will hit day and date with the ps3 version. At first many of you believed that FF13 would never hit x360, do you seriously believe that a simultaneous release is that far-fetched? Even now? LOL @ Nib for thinking MS paid top dollar for this, just like Nintendo paid top dollar for DQIX, right? I bought my ps3 for mgs4 and ff13. BIG FUCKING DEAL. I'm glad this is going multi!

Red Scarlet

Flavius said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think your factual accuracy detracts from the point of his response.

It was just showing that FF hasn't been single platform for a long time, there was always a possibility. And it hasn't been a Sony-only thing since about 2001 when the remakes started coming out as well.

TheBranca18 said:
I wonder how that works with multiple discs...

ever played a pc game?

it will most likely ask you to put in the discs at certain points during the install. It will probably make you keep in the first disc while you play. Its pretty common on the PC

SonComet

The only issue I have with this is the pain I will go through trying to figure out which version I should buy and having to pre-order both. Hopefully it's basically identical on both like dmc4 and burnout paradise.

NolbertoS

Well after seeing the meltdowns, can't believe it seems like an end of an era :(...Being a multi-console owner, can't help but feel bad for Sony. I'll admit that I hated Sony during the PS1 era for gutting Nintendo by offering a shitload of money to SE for FFVII being PS1 exclusive and now the tables have turned for them, with MS offering even more crazier shitloads of money. Damn, I'll still get it for PS3 though, as I don't want to keep changing discs, all the time, like I did in Lost Odyssey. You can't help but wonder how MS throw money around like pimp, while their 1st party games keep suffering.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
chubigans said:
Holy freaking crap @ Amir0x.

I never, ever knew how much of a complete fanboy you have truely become. MGS4 to 360? That's like the oldest fanboy wet dream in the book.

WOW.

Sort of like FFXIII to the 360 and we know that ain't eva gonna' happen!

Dragon

Banned
Flesh Into Gear said:
ever played a pc game?

it will most likely ask you to put in the discs at certain points during the install. It will probably make you keep in the first disc while you play. Its pretty common on the PC

I tried playing Neverwinter Nights and just don't do well with a mouse :). Seriously. So no, I'm ignorant about that sorta stuff.

Okay cool. I must admit that it's a really cool feature, and I'm sure we'll be hearing more of it later, although I'm sure one reason they came out with it is because of 60 GB SKU.

Melchiah

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I wouldn't go that far, but it's safe to say MS has achieved their aim. Even when Sony eventually overtakes them worldwide, they will have cut the margin so significantly, that the next generation will be VERY interesting.

The PS3 still has some amazing games in it's stable. I'm playing the shit out of echochrome at the moment. Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone 2 (if it's good), LBP, Jak (when it comes) plus others.

Sony's FAR from dead, but I'm glad MS has struck back at Nintendo and MS when they were really starting to look down and out. It's more fun this way.

People are making this a bigger deal than it actually is. It would be a big deal if MS had secured exclusivity deal for FFXIII, like Sony did with FFVII, but to claim a 360 port would spell doom for Sony. I think I want to have whatever those people have had, it might be fun to look at the world in such a delusional state of mind.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Nolan. said:
Saturn had stuff too you know! <_< .
Yeah.. you know... it did.

PS3 worst console ever? Unless it turns around... right now PS3 plays MGS4 and Blu-rays.

Red Scarlet said:
It was just showing that FF hasn't been single platform for a long time, there was always a possibility. And it hasn't been a Sony-only thing since about 2001 when the remakes started coming out as well.

I think most people thought, SE would give MS all the other timed exclusives, but never give them FF 13. I haven't seen anywhere someone even predict a FF 13 announcement for 360 at E3.

pswii60

camineet said:
If SE wants to maximize profits, they should do a PC version as well.

Did you play the PC version of FFVII though? If so, I doubt you'd be so excited for a PC version of FFXIII.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BlueTsunami said:
Sort of like FFXIII to the 360 and we know that ain't eva gonna' happen!
I think a lot of people figured it would happen, given the insane costs.

MGS4 has already sold a ton of copies, and cashed in the Sony check for exclusive. I think it's very safe where it is right now.

jaaz said:
This reminds me so much of the June 2007 "Sony is teh doomed" NPD thread.

Don't get me wrong.

The enormity of this anouncement simply can't be ignored.

I still believe Sony will eventually overtake MS worldiwide, but the magin will be so small it will be almost negligible...to the point where MS could be called a victor when you factor in the last gen results.

I think that's what MS was going for the whole time.

I mean seriously, look at how many exclusives MS has poached and even made some of them their own (Ace Combat). There's franchises that don't matter but many that DO.

Every game counts in the grand scheme of things, and MS is making all these moves for the long term of the NEXT Xbox, not this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom