• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
Ganondorfo said:
Xbox 360 has final fantasy 13 + mistwalker + star ocean + infinite undiscovery + tales of vesperia

PS3 has white knight chronicles

BIZARRO WORLDS, TWILIGHT ZONE, XBOX360 IS WINNING IN JRPG DEPARTMENT.

Star Ocean is NOT exclusive. PS3 also has FFXIII, White Knight Chronicles (as you mentioned above), Valkyrie Chronicles and Tears of Tiara.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Muppet345 said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Wh...what ?

:lol :lol

ymmv

Banned
BocoDragon said:
Yeah.. you know... it did.

PS3 worst console ever? Unless it turns around... right now PS3 plays MGS4 and Blu-rays.

That's ridiculous. There's loads of stuff coming out for the PS3 - unless you believe 3rd party multiplatform titles exist on the 360 only.

LCfiner

Muppet345 said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

did this happen when they ditched nintendo for upstart Sony? Or are you suggesting that this will happen because MS is not a japanese company? Because i don't buy that at all.

SE will do fine. More people will buy FFXIII than before.

also, in the spirit of the day, :lol :lol :lol

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Muppet345 said:

Your name suits you well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
TheBranca18 said:
You know I called you out earlier, and now I'm going to have to call you out again.

The PS3 was released in November of '06 and has sold around 14 million consoles. The Saturn sold 17 million in its lifetime.

The PS3 plays more than the things you listed. You can troll on the PS3 all you want, if you want to be an ass, go for it, but at least be an honest ass. Thanks.
You know... the only console I own right now is a PS3. I am no "troll" of the PS3. I'm more like someone laughing at my own misfortune while the ship goes down.

I'm not interested in sales... I'm talking about exciting exclusives.

Is there anything besides MGS4 that I'm missing here???

Dot50Cal

Banned
So I've been looking for a post to do a dramatic reading based off this, but I found a few. Amir0x is a big contender. Though I think he might take offense and ban me :lol What do you guys think?

duckroll

Paracelsus said:
Seriously, what can Sony do that can actually happen to stop thousands of people from laughing hard at them later in the morning?

Announce FFVII remake, have a 10 min FFXIII stage gameplay demo, and announce FFXIII for PS3 in December for Japan.

jaaz

burgerdog said:
Some people are still in denial and question that the game will hit day and date with the ps3 version.

Sorry, but it's clear as mud right now. SE statements seem to imply that they are shelving a completed PS3 game until they develop the 360 version. (I am assuming localization to NA and EU doesn't equal the 360 development time). When have you ever heard of that happening to a multi-platform game?

Vinci

Danish
Outside of the megaton of this announcement, that was a helluva nice trailer they showed. Reminds me a bit of Ivalice.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dot50Cal said:
So I've been looking for a post to do a dramatic reading based off this, but I found a few. Amir0x is a big contender. Though I think he might take offense and ban me :lol What do you guys think?
DO IT

ADD EVIL LAUGHTER TOO

btw, muppet, heard of ff7?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Muppet345 said:

seppuku.gif

ronito

Dunk#7 said:
I miss when gaming was a tight knit community and everybody worked for one common cause of making gaming better in general. These days everything has split into factions and everybody is working against each other. It is killing the growth of the gaming community. Everybody keeps creating "the same-ole thing" year in and year out. Work together and make something different. Please
What are these mythical age you speak of? There were magnavox vs atari vs coleco people

Muppet345 said:

Hmm, I haven't read much of the thread - is it all this crazy???

Dot50Cal said:

You clearly haven't seen Muppet's post yet. it's like he wrote it just for you :lol

Rpgmonkey

Muppet345 said:

Heh.

And you know, I hope a FFVII remake gets announced tomorrow.

Not for any of this petty "we need compensation" or whatever crap, but it'd be a nice megaton, even if it is (very) unlikely. >.>

I really don't see anything wrong with this. The game is still exclusive to PS3 in Japan, and that is where its going to get most of its sales. Sony must have understood that it will move consoles anywhere, but in Japan the most.

duckroll said:
Announce FFVII remake, have a 10 min FFXIII stage gameplay demo, and announce FFXIII for PS3 in December for Japan.

Kingdom Hearts 3 and the resurrection of the Dream Team for Chrono Break would help too.

Vinci

Danish
Saint Gregory said:
Hmm, I haven't read much of the thread - is it all this crazy???

That particular post definitely was. He doesn't seem to remember when they did even worse to Nintendo back in the day. Didn't seem to dismember their bottom-line.

Dragon

Banned
Vinci said:
Outside of the megaton of this announcement, that was a helluva nice trailer they showed. Reminds me a bit of Ivalice.

Yeah I want to explore the place! Airships please.

Can I get a bad ass heroine-filled HD version of FFIX.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I wonder how this moneyhat compares to the GTAIV moneyhat? FF-13 brought to the 360 thanks to the revenue generating power of Microsoft Office. :)

Melchiah

Nolan. said:
I'm not meaning to be rude but I have a question. What are the other things that are almost certain to bring consumers in.? Or what are the others worth owning from a consumers point of view.

Now?
Siren: Blood Curse, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, GT5P, Buzz!, Hot Shots Golf, Resistance, Warhawk, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Eye of Judgment, MotorStorm, Formula One...

In the near future?
Wipeout HD, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, White Knight Story, Little Big Planet, MotorStorm 2, SingStar, Socom, Tekken 6, Infamous, Heavy Rain, The Last Guy, the Team ICO project, Jak & Daxter, God of War III...

Take your pick.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Why do people consider a remake of FFVII megaton worthy ? Its just a remake. Sure the game was great and all, but with all the SE remakes, and spinoffs and shit, i want to see new IPs, not remakes. Its so boring.

Hunahan

Banned
Muppet345 said:

omg. :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Neomoto said:
I wonder how this will effect the PS3 in Japan
It won't effect shit.

LCfiner

Dot50Cal said:

Wel, the absolute craziest responses are on PS3 forums, but they sound like 5 year old children... the humor is rather one-note.

good luck!

the meltdowns here are total Hero of the Web material.

Muppet345 said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Sorry but...

:lol :lol :lol :lol

3rdman

Muppet345 said:

LOL Thank you, kind Sir! :lol

Snaku

Banned
duckroll said:

I think that's the news that pisses me off the most about this whole situation. They've been hammering on for months about simultaneous worldwide releases, and now the rest of the world is yet again doomed to wait at least 10 months for localization.

duckroll

Valkyr Junkie said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 and the resurrection of the Dream Team for Chrono Break would help too.

Too soon for KH3 to be announced, but yes Chrono Break would really help right about now. Maybe it's been in development for years just waiting for the right moment to be used as a counterattack by Sony.

Muppet345 said:

If there was to be one post that could define the reaction to this news, I think it should be yours. You are hilarious.

Unless you are being serious, then you are just a mental case.

Vinci

Danish
Woo-Fu said:
I wonder how this moneyhat compares to the GTAIV moneyhat? FF-13 brought to the 360 thanks to the revenue generating power of Microsoft Office. :)

Hey, man, it's all about the games.

ymmv

Banned
BocoDragon said:
You know... the only console I own right now is a PS3. I am no "troll" of the PS3. I'm more like someone laughing while the ship goes down.

Gran Turismo 5
Tekken 6
Valkyria Chronicles
LittleBIgPlanet
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Motor Storm 2
White Knight Chronicles
Infamous
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
Team Ico title
Socom
Wipeout HD
God of War 3
Final Fantasy vs XIII (somewhere in time)

There's still a lot of fun stuff coming out. The loss of FFXIII as a PS3 exclusive is a very big blow, but they've still got their own great exclusives just like MS.

jakster4u

So I guess Sony is betting on the rest of the world buying the FF's on the PS3, while quite a few people still buy it on the 360 in America and Europe.

I'm so tired of Sony. Why can't they do anything right the first time this generation.

Dragon

Banned
BocoDragon said:
You know... the only console I own right now is a PS3. I am no "troll" of the PS3. I'm more like someone laughing at my own misfortune while the ship goes down.

If you consider exciting sales, games like MGS4, then I guess not. I'd be interested to see what you consider such on the Saturn.

:lol

Complete surprise. Not in a million years would I have thought FF would go multiplat before MGS.

America is 360 Land Confirmed (at least for the "hardcore")

tehbear

BocoDragon said:

More 3rd party multiplatform this gen, I don't see how you think that's "misfortune" unless you want the MS first party lineup and can't afford a 360?

Saturn was a fucking awesome console, that ship sunk far harder than the PS3 but you enjoyed every minute of that ride. Don't let sales age cloud your vision of fun.

Joei

I think the only thing that can top this would be for SE to say they're doing an FF7 remake
for 360 :p

Muppet345 said:

11h89j5.gif

Ravidrath

Apparently there will be exclusive summons to each version.

PS3 will have Diabolos, and he will transform into a PS3.

360 will have Garuda, and she'll turn into a 360.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wow, this thread has exploded, I get home from work and I read FFXIII to Xbox 360 and I expected to see a OP ban and lots of cats, I come in to the biggest turnaround in the history of GAF.

I honestly cannot believe this, I know 360 has been courting jRPGs for a while now, and FFXIII is still exclusive to PS3 in Japan, but fuck me this is epic, I had 2 reasons for finally getting a PS3 in 2009, one was GT5, the other was FFXIII, reason 2 is now on 360.....GT5 better be awesome beyond belief.

Oh, did someone also say LR = Games for Windows? FUCK YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom