• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

pswii60 said:
Did you play the PC version of FFVII though? If so, I doubt you'd be so excited for a PC version of FFXIII.

Yeah but the PC versions of RE3, Dino Crisis, Onimusha, DMC3 were all crap too. That didn't stop Capcom from releasing the best console to PC ports this generation through Lost Planet and DMC4 though.

zoku88

Quazar said:
I think it was cool that LR will go to PC. Maybe Square can start with that and continue from their with future titles. :D
Wait, it is?

Well, i know what platform I'm buying it for now.

Dragon

Banned
BocoDragon said:
Yeah.. you know... it did.

PS3 worst console ever? Unless it turns around... right now PS3 plays MGS4 and Blu-rays.

You know I called you out earlier, and now I'm going to have to call you out again.

The PS3 was released in November of '06 and has sold around 14 million consoles. The Saturn sold 17 million in its lifetime.

The PS3 plays more than the things you listed. You can troll on the PS3 all you want, if you want to be an ass, go for it, but at least be an honest ass. Thanks.

Busty said:
I'm sorry. But that sentence just blew my mind.

WOW. A man that posts pictures of his wife ......on NeoGAF for everyone to fawn over is going to judge me?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

What a strange little man you are Gregor.

But let's not tarnish this thread further with such nonsense.

Reply if you like but I won't be bothering to read it.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

LOL, what the fuck? There's a picture of me...with her in it. Do you have a self esteem issue? What's with you and the personal comments about people and their women?

Oh, and you'll read this and reply. Guaranteed.

Back to the other nonsense.

duckroll said:
Yeah but the PC versions of RE3, Dino Crisis, Onimusha, DMC3 were all crap too. That didn't stop Capcom from releasing the best console to PC ports this generation through Lost Planet and DMC4 though.

Capcom has certainly made huge strides this gen with the PC ports. Lost Planet is very much a PC game.

Ganondorfo

Xbox 360 has final fantasy 13 + mistwalker + star ocean + infinite undiscovery + tales of vesperia

PS3 has white knight chronicles

BIZARRO WORLDS, TWILIGHT ZONE, XBOX360 IS WINNING IN JRPG DEPARTMENT.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Every game counts in the grand scheme of things, and MS is making all these moves for the long term of the NEXT Xbox, not this one.

I agree this is a huge game for MS, but it does NOTHING for next gen as you can see with this gen. How does securing now, secure later?? Did you learn nothing from sony

Dunk#7

Why does it matter if this game gets ported anyway? I have a PS3, but I'm glad to see a wider audience be able to play the game.

I got a PS3 and it had nothing to do with FFXIII. I have never liked a single FF game.

Quit arguing about which console is better and let them all do what they are best at. Each of them have their own unique advantages.

I miss when gaming was a tight knit community and everybody worked for one common cause of making gaming better in general. These days everything has split into factions and everybody is working against each other. It is killing the growth of the gaming community. Everybody keeps creating "the same-ole thing" year in and year out. Work together and make something different. Please

Muppet345

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

inner-G

Banned
BocoDragon said:
Yeah.. you know... it did.

PS3 worst console ever? Unless it turns around... right now PS3 plays MGS4 and Blu-rays.
Well, the PS2 upscaling is nice :/

(I'd probably be having a sony-squeenix fanboy meltdown right now, but I got a 360 last week :D )

zoku88

^ Do you really believe that? :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Even though it does seem fit to point to the comment above, this was actually mean for Muppet345. You guys are too fast...

Haunted

pswii60 said:
Did you play the PC version of FFVII though? If so, I doubt you'd be so excited for a PC version of FFXIII.
Well yeah, if they make one, they should take some pointers from Capcom - the PC version of DMC is pretty much flawless as far as the technical side goes. Lost Planet was also very competent.

Hell, since they're already making The Last Remnant for PC they should take pointers from the Capcom PC team anyway. :D

Dragon

Banned
Dunk#7 said:
I miss when gaming was a tight knit community and everybody worked for one common cause of making gaming better in general. These days everything has split into factions and everybody is working against each other. It is killing the growth of the gaming community. Everybody keeps creating "the same-ole thing" year in and year out. Work together and make something different. Please

No offense, but you sound like a Sesame Street episode. Don't be so naive man. It's about money. The fact we get great games and features is all about competition, if we didn't have any competition, companies would get complacent. You're seeing the result of that with Sony this generation.

duckroll

Muppet345 said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Okay, I think I will. :lol :lol :lol :lol

avaya

Muppet345 said:

:lol

Ganondorfo

I'll wonder how Sony will save E3 tomorrow.

-Announcement of final fantasy 7 remake
-Jak 4
-Uncharted 2

the only reason to be happy at sony tomorrow.

I'm in Europe (Paris), currently paying a cafe to post this. Holy shit. Out of any possible announcement, I didn't see this coming.

I don't mind too much, as an early Nintendo fan that got screwed after the SNES. It's just a cycle; a giant ass-fucking cycle. Still, I think this news is less grudge-fucking worthy than DQIX to DS.

I wonder how much moneyhats were needed for this port, and how that cash will play in SE's larger game. Specifically, will this lead to the fabled remake that some console owners need to validate their PS3 purchase?

anaron

Muppet345 said:

I wish.:lol

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
while i am glad to see the 360 get it..Final Fantasy just does not have that much of an impact anymore..
but it sure is a troubling sign.. will other big games follow suit?

Paracelsus

Now, I have a question for you guys.

Take it lightly, please. Please.

If you were in Sony's shoes, would you have the "bronze face" to stand there, right in front of the public, and show the same old stuff we all people know is exclusive to the PS3 just because it is feckin first party? Would you have the guts to show R2, KZ2, MS2 and Home once again?

I'm not expecting anything from the Sony conference. The MS conference was kind of boring, just like last year. This time it had something slighly different though. Like, a Kill-a-ton. Or Kill-a-Sony, take it as you please.

Does Sony have something like that? What's left for them to do?

Seriously, what can Sony do that can actually happen to stop thousands of people from laughing hard at them later in the morning?

Now, I'm watching the Sony conference only to see if they actually have the courage to do a conference like last year.

Neomoto

Holy shit.. they just lost their biggest exclusive that was supposed to be it's saving grace.. I never thought this would happen :eek: I wonder how this will effect the PS3 in Japan

Edit: And e3's has only just begun.. wow

duk

Banned
Ganondorfo said:
I'll wonder how Sony will save E3 tomorrow.

-Announcement of final fantasy 7 remake
-Jak 4
-Uncharted 2

the only reason to be happy at sony tomorrow.

FF13 DLC exclusive to PS3

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Ganondorfo said:
Xbox 360 has final fantasy 13 + mistwalker + star ocean + infinite undiscovery + tales of vesperia

PS3 has white knight chronicles

BIZARRO WORLDS, TWILIGHT ZONE, XBOX360 IS WINNING IN JRPG DEPARTMENT.
Funny how Final Fantasy 13 is now a 360 exclusive according to you. When did that happen?

But yeah, it is pretty bizarre. lol

I certainly didn't expect it.

Muppet345 said:

Excellent! :lol :lol

inner-G

Banned
Muppet345 said:

Wow, that's pretty delusional.

Also, nice use of a broad generalization about Japanese people. It just has to be accurate. :lol

I just feel bad for Hardcore 360 owners when they realize the game doesn't have bald space marines and is in 3rd person. I feel even worse for Core owners.

What a day, what a fucking day.

Muppet345 said:

thats ridiculous.

further...it's still PS3 exclusive in Japan

What's up with all the "Sony's only games are FF and MGS" comments. I know loosing this game is big, but holding exclusivity in Japan is also fairly large for Sony. There are other games coming on the console ... GT5, GOW3 for the larger franchises.

What's with all the Doom and Gloom stuff ....

I thought I was escaping N4G to avoid that kind of shit.

(well that and the swear filter.)

The best part about the "at least now I don't have to spend $500" argument is that buy the time this game comes out the PS3 will most likely be $200 and the Xbox 720 will be launching :lol

Muppet345 said:

:lol

Hats off to a masterful joke post sir.

Don't think that it will make that many ripples in the Western world, but since it is still exclusive to PS3 in JPN, Sony have the much better deal here...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Neomoto said:
Holy shit.. they just lost their biggest exclusive that was supposed to be it's saving grace.. I never thought this would happen :eek: I wonder how this will effect the PS3 in Japan

Edit: And e3's has only just begun.. wow

It's exclusive in Japan.

Dunk#7

Why does it matter if this game gets ported anyway? I have a PS3, but I'm glad to see a wider audience be able to play the game.

I got a PS3 and it had nothing to do with FFXIII. I have never liked a single FF game.

Quit arguing about which console is better and let them all do what they are best at. Each of them have their own unique advantages.

Guy Legend

Muppet345 said:

Ok expert....:lol

MidgarBlowedUp said:
I just feel bad for Hardcore 360 owners when they realize the game doesn't have bald space marines and is in 3rd person. I feel even worse for Core owners.

What a day, what a fucking day.

Do you feel bad when you look at the 360's RPG Lineup?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Muppet345 said:

Three words.

Bitter.

Tears.

Frosting.

You know that scene from that episode of South Park, with Cartman licking Scott's tears? Yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom