• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Extensive GameWatch interview.

asking again, why should i get the $30 2013 version over an old 2010 box for much cheaper?

Also why is ps3 one $40? It's the same game right? Or is that cost of printing discs, so will psn version be $30?

Khrno

asking again, why should i get the $30 2013 version over an old 2010 box for much cheaper?

Because the Art-book will be awesome and it's the reason why many V1.0 CE owners are buying this new CE regardless of already getting the new game and bonus items for free.

Also why is ps3 one $40? It's the same game right? Or is that cost of printing discs, so will psn version be $30?

Console games are usually more expensive than PC games, so licensing fees (from Sony) would be my guess. No idea about the PS Store pricing, but might not be cheaper than retail, they usually aren't.

Khrno

PSN invites are being sent out today, Bayohne just confirmed it on Gamespot stream.

Fake edit: Also many people in the beta forums started getting the PS3 codes via email.

Nirran

Best news ever that they removed the GCD from all abilities. Was so stupid to use an ability and be locked from using any of the others. This should make the game a lot more engaging as well.

Anteater

Fake edit: Also many people in the beta forums started getting the PS3 codes via email.

yay time to check ema-

tumblr_mdbt3eved11rju9slvb.gif

Khrno

So much for "priority" >.>.

There's people that are just registering to the beta forums after receiving the PS3 code, so it's not like they were already beta testers, there might be, but some of these people posting just registered there.

Aww, thought since I had the FFXIII code I would be a shoe in for the PS3 Beta.

Hopefully their not done sending them out yet. Guess I'll just settle for PC if so though.

Because the Art-book will be awesome and it's the reason why many V1.0 CE owners are buying this new CE regardless of already getting the new game and bonus items for free.

Console games are usually more expensive than PC games, so licensing fees (from Sony) would be my guess. No idea about the PS Store pricing, but might not be cheaper than retail, they usually aren't.

don't think the $30 one has any art book.

Khrno

don't think the $30 one has any art book.

Oh sorry, I mixed things up. You'd only miss on the pre-order items and early access I guess.

The bonus in-game items (a "Cait Sith Doll Minion" and "Mog Cap") will be delivered to the account that the pre-order bonus code has been registered to.

Mog Cap
Show your love for the fluffy Moogle by wearing this cap as you adventure through Eorzea! This headpiece can be equipped by all classes at level one.

mogcap.png

Cait Sith Doll Minion
Adventurers can often be found with their own personal minion by their side as they tame the wilds of Eorzea. By pre-ordering either the standard or collector's edition you will receive a "Cait Sith Doll" minion!
* Minions are vanity pets that do not have any affect on a player's stats.

caitsith.png

Oh sorry, I mixed things up. You'd only miss on the pre-order items and early access I guess.

The bonus in-game items (a "Cait Sith Doll Minion" and "Mog Cap") will be delivered to the account that the pre-order bonus code has been registered to.

Mog Cap
Show your love for the fluffy Moogle by wearing this cap as you adventure through Eorzea! This headpiece can be equipped by all classes at level one.

mogcap.png

Cait Sith Doll Minion
Adventurers can often be found with their own personal minion by their side as they tame the wilds of Eorzea. By pre-ordering either the standard or collector's edition you will receive a "Cait Sith Doll" minion!
* Minions are vanity pets that do not have any affect on a player's stats.

caitsith.png

I see. Seems less hassle if I just go digital tbh lol. Whats a good resource for me to catch up on this? Looks promising and gorgeous, but never played FF11 or FF14 original.

mmo experience range from tons of grindy korean 3d mmos, 2d mmos, action mmos, tera, tor, a bit of wow, a bit of tera.

Khrno

Arcanist > Scholar or Summoner

All classes will branch into multiple jobs, Arcanist will be the first one where this happens.

I think I'm pretty interested in giving this a fair shake. Sounds like they really tried to make things a lot deeper. Really busy combat means I start getting nervous about latency, but what else is new.

Khrno

I see. Seems less hassle if I just go digital tbh lol. Whats a good resource for me to catch up on this? Looks promising and gorgeous, but never played FF11 or FF14 original.

mmo experience range from tons of grindy korean 3d mmos, 2d mmos, action mmos, tera, tor, a bit of wow, a bit of tera.

You should get the pre-order items if you pre-order digitally too. You don't really need to "catch up on" or anything, if you do want to know the story of the previous version, you can check the cutscene videos on youtube tho. But this game is made thinking on people that have never played FFXIV or a MMO. The story from the previous version will be touched up in-game as well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You better believe I'm staying up tonight to play some beta phase 3. Delicious!

Hmm, I do want a mog hat...

vilmer_

I signed up for this beta ages ago and still haven't received an invite for PC or PS3, /shakes fist. I'm assuming it's a random lottery system for people who didn't play earlier on?

You should get the pre-order items if you pre-order digitally too. You don't really need to "catch up on" or anything, if you do want to know the story of the previous version, you can check the cutscene videos on youtube tho. But this game is made thinking on people that have never played FFXIV or a MMO. The story from the previous version will be touched up in-game as well.

like the very basics :p

Is combat traditional WoW/everquest hotkey tab hotkey mmo?

I know these games have class switching, how does that work?

auction house?

flying mounts?

match making for raids dungeons etc?

cute outfits for gals?

... that's about all i needa know about for mmos lol.

I signed up for this beta ages ago and still haven't received an invite for PC or PS3, /shakes fist. I'm assuming it's a random lottery system for people who didn't play earlier on?

Yep, you could have a chance for PS3 since I think they're still sending the invites.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Nice, showing off the new classes.

Khrno

like the very basics :p

Is combat traditional WoW/everquest hotkey tab hotkey mmo?

I know these games have class switching, how does that work?

auction house?

flying mounts?

match making for raids dungeons etc?

cute outfits for gals?

... that's about all i needa know about for mmos lol.

-You could say the game is heavily influenced by WoW or GW2.

-You change your weapon, you change your class, as simple as that, it can be done on the fly (except inside dungeons).

-There is a system similar to an AH.

-Chocobos can jump but that's it, there are Airships, but not personal ones.

-There's a system called Content Finder which is matchmaking for dungeons.

-Game has been on NDA until now, but from this weekend onwards there will be screenshots overload, so you will get to see lots of risque images.

Also, just watch the videos released by SE that talk about how the game plays and so on.

Bladenic

Ughhhhhh stop looking and sounding so amazing. And now I have to pick if I want SMN or SCH (probably SMN but still).

How many people pre ordered from the square website? It looks like only the square website has any copies of the CE for the PC left. I heard bad things about getting your game on time though. Kind of wished I pre ordered earlier since I could have just used my amazon prime.

-You could say the game is heavily influenced by WoW or GW2.

-You change your weapon, you change your class, as simple as that, it can be done on the fly (except inside dungeons).

-There is a system similar to an AH.

-Chocobos can jump but that's it, there are Airships, but not personal ones.

-There's a system called Content Finder which is matchmaking for dungeons.

-Game has been on NDA until now, but from this weekend onwards there will be screenshots overload, so you will get to see lots of risque images.

Also, just watch the videos released by SE that talk about how the game plays and so on.

leveling up classes separately?

Also... whats their official youtube channel?

SRTtoZ

Its so nice to have all these MMOs coming out on PS4 (FF14/PS2/ESO/DCUO) because my friend who isnt a PC gamer can finally play these with me. Really looking forward to FF14.

Khrno

How many hours till it starts?

I am more a healer/support guy in MMOs, with what should i start? :D

About 5 hours untils start. You should start as Conjurer then.

leveling up classes separately?

Also... whats their official youtube channel?

Yes, each class is levelled separately, cap is level 50 (35 for beta), you can share many abilities from one class to another, like in other FF games where you use abilities from other jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV/videos

phase 3 invite didn't go out yet rite?

They started sending them since yesterday, and they will probably continue sending more even after this first test weekend is over.

kurbaan

Banned
I guess this is as good a place to ask as any.

Is this reboot as good as FFXI? I used to play it on ps2 for a few years. The thing I loved was it actually felt like an mmo you had to team up with people there was real community. stuff like wow just doesn't feel the same.

Top Bottom