• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

YukiOnna

Asmongold & Rich had the best interview IMO.

The standard fare questions about system adjustments, and job changes are just not for me when I'll try it anyway. So it was nice to have something about FFXIV on a broader scale and about design philosophy.

Asmongold & Rich had the best interview IMO.

The standard fare questions about system adjustments, and job changes are just not for me when I'll try it anyway. So it was nice to have something about FFXIV on a broader scale and about design philosophy.

the "do they even play their own game?" comment is hilarious. the shade had been thrown and with good reason too.

YukiOnna

Zepla's interview was also pretty good with different types of questions. The platinum colour and surprise for players, Zenos' Avatar, His feelings on "You think you want it but you don't," etc

Another Moogle Tomestone event begins tomorrow.

Thankfully I have literally everything on the prize list except for the new jacket, so that's all I need to grind for. Going to do it exclusively through PvP so I can work towards my PvP achievements as well, even though I REALLY don't like Rival Wings lol. It's probably the only piece of content I genuinely dislike in this game

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Man the endwalker raids sound hype af

Are we really going to kill the 12?

Welp, got my Inferno Jacket exclusively through Rival Wings as planned. I'm now much closer to the mounts but I still hate the mode. I just can't bring myself to grind it out like I did with the Onsal Hakair mount. Oh well! At least I got the regular gorilla mount lol

Kumomeme

in next 2-3 days we gonna witness the original Warrior of Light vs Elidibus.

man... in less than a month he made into Shadowbringers

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
in next 2-3 days we gonna witness the original Warrior of Light vs Elidibus.

man... in less than a month he made into Shadowbringers

Once you get through the slog of Realm Reborn the game picks up quickly and I wager he is skipping all the non-mandatory raids. Not to mention as being the Gooch he is probably being carried.

Today's maintenance changed all servers to Standard. No more Preferred servers until after Endwalker, it seems. Sucks for brand new players looking to get into the game within the next month - there's no chance of making it to Endwalker now unless they completely no-life FFXIV in November lol
Once you get through the slog of Realm Reborn the game picks up quickly and I wager he is skipping all the non-mandatory raids. Not to mention as being the Gooch he is probably being carried.
He probably started on a Preferred server too. That XP bonus is no joke lol. I was able to level several jobs on my Preferred Alt just by following MSQ.
Edit: I just double-checked and I leveled FIVE jobs to 70 solely through MSQ. Like I said, the XP bonus is pretty crazy!

Also on the subject of Sakaguchi, he called Vauthry Jabba the Hutt :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I fucking hate this game. It's too good. Coming up on the end of Heavensward. This is the best JRPG I've played in 20 years. Best cast of characters. Best world in any game ever. It's just such an utter joy to play and experience. I feel like a kid again.

So many good story moments.

YukiOnna

I fucking hate this game. It's too good. Coming up on the end of Heavensward. This is the best JRPG I've played in 20 years. Best cast of characters. Best world in any game ever. It's just such an utter joy to play and experience. I feel like a kid again.

So many good story moments.
I hate that you're getting to experience it all for the first time in the lead up to Endwalker.

Kumomeme

he focused on MSQ. its fine. once he finished he would has tons of time to catch up other raid before EW launch. he might gonna farm for relic weapon after finished all MSQ. Yasumi Matsuno mentioned that he want ARR relic and he prepared another public character to help him. but he should doing well alone. it is not that hard to finished the MSQ raid content. he is tank since lv1 and been doing roulette too. it is also not his first MMO. he used to play Everquest alot back in the day.

honestly im more interested to see his reaction toward the single player content, particularly the main storyline quest, the worldbuilding, character etc. but it seems he enjoyed the game as whole which is, great.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

finally the day is here

FC6pytLVUAQCMyT

So what are your final guesses on what the new small-scale PvP will be like? I see a lot of people still holding out hope for Blitzball, but I'm not confident on it working so well in XIV.

I'm hoping it has something to do with G-Warrior. I've wanted more content with G-Warrior ever since the Sapphire Weapon fight, and PvP is feasibly the only venue for more since it's technically optional content

So what are your final guesses on what the new small-scale PvP will be like? I see a lot of people still holding out hope for Blitzball, but I'm not confident on it working so well in XIV.

I'm hoping it has something to do with G-Warrior. I've wanted more content with G-Warrior ever since the Sapphire Weapon fight, and PvP is feasibly the only venue for more since it's technically optional content

G-Warrior related stuff would definitely be welcome. I can even imagine they'll put some in for the storyline in EW.

G-Warrior related stuff would definitely be welcome. I can even imagine they'll put some in for the storyline in EW.
Unfortunately, I'm doubtful on it showing up in EW because it's optional content. The only optional content that has shown up in MSQ so far is Crystal Tower, which they made mandatory shortly after ShB launch.

Anyway, I'm finally replaying Shadowbringers on my alt and I've noticed that my choice of main job is actually improving my enjoyment of it so far. I remember at ShB launch, whenever I got into combat I was constantly thinking about Dark Knight being disappointingly simple compared to Stormblood DRK. Won't be making that mistake in EW! Warrior all the way!

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to give another heads up / warning about tonight's stream. They're probably going to debut the Launch Trailer, which usually contain spoilers because it's made from in-game footage. Therefore, if you want to remain spoiler-free, just skip the first few minutes of the stream and do your best to avoid XIV Reddit/Twitter/forums/etc. because they'll be speculating about what they saw for the next 2 weeks lol

Also:
Animated GIF
until Endwalker!!

Last edited:

YukiOnna

PLL Going on right now. Yoshi-P Announced Endwalker will be delayed by 2 weeks, to December the 7th. Early Access will be December 3rd.

Yoshi-P says it's a selfish reason. It's the largest expansion so there's a lot to cover and checks to make sure they're tying up everything. which ate into the Master QA time. Server stability was also a factor.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Hopefully whatever issues they have are resolved in those two weeks. Better to do it right than fast. Time flies, memories last. See: 1.0

Meicyn

Gold Member
Yeah, but the sincerity is why the playerbase will be fine with it. He is as much a player of the game, MMO enthusiast, and a Final Fantasy fan as we are so it’s no big deal.

He mentioned that a fellow SE executive pointed out that 2 weeks is way too late to announce a delay and I agree - they should have come to this decision and announced it much earlier. That said, it actually works in my favor (in the middle of moving) so I'm not personally upset, but I'm sure a lot of people are.

RIP to the people who took time off lol

YukiOnna

Well, no real money involved... but its something I've been wondering if they would move to since it makes sense.

Good move IMO
unknown.png

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
CDPR memes strike again.

RDT_20211106_0010594646010822881380869.jpg

Edit: Maybe the 2 week delay will let them focus on fixing Dark Knight instead of making it shittier each expansion.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
PvP being seasonal is probably a good thing because the only meaningful rewards come from 100 matches of 30 minute long queues each or being a Top 100 player in THE FEAST. Which is garbo.

RIP Feast

I was holding onto hope that they would one day bring back 8v8 Feast, but alas...

Also, it's funny seeing how many people are at the Crystalline Mean crafting Coffee Biscuits and Dwarven Mythril Files because of the announcement of the levequest nerf. There were always a handful here at any given time, but I'm looking at a dozen right now lmao

Top Bottom