• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

If you've done all the Shared FATE stuff, you unlock the Radz and Sharlayan gemstone vendors which sell Bicolor Gemstone Vouchers for 100 gems, which are currently selling on the MB for upwards of 150k each.

It's quite a grind to unlock those vendors, of course, but you can use all that FATE grinding to level alt jobs :)

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I am currently stuck between “Easy Gil” and “I want the bloody Rhino” With the gemstones.

YukiOnna

Thank you for the advice people. I only have 300K to put into perspective how poor I am so I will use this properly.
I'll also try my luck with the GC Loot boxes so maybe I'll land one of the mounts that sell for 5M-15M.

Thankfully, my friend is kind enough to say he'll buy any equipment for me.

Done. Probably earned around 150 vouchers on my own, but I just used my Shadowbringers Coffee Biscuit money to buy the rest. Would not recommend unless you've got a ton of gil to burn, because it ended up costing me around 40M lmao
GtAX9Xq.jpg

I expect vouchers to become more expensive as less people run FATE trains over time (hence the reason why I splurged on them now), so I'm going to start hoarding them to sell later. Hopefully I can make a decent amount back lol

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Nice! Looks so damn cool.

I will eventually get mine as I grind out other jobs via fate runs. Issue is trying to even get into the game. I mostly have free time in the evenings which means 2-4k queues. At that point I just say screw it and play other games.

YukiOnna

Nice! Looks so damn cool.

I will eventually get mine as I grind out other jobs via fate runs. Issue is trying to even get into the game. I mostly have free time in the evenings which means 2-4k queues. At that point I just say screw it and play other games.
Was there an anomaly on Eve and 25th or something? because the queue was like in the 10s for Excalibur so I thought it permanently died down.

YukiOnna

The best times to log in on Excalibur are 1am EST and generally like 9am-11am.
Yeah. Though I notice if you log in around evening time it's only 1k queue at worst lately.
I don't know how the other bigger servers like Gilgamesh are fairing and if they still have that stupid 9k+ amount.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah. Though I notice if you log in around evening time it's only 1k queue at worst lately.
I don't know how the other bigger servers like Gilgamesh are fairing and if they still have that stupid 9k+ amount.
Evening time everyone gets off work. So they get on. Tuesdays will spike due to challenge log and raid resets. Excalibur as far as I know isn't one of the highly populated servers.

Valonquar

s4PMrCB.jpg

Also joined the chonker mount club last night. Farmed just over 200 vouchers before giving in and buying the rest. I have 6 more jobs left to have everything at 90, so I will recoup a lot of that. I also got all Trust avatars to 90 yesterday. Still no luck with the Tiny Troll, Snake boi, or Sparrow minions :/ Also need TT cards from Attilascope, and the last 2 trials to have "everything" new I think. Fun times!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I guess Coeurl is dead(er) then cuz yesterday I hopped on at 6pm PST, which I imagine is a busy time, and there were less than 200 in line.

Valonquar

You can't solo them. They rely on people clearing other fates in the zone to trigger them, but as a general rule, they spawn, are murdered instantly and then don't respawn for 36 to 72 hours

YukiOnna

Just been FATE farming all day and working on GC ranks. Those bicolor gem mats are definitely reliable source of gil thank goodness.

so, been watching some streams of DE_Rebecca, aka space mom from Warframe. I knew from before that she plays XIV, but watching her go through the EW story, especially the last part in zone 6, really had been pretty crazy. she got so emotional over the story and it's amazing to see her like this. also she's a HUGE simp for
Emet Selch
so you can already tell when she'll get the biggest reaction. she also streams without donation I think, so that's cool to see too.

Yoshi-P's usual new year message is here, though it doesn't hint at anything in particular like previous years.

Happy new year to all you FFXIVers out there!
This is Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida.

Though we regrettably had to delay Endwalker by two weeks right before it was originally slated for release, it was on December 7 that the expansion finally went out into the world─a conclusion to the saga of Hydaelyn and Zodiark which began all the way back in 1.0. It's now been a full eleven years since I came aboard FFXIV, and I feel that I've put everything I have into this expansion. I'm certainly curious to know what sort of an impression it's left with you.

Setting aside game content, the large influx of players around the world since mid-year and the impact of Covid-19 on the supply of server equipment have led to extremely long login queues, and I'd like to sincerely apologize again. We're currently working to fundamentally address the situation, such as adding logical data centers and increasing the number of Worlds in all regions, and we ask for your patience in the meantime.

Now then, as its title suggests, Endwalker winds up the tale that has been woven since 1.0. However, FFXIV itself is far from over, and we've already begun creating new journeys for all you Warriors of Light─or adventurers, rather─to embark upon!

As a matter of fact, just as I was thinking about the next adventure, I noticed that a piece of paper had been left on my desk. And what should be written on it but another poem!

2a2f3941661642a37f2bd9f22af7a0a10902c30e_0.png

Having welcomed the dawn of rebirth, taken to azure skies, liberated a land stained crimson, restored Darkness to a Light-flooded world, and now standing with the waning moon at their backs, our adventurers set their sights on a new beginning. Well, that's my take on the words, anyway...

FFXIV has surpassed ten years of operation─a goal that all MMORPGs should aspire towards─and now we set our sights on ten more. The first step in this new leg of our journey is Patch 6.1, ahead of which we'll take the opportunity to share our plans for FFXIV's future. Please look forward to it.

It's crazy to think that 2022 marks my twelfth year at the helm of FFXIV. Sometimes I can't help but be amazed that I haven't gotten bored with it, but then there's so much more I want to achieve with FFXIV. As I've previously said, I consider it my life's work, and I hope to continue developing and growing the game with you all.

Endwalker is the culmination of everything we've built up over eleven years, and I'm well aware that it will be extremely difficult to surpass. But just like your adventures and the efforts of the Development and Operations teams, we'll continue to build on our wealth of tales, experiences, and emotions, and endeavor to reach new heights!

Again, I wish you a happy new year, and thank you for your continued support!

They're keeping future plans close to the chest until the 6.1 Live Letter, it seems. Some people are speculating a shake-up to the game's formula (aka a major patch every 3 months), but I highly doubt that to be the case.

YukiOnna

Yoshi-P's usual new year message is here, though it doesn't hint at anything in particular like previous years.

They're keeping future plans close to the chest until the 6.1 Live Letter, it seems. Some people are speculating a shake-up to the game's formula (aka a major patch every 3 months), but I highly doubt that to be the case.
He has implied there's some major stuff coming, but I think he mentioned they wouldn't be changing the patch cycle. The number of patches that happen before the jump to 7.0 might be different though. I actually don't know how they're going to approach it and whether we'll get small new areas? etc.

The only thing this confirms is the obvious that we're done with "WoL" and are just Adventurer's going forward.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
People are reading far too much into it, at least that is what I believe.

We have new content coming, 6.1 will be the start of the groundwork for future adventures, and we have returned to being more "adventurers" instead of "Warriors of Light". Reminds me of when WoW did MoP. Felt good just being a grunt again - exploring new cultures, new cities, new peoples.

YukiOnna

People are reading far too much into it, at least that is what I believe.

We have new content coming, 6.1 will be the start of the groundwork for future adventures, and we have returned to being more "adventurers" instead of "Warriors of Light". Reminds me of when WoW did MoP. Felt good just being a grunt again - exploring new cultures, new cities, new peoples.
It's cause last time the poem was from the perspective of the Forum. But this time, it's simply from our perspective, but I agree. As the story says With Hydaelyn gone we are free of that moniker and have took on the role of Azem the Wanderer/Traveler again for the current era. The only thing they've ever implied is that it'll have more emphasis on journey rather than plot or world ending threats, which will be nice.

I can see why they held back Island Sanctuary till 6.1.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
It's cause last time the poem was from the perspective of the Forum. But this time, it's simply from our perspective, but I agree. As the story says With Hydaelyn gone we are free of that moniker and have took on the role of Azem the Wanderer/Traveler again for the current era. The only thing they've ever implied is that it'll have more emphasis on journey rather than plot or world ending threats, which will be nice.

I can see why they held back Island Sanctuary till 6.1.

I wouldn't say that we won't have any more world-ending threats. It just will be built up again over time. It will be nice to just explore dungeons for the sake of exploring dungeons though. Reminds me of the quests with Arenvald in Stormblood. That was so chill and fun.

YukiOnna

I wouldn't say that we won't have any more world-ending threats. It just will be built up again over time. It will be nice to just explore dungeons for the sake of exploring dungeons though. Reminds me of the quests with Arenvald in Stormblood. That was so chill and fun.
Aye that's what I mean since It'll be a while before we see it. I'm glad the Expert dungeons brought back the victory pose at the end, that was nice to experience again... Getting to visit new places, meet new people without worrying about the apocalypse for a bit will be refreshing. Like when you first landed in Kugane or met the people of the Crystarium and I loved the Arenvald quest.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Aye that's what I mean since It'll be a while before we see it. I'm glad the Expert dungeons brought back the victory pose at the end, that was nice to experience again... Getting to visit new places, meet new people without worrying about the apocalypse for a bit will be refreshing. Like when you first landed in Kugane or met the people of the Crystarium and I loved the Arenvald quest.

I just hope the next expansion isn't as long. SHB and EW felt a bit long in the tooth for my tastes. Great stories, but I feel it could have been cut down by a good 10-15 hours.

YukiOnna

I just hope the next expansion isn't as long. SHB and EW felt a bit long in the tooth for my tastes. Great stories, but I feel it could have been cut down by a good 10-15 hours.
It was a bit exhausting to marathon compared to HW/SB. Especially EW even though I get why they did it.
With Deep Dungeon, Eureka/Bozja Content and possibly more there's a lot of ways to divide up the story now anyway.

EDIT:
I posted it in the General FF OT, but:

Happy New Year, everyone!

......And now that I have that out of the way, to begin, I’d like to apologize for all the trouble we’ve caused you with continued congestion in FFXIV. With the addition of the new chapter in the game’s story, we’re working at full power toward core solutions to things like adding new logical data centers and worlds. FFXVI is also facing delays due to the effects of COVID-19, but we’ve finally reached a point where we can crank the gear up on development to work toward releasing the game. Please look forward to what we have on the way for each FF title!!

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer and Director
FINAL FANTASY XVI Producer
Naoki Yoshida

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
It was a bit exhausting to marathon compared to HW/SB. Especially EW even though I get why they did it.
With Deep Dungeon, Eureka/Bozja Content and possibly more there's a lot of ways to divide up the story now anyway.

Yep! I really did it to myself though. I wanted to beat the game over the weekend before I was unable to log back in for a couple weeks. Two 22 hours sessions with a 6 hour nap inbetween and a final 13 hour session after that. Worth it though :D

Still can't get those last bits of the story out of my head. It was just so well done.

How is Behemoth doing
Primal is ok for the most part. 1-2k queues at peak times for Leviathan (which used to be the biggest Primal server, not sure about now)

Anyway, I feel for Aether players that were there before the WoWfugees. But if you joined the game during the summer and rolled on Aether because that's where your favorite streamer started, then I'm not as sympathetic because you willingly and knowingly chose a high population server for the chance to play with said streamer.

/shrug

Last edited:

ManaByte

Primal is ok for the most part. 1-2k queues at peak times for Leviathan (which used to be the biggest Primal server, not sure about now)

Anyway, I feel for Aether players that were there before the WoWfugees. But if you joined the game during the summer and rolled on Aether because that's where your favorite streamer started, then I'm not as sympathetic because you willingly and knowingly chose a high population server for the chance to play with said streamer.

/shrug
I’ve been there since launch.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Got first place in an open draft triple triad tournament. 5 players were NPCs but still felt good lol

Been trying Culinarian. It is very comfy to do in between card grinds. Fishing never really clicked with me, but getting ingredients from the vendors & markets is actually kind of fun. If I try gathering again it will be Miner or Botanist.

I’ve been there since launch.
I was speaking in general, otherwise I would have quoted you specifically. Like I said, sucks for those of you that were there previously. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like its going to get much better for some time either considering the new Savage raids are dropping tomorrow.
I have my materia ready to make a fuck ton of gil post maintenance.
Be sure to be up nice and early for that!

Also, if you guys plan on playing before the daily reset, then DON'T do dailies today. They'll be updated tomorrow with the new tomes, so you can run them after maintenance but before reset and then again after reset so you can receive the bonus tomes twice in one day.

Last edited:

Valonquar

qr7eCHh.png

All jobs 90, all trust avatars 90, all Triple Triad cards, all FATEs rank 3. Just have the EX trial farming to do and the minions from 87\89\90 to farm. The minions are stupidly rare.

*edit* Got all 4 tank accessories from Zodiark EX. Eff farming these for mounts until higher ilvls to speed it up.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Those SAM adjustments are small, but help.

6.05 Patch Notes:

Pugilist/Monk

Arm of the Destroyer
  • When under the effect of Perfect Balance, now grants Raptor Chakra even when missing a target.
Rockbreaker
  • When under the effect of Perfect Balance, now grants Opo-opo Chakra even when missing a target.
Four-point Fury
  • When under the effect of Perfect Balance, now grants Coeurl Chakra even when missing a target.
Shadow of the Destroyer
  • When under the effect of Perfect Balance, now grants Raptor Chakra even when missing a target.
Elixir Field
  • Now grants Lunar Nadi and Formless Fist even when missing a target.
Flint Strike
  • Now grants Solar Nadi and Formless Fist even when missing a target.
Rising Phoenix
  • Now grants Solar Nadi and Formless Fist even when missing a target.

Dragoon

Wyrmwind
  • Thrust Potency has been increased from 370 to 420.
Geirskogul
  • Potency has been increased from 250 to 260.
Nastrond
  • Potency has been increased from 350 to 360.

Ninja

Raiton
  • The status effect granted upon execution has been changed from "Forked Raiju Ready" to "Raiju Ready."
  • The status effect duration has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
Bunshin
  • The Phantom Kamaitachi Ready status effect no longer expires when the effect of Bunshin ends.
  • This action now changes to Phantom Kamaitachi upon execution.
  • The Phantom Kamaitachi Ready status effect now has a duration of 45 seconds.
Phantom Kamaitachi
  • Execution no longer consumes a stack of Bunshin.
  • Increase to Ninki Gauge has been changed from 5 to 10.
  • Prior to Patch 6.05, both the execution of Phantom Kamaitachi and the effect of Bunshin increased the Ninki Gauge by 5, resulting in a total increase of 10. The above adjustment ensures this increase to the Ninki Gauge remains unchanged when executing Phantom Kamaitachi.
Forked Raiju
  • Potency has been increased from 400 to 560.
  • The additional effect "Grants Fleeting Raiju Ready" has been removed.
  • The requirement for execution has been changed from "while under the effect of Forked Raiju Ready" to "while under the effect of Raiju Ready."
Fleeting Raiju
  • Players will no longer rush target upon execution.
  • Range has been reduced from 20 yalms to 3 yalms.
  • Potency has been increased from 450 to 560.
  • The requirement for execution has been changed from "while under the effect of Fleeting Raiju Ready" to "while under the effect of Raiju Ready."
  • Can now be set to the Hotbar.

Samurai
Higanbana
  • Range has been increased from 3 yalms to 6 yalms.
Kaeshi: Higanbana
Midare Setsugekka
Kaeshi: Setsugekka

Reaper
Arcane Crest
  • Cure potency of the Crest of Time Returned effect has been reduced from 100 to 50.

Dancer

Standard Finish
  • Action category has been changed from ability to weaponskill.
Technical Finish
Tillana

Summoner

Fountain of Fire
  • Potency has been increased from 430 to 520.
Brand of Purgatory
  • Potency has been increased from 180 to 240.

Scholar

Fey Union
  • Range has been increased from 15 yalms to 30 yalms.
  • The range within which players must stay has been increased from 15 yalms to 30 yalms.

Top Bottom