• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Shocked that Reaper didn't receive any damage nerfs, just a healing nerf lol
But they did buff Dragoon, so that should narrow the gap a bit.

Anyway, I woke up late so no cashing in on materia for me. Savage Aim X are already down to 30k on my server lmao

YukiOnna

Shocked that Reaper didn't receive any damage nerfs, just a healing nerf lol
But they did buff Dragoon, so that should narrow the gap a bit.

Anyway, I woke up late so no cashing in on materia for me. Savage Aim X are already down to 30k on my server lmao
I got to sell just one at a high price lmao. Rest I saved.
tomestone mats were selling like crazy so I made money there.

Just realized that the 'new' crafted gear is actually recolored Stormblood PvP gear that was already dyeable, and the only difference is that the metals are bronze instead of silver.

I guess they're running out of gearsets to recycle because this is actually the second recycled PvP set in Endwalker (crafted 86 is Heavensward PvP gear).

...but hey, at least it's better than recycling gatherer gear as combat gear like they did in Shadowbringers lmao. I'll never get over the fact that they thought this set was acceptable for combat:
195280979d2cc84d5c1dec84f3caa5d2068bceae.jpg

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Didn‘t they already have one of these? I own the previous one. I am kinda dumb when it comes to technology so how is this exactly different/improved from before?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
What are y'alls thoughts on getting an apartment? I have a room in the FC I joined, but I'd kind of like to have my own place. Google search says its about 500k which I can afford (as opposed to millions for a house). Just wondering if there's any drawbacks.

Didn‘t they already have one of these? I own the previous one. I am kinda dumb when it comes to technology so how is this exactly different/improved from before?
I remember the soundbar they had with XIV branding, but I thought this was new?
What are y'alls thoughts on getting an apartment? I have a room in the FC I joined, but I'd kind of like to have my own place. Google search says its about 500k which I can afford (as opposed to millions for a house). Just wondering if there's any drawbacks.
The only drawbacks are that it's only one room and there is no personal yard to decorate. Otherwise, having an apartment is honestly superior to owning a home in-game, because apartments don't have a 45-day demolition timer so you can take a break from the game as long as you like and it'll still be there when you return.

6.08 will be a balance patch, but Reaper isn't getting nerfed. Instead, other dps jobs will be buffed to close the gap

On a related note, I've been playing around with Monk and having a lot of fun with it now that most of the positionals are gone. I've always been intrigued by the job but hitting the positionals optimally was just too much to get used to, so I would level it to max and not touch it until next expansion every time lol

Last edited:

YukiOnna

6.08 will be a balance patch, but Reaper isn't getting nerfed. Instead, other dps jobs will be buffed to close the gap

On a related note, I've been playing around with Monk and having a lot of fun with it now that most of the positionals are gone. I've always been intrigued by the job but hitting the positionals optimally was just too much to get used to, so I would level it to max and not touch it until next expansion every time lol

Our job as SAM is to do damage so it makes sense since RPR outdo us with less of a trade off in how busy the rotation can be. I hope he's indicating that we're getting our hotbar cleaned up further down the line.

YukiOnna

- Oceania Data Centers open Jan 25th; Home World Transfer will be open following day
- Data Center Travel will be during 6.1x; Limited to Regional and Cross-Regional is still under-consideration due to factors like economy and values
- Japanese Data Center will add one more logical data center and increase login by 50K+ starting July 2022
- NA will add new data center w/ 4 worlds Aug 2022; 4 additional worlds added to new data center Spring or Summer 2023
- 7.0 will have another major upgrade for NA
- EU will have two new worlds added to existing data centers July 2022; a new DC w/ 8 new worlds in Summer 2023
- 4th DC is being planned
- Digital Sales resume Jan 25th; Free Trial will be a bit later; they may suspend it again if congestion continues wvnative wvnative
- More Job Adjustments in the works, more new content for 6.x, 7.0 (shocking) in the works. Announcements coming end of Feb on next PLL

Kumomeme

- Oceania Data Centers open Jan 25th; Home World Transfer will be open following day
- Data Center Travel will be during 6.1x; Limited to Regional and Cross-Regional is still under-consideration due to factors like economy and values
- Japanese Data Center will add one more logical data center and increase login by 50K+ starting July 2022
- NA will add new data center w/ 4 worlds Aug 2022; 4 additional worlds added to new data center Spring or Summer 2023
- EU will have two new worlds added to existing data centers July 2022; a new DC w/ 8 new worlds in Summer 2023
- Digital Sales resume Jan 25th; Free Trial will be a bit later; they may suspend it again if congestion continues wvnative wvnative
- More Job Adjustments in the works, more new content for 6.x, 7.0 (shocking) in the works. Announcements coming end of Feb on next PLL
hopefully current global pandemic situation would not escalated and affected all this plan.

wvnative

Good to know, getting through my backlog but gonna start this bad boy as soon as I'm finished.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Made it to Eulmore... I was kind of let down. I don't know what I was expecting but it's kind if not that interesting. Just a strip club and bars.

Potency buffs look really nice across the board. Wish I could play around with them myself but I'm unsubbed at the moment. Been playing ESO while I wait for 6.1 actually lol

Also, the Omega F and M outfits are now on sale for $12 each but they are one-pieces and undyeable.

I always found it funny how an unused Amano design from FFXI ended up as an XIV boss... and now you can pay real money to wear it lmao

Hidden patch notes: Slenderman has been added to the game

FJ9NOlCXEA4JjCS

Last edited:
almost got my BLM to 90, and I'm still not sure what the ideal BLM rotation is. anyone got a good pointer? also, got a friend who moved over to OCE and I might make a new character there to play with him a little.

kinda funny hearing his experience there since the culture is so different than the NA servers with a pretty big population of players from Asia. people mostly would hang around after a duty/roulette and say their goodbyes, comm other players and what not instead of leaving right away. and whenever someone level up everyone would say congrats. I understand these are all minor things in different parts of the world, but sometimes I do wish the NA culture can be a little more like that. kinda reminds me of the early days of FFXI when it was first released. back then JP players would actively help the NA first timers to farm items for the subjob quest. they would also try to communicate with the NA players via the auto-translate function. but after a few months you start to see "JP only" in party shouts and they slowly just distant themselves from the NA players. different mindset and culture would do that I suppose.

YukiOnna

Next Live Letter confirmed for Feb 18th:

Show Details​

• Newfound Futures: The Next 10 Years of FFXIV
  • Endwalker Q&A

How to Submit Questions​

Prior to the live stream, questions will be accepted in the designated thread on the official forums.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Beat the Nier raid. Just like Nier automata I have no idea what the story was about. Nice commentary on blame culture though

YukiOnna

Holy shit
Toto-rak getting rid of Heavy Effect
Westwind, The hardest Trial, 8 player is going and being remade as a solo instance
Prae and Castrum are becoming 4 player. Ultima and Lahabread will be adjusted

Last edited:

YukiOnna

How widespread? Probably just improved textures?
They're doing it in phases. There will be a 2nd and 3rd graphical upgrade to follow and he mentioned assets, animations, lighting etc will be touched just can't be done all at once.

For 7.0 in broad strokes:
unknown.png

- Throughout the 11 years, there are an unimaginable amount of graphic resources created, and doing everything is impossible, so they are going to do it level by level
- Can expect more complex emotes with the animation update
- PS4 Ver will get more optimization

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Some people upset at ps4 still being supported but what are they supposed to do? Almost every company is still making a ps4 version because ps4 has over a hundred million customers. PS5 has not even a fifth of that, people still cant buy it. And on the pc side gpu prices are still wack.

YukiOnna

Some people upset at ps4 still being supported but what are they supposed to do? Almost every company is still making a ps4 version because ps4 has over a hundred million customers. PS5 has not even a fifth of that, people still cant buy it. And on the pc side gpu prices are still wack.
It would be suicide to drop PS4 right now lol. And they don't need to drop PS4 for the graphics upgrade.

Top Bottom