• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV - PS5 Update Performance And Loading Screen Gameplay

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The PlayStation 5 upgrade for FFXIV has finally arrived with patch 5.5 and brought a whole bunch of new updates including higher UI resolutions and a major framerate bump from the PS4 version. We decided to take a look at how everything runs by checking out a few notorious areas for framerate problems and getting into a few fights.

00:00 Intro and Fighting Capering Pixie
01:18 Fighting Necropsyche
04:16 Checking Out the Gold Saucer Area
05:51 Returning to Eulmore
07:07 Checking out Limsa Lomnisa Lower Decks
08:56 Flying around with Rathalos

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I can't even play this at the moment, can't login
Says my password is wrong and if I try to reset it it says my email is not associated with an Square Enix account 😐

vkbest

The framerate on this native port is much worse than PS4 version played on PS5. Im not talking about this video, I tested yesterday. Both version at 1080p, PS4 version was locked 60fps on Limsa, PS5 version was dropping 45-55fps on the same area and same time

Last edited:

XJF

I can't even play this at the moment, can't login
Says my password is wrong and if I try to reset it it says my email is not associated with an Square Enix account 😐
Same thing happened to me in December. When I made the account the first letter of my email was capitalized and Support said their system is case sensitive. I have a shortcut in my phone to autopopulate my email and it doesn't have first letter capitalized. That was my problem.

blackjon24

The framerate on this native port is much worse than PS4 version played on PS5. Im not talking about this video, I tested yesterday. Both version at 1080p, PS4 version was locked 60fps on Limsa, PS5 version was dropping 45-55fps on the same area and same time

it is terrible, I brought this up to the ff14 subreddit and I got downvoted to hell with most of them saying it’s only in beta.

I guess it is but shouldn’t we be concerned with these performances?

Trogdor1123

Have they fixed how accounts are handled for this? I tried the demo a million years ago and tried to get it again but I couldn't log in due to some kind of stupid account issue as I upgraded to a PS4 pro in between. I assume they have actually fixed this given the few years but have no actual idea.

Sygma

I mean I got a 2080ti and getting 60 fps at Limsa on patch day is not happening. That or places where new quest givers are at, forget it entirely lol. How is it looking in Bozja tho ? or in instances / alliance raid ?

Last edited:

@gkTH

Unfortunately I'm still on PS4 Free Trial and regret its game data for start over on PS5.
Tried a little and very like clearer UI, others are same as PS4 version.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Same thing happened to me in December. When I made the account the first letter of my email was capitalized and Support said their system is case sensitive. I have a shortcut in my phone to autopopulate my email and it doesn't have first letter capitalized. That was my problem.
I'll try this thanks

That work, thank you XJF XJF

Last edited:

vkbest

I mean I got a 2080ti and getting 60 fps at Limsa on patch day is not happening. That or places where new quest givers are at, forget it entirely lol. How is it looking in Bozja tho ? or in instances / alliance raid ?

But I tested yesterday, both version, PS4 on PS5 was 60fps locked on Limsa. PS5 drops 10-15 FPS at min. I have both installed. It’s possible on FullHD tv the menu for choosing resolution is not working, and the game is running at 1440p always, because every mode is running at same framerate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom