• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

mess around with the benchmark a little, runs great and smooth. got 21141 at the end, pretty happy with it. also tried making a bunny boy and honestly I didn't think they can make a more anime pretty boy look than the cat boys, but here we are. really looking forward to the game come Nov.

Valonquar

3OvpFxQ.jpg

RTX 2070 borderless windowed with all settings maximum. I guess I can wait out this whole GPU shitshow since I just play an older MMO.

Celcius

°Temp. member
It feels like they've sped up the loading times compared to the last time I played (PC)... probably as a result of the optimizations they've added for PS5
Also, I just completed the 3rd Nier raid. Half the time there was so much stuff happening on screen that it was hard to tel what was happening but a win is a win lol.

Kumomeme

lmao even digital version is 'sold out'. yoshi-p gonna get crazy over this

even servers is congested lol

cefe3irdjpa71.png

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The new job gear looks like lazy HW job gear reskins. Oh well. That's what glamour is for.

Only one I really like is maybe Gunbreaker.

running the benchmark on the same resolution but different mode (while all other settings are the same) yields rather different score for me. in Windowed and Full Screen, I get around 17000, but Borderless Windowed gives 21000. that's fine for me thou since that's what I usually play in anyway.

YukiOnna

cefe3irdjpa71.png
Serial code generating should be no problem, but every server congested is hilarious.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just got my avg ilvl to 500 :)
My dragoon lance is only ilvl 480 though. Is there a relatively easy way to get a better weapon, other than saving up and buying one on the market board for $100k+ or otherwise going through all of the eden raid -> mowen token stuff? Perhaps being able to just trade in tomes from the daily roulettes somewhere?

Last edited:
Just got my avg ilvl to 500 :)
My dragoon lance is only ilvl 480 though. Is there a relatively easy way to get a better weapon, other than saving up and buying one on the market board for $100k+ or otherwise going through all of the eden raid -> mowen token stuff? Perhaps being able to just trade in tomes from the daily roulettes somewhere?

if you don't mind putting some elbow grease to it, the first 3 steps of the current relic weapon is pretty easy to do and get you a ilvl 500 weapon for your job. hell, you would get it on the 2nd step, the 3rd step is only for the glow anyway.

cefe3irdjpa71.png
Time to reopen the NA East servers, Yoshi-P...

....please...

Celcius

°Temp. member
if you don't mind putting some elbow grease to it, the first 3 steps of the current relic weapon is pretty easy to do and get you a ilvl 500 weapon for your job. hell, you would get it on the 2nd step, the 3rd step is only for the glow anyway.

Unless I'm just not understanding, these requirements seem insane lol
All of that just for a weapon?

*laughs in ARR relic*

Seriously though, this is by far the easiest grind for a relic weapon in the game. Having said that: it is completely unnecessary to get one for most players. The main purpose relic weapons serve are A. glamour (they usually have special visual effects) and B. a time sink.

Just buy a HQ510 weapon off of the marketboard since they should be dirt cheap (100kish) by now, and then trade it in for a 520 at Eulmore. You'll need like 500 Allegory tomes as well.

Last edited:

well, like I said, just the first 2 steps if all you want is an ilvl 500 weapon. honestly not bad as far as grinds go. other wise you can try one of the extreme trials I guess. Seat of Sacrifice EX drops 495 weapons and only require ilvl 480. the next up is Castrum Marinum EX, which drops 515 weapons, but require ilvl 500.

edit: I guess you can also run Eden's Verse Refulgence savage to get the ilvl 505 weapon drops, but that would probably be even harder than the trials, and require you to finish the 7 savage fights before that one.

Last edited:

Valonquar

UIy4X1K.jpg

All relic weapons was easy peasy. The relic crafter\gather tools was a super tedious grind, but not at all difficult. Getting the full set of dyeable armor upgrades from DR Savage was some work tho.

Also fuck the devs that didn't make the last BLU weap purple.

Last edited:

royox

Really liking Gunbreaker.

Most fun I had playing tank in an MMO since I was a Jedi Knight in SWTOR. The Continuation combo is SO FUN at lvl80 when you have to mix in it all your out GCD skills for maximum damage.
NO MERCY-1-CONTINUATION-BLASTING ZONE-2-CONTINUATION-AOE dot-3-CONTINUATION-Single DOT-explosion-explosion-cartidge-explosion-explosion.

All I hear while tanking is BOOM BOOM BOOM.

And they say "hurr durr FFXIV slow with 2.4s GCD"

I'm an omnitank but GNB is the only one I don't like. Continuation reminds me too much of Stormblood DRK Dark Arts spam, which is something I REALLY hated lol. It also feels like crap when I have to move the boss in the middle of my DPS window. Reminds me of this meme
6uex50aadp151.png

But yeah, I have to admit it feels weird letting my sub lapse when the game's popularity is on an upsurge. I don't think I'm going to resub for Make It Rain either, because I've been over 9m MGP for years lol
Edit: on second thought, Make It Rain has the new Vexed emote (which will come in handy, I'm sure) so maybe I'll have to resub at the very end of the event so my sub will overlap with two events.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Whats generally a good number of mobs to pull as a tank?

I have no problems with bosses but with dungeons I sometimes feel sub-optimal.

I feel generally speaking, if the healer seems up to it and you think you can handle it, you can probably pull 2 to 3 groups at a time. worst comes to worst just pop your "oh shit" button and don't pull that much in the rest of the dungeon.

Fuz

Banned
Don't listen to backseat tanks in the group complaining.
Oh, I almost forgot how much of a pieces of shit can the groups be when you tank.

"LOL MY MAIN IS TANK AND I PULL 36 GROUPS LOL WHY U PULL ONLY 3 STOP WASTING MY TIME SCRUB"
I would headbutt those nerdy, pasty little faces so hard if I had the occasion.

Sub_Level Sub_Level Pull whatever you feel comfortable with.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Heavensward Dark Knight was peak tank for me. So many abilities to use, the class played like a DPS, and abyssal drain was a spell you could cast on demand as long as you had MP. Then Stormblood happened and ripped it apart.

I main Gunbreaker these days and it’s funny that essentially, it feels like a DPS but in tank form, giving me a little bit of the flavor I had with OG Dark Knight. Doesn’t have sustain worth a damn though, I am hoping Shadowbringers gives them more than Brutal Shell and Aurora. I would explode with excitement if they got something even remotely close to Warrior’s Nascent Flash.

was playing earlier and notice that a message pop up when I was switching zones, telling me that the Novice Network channel is full and I can't join in. so many new sprouts that the channel is actually full :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Celcius

°Temp. member
It's always such a good feeling when you load into a dungeon and then a jammin song comes on and then you just know it's going to be a fun time :messenger_sunglasses:

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Hey guys! Used to play FFXIV some time ago, and was wondering if the free company is still around? (Arya Lightbringer - Ultros (server)) Thanks!

Hey guys! Used to play FFXIV some time ago, and was wondering if the free company is still around? (Arya Lightbringer - Ultros (server)) Thanks!

I'm not too sure about the GAF FC, but if you don't mind a kinda dead FC with only me and maybe another person from time to time for the moment (we do have a large FC house thou), let me know.

I'm surprised the Gold Saucer isn't having any congestion issues with the deluge of new players + Make It Rain. I remember when it first launched back in 2.51, it would often tell me it was too congested to travel to lol. I guess they made improvements over the years!

Edit: oh, seems I was a bit premature. I just searched in Twitter "gold saucer congested" and got several results from the past few hours. Good luck to those farming MGP!

Protip: Do Chocobo Racing + Breeding for best payout over time. Once you get a near-perfect bird (which requires some time and effort), you can basically AFK/autopilot entire races for an easy 2k+ MGP every few minutes. That's how I grinded for my Sabotender mount back when it came out.

And make sure you have at least 200k MGP when Make It Rain ends, so you can easily buy the Regalia mount when the FFXV event has its rerun (if you don't have it already, of course)

Last edited:

royox

In lvl80 dungeons, from wall to wall. Before, try to go pull by pull and when you feel confy try 2 pulls at once, usually more is suicide in under max lvl content if you are leveling up.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Finished 5.3 yesterday. What a great journey. I might just like Shadowbringers story arc more than Dragonsong War. Both were excellent.

I'll take a level 80 dungeon over a level 60 dungeon any day, thats for sure.

Top Bottom