• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

YukiOnna

From Miuna in the FFXIV Discord
Hey everyone. Hope you all are hyped for 6.0 after that job action trailer! Today we bring you a short summary of what YoshiP said about inventory space (and why they are not expanding it) during the server stress test held on the japanese DC Mana on the 27th of August.

The stress test asked all available players to queue for the same content at the same time. This lead to long queue times if someone from Pandaemonium (a server on Mana) was queued up with you. The reason given was that zoning into instances (and/or hopping between servers) requires the server to handle all the char data for each request. The more items you have in your inventory, the larger the data to handle. Since the players on Pandaemonium apparently all had fully packed inventories, this data handling led to a bottle neck. Anyone who got matched with someone from Pandaemonium was slowed down in their queue by this process. Players from Pandaemonium couldn't get into the instance, but they also couldn't leave it without longer waiting times. If they increased the inventory space this data would be even larger. YoshiP emphasizes that it is very important for them to handle the char/inventory data with extra care so nothing gets lost/bugs during the transfer between zones. They want to increase the inventory space at some point, but in order to do so they would have to optimise servers which will take time.
Source:

Fuz

Banned
Might be a stupid question but is there a way to check my current MGP without having to resub?

Might be a stupid question but is there a way to check my current MGP without having to resub?
Look up your character on the Lodestone. All your currencies should be visible unless you set your profile to private
0GeoCyK.png

Last edited:

Azzurri

Installed FFXIVLauncher and some plugins. Man the Combo plugin is such a QoL plugin that helps reduce button bloat.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Did my first raid today. It was confusing at first but everyone was patient. It was pretty epic overall tho

Kumomeme

we got new sprouts! guess who?

translation via google translate: Mattsu has come
i guess thats Yasumi Matsuno?

translation via google translate: It was a lecture time while sharing Mr. Sakaguchi's game screen with zoom and talking about "That button in the config" or "To the left of the map".

I think you managed to master the basic operations (laughs).

so Yasumi Matsuno teach him how to play

translation via google translate: Carpool on a mattsu chocobo. Thank you for your support.

he play trial account on steam.
he also has trouble buying the game lol

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Making another limited job seems like a bad move unless they can queue into content as a DPS. The essay above is cute but ingame does suggest that the story arc was hastily concluded in return for making a fight against Varis.

Kumomeme

our boi already reach lv40, get chocobo and clear Totorak

Matsuno helping him as healer

via google translate: Costume design for FF14 seems to be possible. But if I do it, I don't get it even if I want Mattsu, I want to go beyond this. The hurdle is quite high.
itseems he want to do more than costume design.

Last edited:
New actions have been leaked (as is tradition)

Only read through WAR so far but i'm liking what I'm seeing

Edit: I don't think I'll be playing DRK much this expansion lol

Also, I would post the leak but it's a Reddit link and they're automatically embedded on GAF. I don't want to accidentally spoil anyone so yeah

Last edited:

YukiOnna

New actions have been leaked (as is tradition)

Only read through WAR so far but i'm liking what I'm seeing

Edit: I don't think I'll be playing DRK much this expansion lol

Also, I would post the leak but it's a Reddit link and they're automatically embedded on GAF. I don't want to accidentally spoil anyone so yeah
Appreciate you not posting it here haha.

Looks like the leaker stopped short of the DPS job actions because apparently the UI was watermarked? lol

I guess it's about time that SE took SOME kind of measure to prevent against expansion leaks. As I mentioned earlier, leaks from the Media Tours are tradition at this point. But yeah... good luck to the leaker lol

Valonquar

1141/1180 fish caught. Got gold ilvl 500 rod from achievement... Weeeeeee. These last 39 fish have insane requirements. At least one has a window that only pops every 10 RL days....

Endwalker Media Tour embargo has ended and all your favorite (and not-so-favorite) YouTubers have a bunch of new videos to watch

Can't wait for this beautiful title screen to replace the HOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE RIDIING HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tbh I'm too lazy to link all the Media Tour participants so I'm just going to play favorites and link MTQCapture because her videos are short and sweet

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Endwalker Media Tour embargo has ended and all your favorite (and not-so-favorite) YouTubers have a bunch of new videos to watch

Can't wait for this beautiful title screen to replace the HOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE RIDIING HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tbh I'm too lazy to link all the Media Tour participants so I'm just going to play favorites and link MTQCapture because her videos are short and sweet

Are interviews up yet?

YukiOnna

NVM they are. Cool.

Last edited:
Ah good the only one worth watching. Well I like Xeno too but the others can go away.

I think the one from Meoni and Jesse Cox are both pretty good too. of course, it depends on what you're looking for.

btw, is there anyway to gift something from the Mog Station to someone else in game? I have a friend who's birthday is coming up and I want to get something for him.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think the one from Meoni and Jesse Cox are both pretty good too. of course, it depends on what you're looking for.
Larry shows the skills in action and explains them in a fun concise way. A lot of other streamers just draaaaag on. So much talking.

Might check them out but Larry pretty much covers everything you need to know. And he is authentic especially when it comes to Summoner.

Larry shows the skills in action and explains them in a fun concise way. A lot of other streamers just draaaaag on. So much talking.

Might check them out but Larry pretty much covers everything you need to know. And he is authentic especially when it comes to Summoner.

I do want to point out that I'm more talking about the interview with Yoshi P. and not so much about the job change videos themselves. but yeah, Larry's job videos are top notch.

YukiOnna

For me, in terms of raid guides and analysis on the game mrhappy and MTQ are the best at it. Job stuff is "I have to try it" kind of thing.

Kumomeme

Sakaguchi about halfway through HW and he says he's enjoying the story

he progressed faster than expected. i guess it not even a month? and base on his twitter post, itseems he been playing quite alot non-stop. having the creator of the franchise itself playing and enjoying the game that much kind of like a 'seal of approval' over the game. Yoshida must be very proud.

at this rate he might reach Shadowbringers faster than we expected. can wait to see the real Warrior of Light vs Warrior of Light Elidibus. he even wearing the same headger all the times now.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

he progressed faster than expected. i guess it not even a month? and base on his twitter post, itseems he been playing quite alot non-stop. having the creator of the franchise itself playing and enjoying the game that much kind of like a 'seal of approval' over the game. Yoshida must be very proud.

at this rate he might reach Shadowbringers faster than we expected. can wait to see the real Warrior of Light vs Warrior of Light Elidibus. he even wearing the same headger all the times now.
It's only been 2 weeks, yeah. He's going to be caught up before Endwalker.

Top Bottom