• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
This game has ruined me. Jesus christ I don't think Square Enix has it in them to top this game. It's without a doubt my favorite FF and I haven't even beaten it (just passed major turning point in Dragonsong)

- Best cast of characters. There are so many memorable characters in this. Almost too many. Even the villains are great, something FF has been lacking lately. My favorites are Tataru, Aymeric, Raubaum, Yshtola, and Cid. Somehow the game makes you care about so many great characters.

- Beautiful art direction. While from a technical perspective the game definitely shows its age, the art direction makes up from it. The areas are so larger than life and fantastical

-Great dungeons. I love traversing through them.

-The scale. This game isn't afraid to go ultra bombastic. But it knows when to be quiet too. Great balance of intimate character moments and Godslaying and ancient uber robots. I've seen things in this game I could have never imagined.

I decided to start selling/getting rid of HQ mats since they're basically going to be phased out in EW, and WOW I never realized how much they were bloating my retainer inventories. I actually have space again! Hallelujah!

Also working on cleaning out my Glamour Dresser for new Endwalker glams but that's been much more difficult. So many good glams...

NecrosaroIII

Shadowbringers sure does taking the piss out of Alphanaud.

"Frankly Alphy, this ain't our fight."

Fuz

Banned
I've been wanting to come back to the game, but every time I'm almost clicking the subscribe button I think back to my daily routine farming and... ugh...

NecrosaroIII

Is there something going on. Today? Tried logging in and there are 780 people in the que

Kumomeme

apparently Babylon Fall's closed beta test 'borrowed' FFXIV's gear and emote

"When I gave my Babylon's Fall presentation at a company meeting, Final Fantasy 14 producer and director Naoki Yoshida was also in attendance and offered his help, to which I replied, 'Yes, please!' " Saito said.

"This is how the plan came to fruition. We then carefully implemented the data while closely coordinating with the Final Fantasy 14 team."

"When I first heard Mr. Saito's plan for Babylon's Fall, I thought to myself, 'Ahh, so he's making a hardcore action-based hack-and-slash game. I'm kind of jealous,' " Yoshida said.

NecrosaroIII

Been playing though the Return to Ivalice Raids.

Im thinking that the Ivalice from FF12 and FFT is on a seperate Hydalyn shard. One that is closely related to 14s main world. There are elements that are close together but not quite right... that or they were just fucking around and having fun.

as someone who's in his 40s, I feel somewhat called out by this pic I found on the XIV reddit. even more than most would since I'm also a Lala and has that mount :messenger_tears_of_joy:

q76AiNJ.png

NecrosaroIII

I'm at the end of the Omega arc. Christ guys. The scale of the SIDE QUESTS are at the scale of most FFs. This up coming fight would be a final boss fight in another game

Kumomeme

there is update on upcoming Endwalker release. it seems we might expect huge congestion issue. they expecting higher que number than before. new world also is delayed. priority login also will be given to those who has full game. so this resulted that free trial player might experienced longer que time. also expect error 2002 when login happened.

other than that, more instance area added and expect congestion when entered those area too. the 30 minute auto log out features is being improved too.

1f70135439286fa66209cd21c10e73ebb986a6ee_0.png

* “Visit Another World Server” will automatically choose a less-crowded World within the same Data Center as your character’s Home World. Note that during peak congestion times, such as the Early Access period, you may experience login queues even when using this feature.

atleast now we can login to less busy world as alternative.

Last edited:
Aether queues are going to be a nightmare.

Thankfully, I'm on Primal so hopefully it won't be as bad. Just gotta make sure I'm up and logging in the moment the servers go up...

Replayed the Omega series yesterday. I can't believe how badly I originally misinterpreted the ending... I must have been half asleep when I first completed it years ago. For some reason I thought the Omega toy that was traveling with Alpha was another Omega construct, like Alpha himself... but nope, it's literally just a toy lmao. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part.

But anyway, on the subject of Omega: between the benchmark showing a new Omega-like enemy, Ishikawa's recommendation to replay the Omega raid, and now the Level Checker mount... I'm beginning to think Omega plays an important role in Endwalker, guys 😜

Edit: Another mount preview from Instagram:

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Are y'all excited?!

Been slowly working my way up to having all jobs to 80. Everyone (outside of BLU) is now 70+ for Combat and all but two are 70+ for crafting. Should get another crafter to 80 today.

Going to grind out Sage to 80 as soon as Friday rolls around.

YukiOnna

Are y'all excited?!

Been slowly working my way up to having all jobs to 80. Everyone (outside of BLU) is now 70+ for Combat and all but two are 70+ for crafting. Should get another crafter to 80 today.

Going to grind out Sage to 80 as soon as Friday rolls around.
I'm excited but since I'm waiting till launch and not Early Access I hope everything is sorted out in that period in regards to server congestion...

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I'm excited but since I'm waiting till launch and not Early Access I hope everything is sorted out in that period in regards to server congestion...

I always use Early Access to level new jobs. THat way I can avoid the "congestion" of possibly bugged instances in the new zones. At least it worked for SHB and SB. Never had to worry about Raubahn extreme :D

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I always use Early Access to level new jobs. THat way I can avoid the "congestion" of possibly bugged instances in the new zones. At least it worked for SHB and SB. Never had to worry about Raubahn extreme :D
Smart. I have Wondrous Tails, tons of sidequests I never did from HW to ShB and Bozja Warfront you can do to steamroll to 80. Probably won't touch Endwalker content for like a week so all the hoo hah dies down. And if I want to queue for dungeons and whatnot and I can do that with my Private FC for quick queues. It's all non-instanced stuff so the PVE should be rather smooth.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Smart. I have Wondrous Tails, tons of sidequests I never did from HW to ShB and Bozja Warfront you can do to steamroll to 80. Probably won't touch Endwalker content for like a week so all the hoo hah dies down. And if I want to queue for dungeons and whatnot and I can do that with my Private FC for quick queues. It's all non-instanced stuff so the PVE should be rather smooth.

Yep, got my WT ready with another home hopefully available immediatley after. WT + Pixies + (possible 2nd WT) + Dungeons. That will get me to 80 pretty quickly for Sage. For Reaper I will probably just do Bozja Grinding.

My goal is to become one of the best Sages/general healers on Gilgamesh.

Kumomeme

log in yesterday. i see tons of people extract materia/desynth their belt lol hahaha

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Sucks. I'm going out of town for a month starting this weekend and wont be able to play until January

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yep, got my WT ready with another home hopefully available immediatley after. WT + Pixies + (possible 2nd WT) + Dungeons. That will get me to 80 pretty quickly for Sage. For Reaper I will probably just do Bozja Grinding.

My goal is to become one of the best Sages/general healers on Gilgamesh.
Gonna be a dedicated Reaper main myself. Smn and Sage as subs.

Gonna try and collect every Reaper Scythe in the game.

I probably won't do Savage/Extreme content at launch due to work schedules not lining up with friends/players. I'm gonna want to run all the old content first.

Sage looks pretty hype.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
They actually made DRK worse in the final build.

They nerfed their own shitty ass trait and tied Abyssal Drain and CnS to the same recast. Unbelievable.

NecrosaroIII

Haven't had a chance to dig into the patch notes. Anything significant happening to Machinist?

nikos

This release sort of crept up on me, so I resubbed yesterday and caught up with the MSQ. Luckily only had to do about five quests, as I played a bit when the last NieR content dropped. I'm really excited to get into FFXIV again. Everything I'm seeing about Endwalker is looking good.

Wonder if we'll see any graphical improvements with this release. Wish we'd at least get proper anti-aliasing.

YukiOnna

This release sort of crept up on me, so I resubbed yesterday and caught up with the MSQ. Luckily only had to do about five quests, as I played a bit when the last NieR content dropped. I'm really excited to get into FFXIV again. Everything I'm seeing about Endwalker is looking good.

Wonder if we'll see any graphical improvements with this release. Wish we'd at least get proper anti-aliasing.
Yoshi-P effectively said 7.0 onwards in recent interviews when asked about graphical enhancements. They made more improvements to the engine in regards to system changes though.

nikos

Yoshi-P effectively said 7.0 onwards in recent interviews when asked about graphical enhancements. They made more improvements to the engine in regards to system changes though.

Fair enough. The game still looks great, especially considering it's an MMO.

I logged in the moment it went up, but as usual, it gave me a lobby error lmao

And then the official launcher basically stopped working, so I fell back onto XIVLauncher and now I'm in a a queue of 1100

Xeaker

Experience points previously earned from standard dungeon enemies will now be earned from dungeon bosses.
That sounds bad. Makes it feel pointless and timewaste to kill enemies in dungeon.

FYI if you lose connection or get a lobby error, the game seems to be decent at remembering your spot, so just try again. I was sub-100 when I got a lobby error, but when I logged back in it instantly loaded me into the game

updated the game before going to bed last night. just logged in now while I'm working and the que is not long at all, but that's probably due to the time of day. figured I would stay log in to sort out some stuff that they change and avoid log in issues later on when I play after work.

also, do we need to change the thread title or start a new one?

Top Bottom