• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Me and my wife play on Adamantoise as well. What’s your toon name(s)?

Nash latkje. I usually get on around 6pm est.

Update. Just finished lv 20 quests for the gladiator and earlier I got my exp ring from the tutorial figeat.

I should be close to getting into dungeons unless I get absorbed into the gambling lifestyle and waste away in the gold saucer.

See as theirs some Adamantiose love going around, I'm on it too.
Casca Eclipse, send me a friend invite ^^

I'm currently leveling up a Bard and deciding what melee DPS to level next. It's between Ninja, Dragoon, or Samurai. i don't know!

Nice. A fellow Berserk fan. I just added the other GAFer to my buddy list. I'll look for you tonight.

Arkeband

Banned
The few RL friends I have that play FFXIV all play on different servers... on different data centers. :(

Was pretty excited for that feature too.

iammeiam

What's to not like about the idea of spending an in-demand cross role slot on something you may or may not touch depending on how RNG feels? Time to make "BYO Spine Drops or GTFO" parties.

Second half of the post is basically explaining why healer adds are annoying (not party members), and how to target them. I really want to like the healer adds because the way the tether works is cool and attempts to mix up the healer day-to-day are appreciated, but in practice benefic2 bombing is roughly as boring as malefic 3 spamming.

Kemal86

dumb question:

Is it generally accepted that people don't run FATE's in the 2x areas anymore? I only play for a couple months out of the year, so any 'trends' in play I tend to miss.

I was sitting in South Shroud for a couple hours last night wanting to work on FATE's for the Yo-Kai shit. There were twenty million people in Quarrymill but over several hours not one person aside from me went to do any FATE's.

Jayhawk

dumb question:

Is it generally accepted that people don't run FATE's in the 2x areas anymore? I only play for a couple months out of the year, so any 'trends' in play I tend to miss.

I was sitting in South Shroud for a couple hours last night wanting to work on FATE's for the Yo-Kai shit. There were twenty million people in Quarrymill but over several hours not one person aside from me went to do any FATE's.

People are in Quarrymill for potd.

studyguy

Shinryu's back run thing is easily one of the coolest bits in any fight currently. That was one of the things I expected to do initially. Beyond that STILL NO RABANASTRE TANK CHEST fuck me.

Never gonna drop and tank queues for it suck.

dumb question:

Once in a rare while I'll see a Fate Party for the bigger fates or a Party Finder searching for people who want to hint Yokai medals.
Sometimes you'll even manage to gang together with a couple other people who are wandering the same area for fates but that's pretty circumstantial as well.
Can never hurt to try a party finder for it, though.

Nash latkje. I usually get on around 6pm est.

Update. Just finished lv 20 quests for the gladiator and earlier I got my exp ring from the tutorial figeat.

I should be close to getting into dungeons unless I get absorbed into the gambling lifestyle and waste away in the gold saucer.

My toon name is Max Sterling. I’m on here and there as things are really busy lately.

Malakhov

Banned
See as theirs some Adamantiose love going around, I'm on it too.
Casca Eclipse, send me a friend invite ^^

I'm currently leveling up a Bard and deciding what melee DPS to level next. It's between Ninja, Dragoon, or Samurai. i don't know!
My toon name is Max Sterling. I'm on here and there as things are really busy lately.

Will look for you and add you tonight. Rad Shadow added me this morning.

My toon name is And Dhre on adamantoise. Level 30 chocobo riding paladin now.

Ashodin

Wife and I are up to
saving Minfilia and everyone from the Garleans

I just want to know when the fuck do I get to fight one of the Garleans. Really starting to hate them and also admire them for how powerful they seem (the fight between Yda and Livia was hype).

The Werewolf costume is baaaad.

The chest piece is the worst, the texture looks wrong. The fur on the shoulders should be a slightly different colour to the rest of it and it might actually look good.
The Werewolf Tail is nothing but a lie. There is no tail. The tail is on the chest. So if you want the pretty alright wolf tail, you've got to wear the garbage chest piece.

The ears are kinda neat though.

Alfebit

Banned
10 squadron dungeons was too much. I want to die.

N0YSP3p.jpg

Kemal86

Can someone tell me what % done I am with 4.0 MSQ?

I just had my second encounter with Xenos and now we’re about to go find Lord Heim.

I just want to know when the fuck do I get to fight one of the Garleans. Really starting to hate them and also admire them for how powerful they seem (the fight between Yda and Livia was hype).

You’re not too far off. Once the MSQ is level 50 you will go against all the Garleans that were introduced.

Malakhov

Banned
Bought that 4.99$ fantasia phial. Will see if i receive it.

Sucks I cant add my 30 pounds overweight on my human character.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That's just so lame.

Make it guaranteed, a consequence of failing a mechanic, or don't bother at all. I'm not gonna waste GCDs esuna'ing it from several people because lolrng

"I'm not gonna bother doing the mechanic because there's a possibility of it not happening".

Oh, okay.

Omni

"I'm not gonna bother doing the mechanic because there's a possibility of it not happening".

Oh, okay.
Yuuup. I'm a bad healer etc. Don't even have esuna equipped because like four of the five slots are arguably 'mandatory' for healers and the fifth action is extremely useful (In my case that is surecast). If people got it 100% of the time then yes I'd "do the mechanic", begrudgingly - given this game's emphasis on DPS - but as it is... I'll pass thanks.

I like consistency. Having 5 people get paralysis one run, but none the next, is just silly to me. Of course if my static cared enough to speed run Shinryu then sure. But Selene is a thing too so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thorgal

I received the key via email. It's on ebay with more than 1000+ positive comments and it says it is legit, you enter the key through the mog station.

Will try it tomorrow morning

it was prolly someone who bought it and then didnt want it maybe

Yeah I realized after posting that it might be a code.

It's just I didn't even know you could buy those as codes and assumed you could only buy those from mogstation directly.

My bad.

SkyOdin

Just found out about Ventures.

Picked one miner and one botany. Will make another retainer and name it Lu Shang's for my fisher.

Any tips?
I suggest having at least one retainer with a combat class, since they can hunt for enemy loot drops (hides, horns, etc) for you. They also draw from a different pool of quick-venture rewards than DoL retainers.

The long-duration expedition ventures are probably the most efficient method of initially leveling your retainers, but quick ventures give better random rewards once your retainers are properly geared.

I suggest having at least one retainer with a combat class, since they can hunt for enemy loot drops (hides, horns, etc) for you. They also draw from a different pool of quick-venture rewards than DoL retainers.

The long-duration expedition ventures are probably the most efficient method of initially leveling your retainers, but quick ventures give better random rewards once your retainers are properly geared.

Cool thanks. Can I give gear bound to me to my retainers?

Omni

got dat pre-grand cross alpha v4s kill tonight. 10:02 kill time. Should be able to get it under 10 minutes next time. We're literally a minute ahead of the next group on Lamia, haha.

Healer comp is AST/SCH so my dps was a little low (1635) but the SCH did a nice 2125. Both of us lead healer combined dps for all four floors on our server, so I'm happy with that. Very solid. Also now I have orange in every fight while being the "main healer" which was a goal of mine for this tier, just in time for Ultimate next week.
It bothers me to see so many healers offload all the healing to the other person just so they can get a better parse. Nothing skilled about it. My parses can be better but in the majority of cases it's at least an even split with my SCH in terms of healing

HA68P24.png

Top Bottom