• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV- DLSS Option Not Available

Velius

Banned
Guys I just bought Final Fantasy XV on Steam since it's on sale, and I can't enable DLSS. I tried looking it up and people in 2018 said you have to set your monitor to 4k. Is this true? I only have a 1440p monitor, although it says I can go to 2160p.

Part of the reason I wanted to get this was so that I could crank everything up and then put on DLSS and get 120 fps. Can anyone help me? Has anyone experienced this before?

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Guys I just bought Final Fantasy XV on Steam since it's on sale, and I can't enable DLSS. I tried looking it up and people in 2018 said you have to set your monitor to 4k. Is this true? I only have a 1440p monitor, although it says I can go to 2160p.

Part of the reason I wanted to get this was so that I could crank everything up and then put on DLSS and get 120 fps. Can anyone help me? Has anyone experienced this before?

If all else fails try messing with DSR and see if you can get it to Highlight in White, instead of being greyed out.

Hugare

If all else fails try messing with DSR and see if you can get it to Highlight in White, instead of being greyed out.
This

FF XV uses DLSS 1.0, the older version. It only works at 4K resolution, unfortunately.

Bummer, 'cause I really wanted to use DLSS with it but my PC cant handle 4k (rtx 2060)

DSR will solve your problem

Velius

Banned
This

FF XV uses DLSS 1.0, the older version. It only works at 4K resolution, unfortunately.

Bummer, 'cause I really wanted to use DLSS with it but my PC cant handle 4k (rtx 2060)

DSR will solve your problem
This is going to be another dumb question, but how? I'm in the Nvidia control panel right now. DSR was set to 2.00 native, with 33% smoothness. Should I bump it up to 2.25, 3.00 or 4.00?

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Well I tried it, even tried 4.00. I still can't select DLSS. Not sure what to do
Attempt to go to: C:\Users\YourPCUserName\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XV\Steam\76561198004278738

You'll go into Savestorage folder and in the Graphicsconfig file change anti aliasing to either 3 or 4. I heard things change depending on rig, regarding the values, but do not quote me on that.

I hope this helps you out.

Braag

Such a shame Square never updated this game's DLSS, it would benefit greatly from that.
But looking at the state of FFVII Remake on PC, I'm not expecting anything from them.

Kenpachii

Incredible looking game, sadly no dlss 2.0.

Anyway make sure u also download the 60gb or something HD texture patch, which increases draw distances / textures and quality of video's i believe. With some other minor improvements.

Top Bottom