• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Everything we know so far - [Up: Character artwork/descriptions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

I don't know if this has been posted but...

...what is this? I don't know if I'm misreading the proportions/depth of view, but that looks way bigger than those Iron Giants. At first I thought it was a leaping Iron Giant, but it looks like it's standing behind that building, and thus, it's very very large. But otherwise, it looks very similar to the Iron Giants they were fighting.
Yes, that is a massive skyscraper sized Iron Giant, I'm thinking maybe a Summon like Leviathan?

Jubern

As I said earlier, if they are already worried if they can do everything in time, that would imply the release is scheduled for sooner rather than later. A late 2014 release sounds plausible.

That's also what I'm thinking. If anything, it's a good sign that the release isn't TOO far.

Exentryk

Sorry, I'm just thinking about that screenshot. Stella is still from Tenebrae, so ignore my last comment lol.

Still, that white hooded guy from Niflheim confirmed then? :p

Sorry, I'm just thinking about that screenshot. Stella is still from Tenebrae, so ignore my last comment lol.

Still, that white hooded guy from Niflheim confirmed then? :p

He's working with them. He's probably not from there though, since he has the same hair color as Stella and his hood has different insignia than Idola and his crew.

He's probably Stella's brother.

Exentryk

That's also what I'm thinking. If anything, it's a good sign that the release isn't TOO far.

Jubern, you may want to create a new thread with that info. It's hard to find it in these mega threads if you're not looking.

Even though I'll update this one every time, we should still have new threads for new news.

raven777

the asymmetry is Niflheim's concept in general, and thats why what they wear is not symmetrical. This means the hooded guy could be from Niflheim since his clothing is asymmetry, but I agree with others saying he could be Stella's brother.

Exentryk

the asymmetry is Niflheim's concept in general, and thats why what they wear is not symmetrical. This means the hooded guy could be from Niflheim since his clothing is asymmetry, but I agree with others saying he could be Stella's brother.

If that is the case, that would mean this guy isn't from Niflheim.

mVCK1pS.jpg

ZenTzen

New info:

- With the timeframe they're considering for the release of the game, it'll be hard to wrap up the story with the first game;
- There are a lot of male characters, but expect some females ones too besides Stella and the black-haired girl. Expect much more characters than the ones we saw in the latest trailer;

Source: Latest Dengeki Playstation, via http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/29791709.html

well, as long as the story is being developed with a seuqel in mind there shouldnt be a problem, better that than an half assed sequel for a game thats not supposed to have one, and still hoping theres some female party members, we got Cor in this e3 trailer, but i'm hoping more will be revealed later or at least proper confirmation from Nomura

There will be shops (they said how they've even modeled small gas stops with great detail and cities will of course have shops you can go into) and a long time ago Nomura has talked about them testing some complex crowd AIs for cities and such. As far as optional content goes, Nomura has said he doubts anyone will 100% the game on their first playthrough, apparently there's so much to do. Optional content including non-mandatory dungeons, summon battles and such.

It sound so good it must be exageration. I will beleive it when I see it.

KeRaSh

Jubern said:
- With the timeframe they're considering for the release of the game, it'll be hard to wrap up the story with the first game;

It does sound a lot like they are thinking about splitting the story up into multiple games...

Famassu

It does sound a lot like they are thinking about splitting the story up into multiple games...
There will be no splitting. They are saying it'll be hard but they decided to do it. Any additional stories will follow whatever conclusion XV has (say Noctis decides to break the last crystal by the end of XV and that ends his quest to retrieve it, which is the main storyline behind XV, XV-2 could then be about the aftermath of a world without crystals)

Exentryk

I read the FinalFantasy.net article, and it explains it a little better.

Niflheim, a country Noctis and company will come up against in the game, were designed with an asymmetric aesthetic. Their clothes, while mostly white, are different on each side.

And from the screens you posted Raven777, both grumpy guy and hooded man seem like from Niflheim.

EDIT - The grumpy man is not wearing white. So, he may not be from Niflheim. Gah!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
In all honesty I'm perfectly fine with them keeping the end-game party the way it is. I feel it's better to keep narrative cohesion and consistency rather than shoehorning in some female playable character because people complain.

KeRaSh

There will be no splitting. They are saying it'll be hard but they decided to do it. Any additional stories will follow whatever conclusion XV has (say Noctis decides to break the last crystal by the end of XV and that ends his quest to retrieve it, which is the main storyline behind XV, XV-2 could then be about the aftermath of a world without crystals)

I hope so (and I have no reason to believe that won't be the case).
If anything, I'll take it the way you said. We' might get at least one more game that deals with the aftermath of the first game. I wouldn't mind a XV-2 if it means they can keep the time between games shorter. They have put so much time and effort into XV. I think releasing direct sequels with existing assets is alsmost a must to keep the main installments as epic in scale as we want them to be.

I went back and watched the video again after hearing about asymmetry thing.

I circled the part of their clothing that is not symmetrical.

This convinces me that the hooded guy is from Niflheim.

The only thing I couldn't get was the red haired guy, since its too dark to tell his clothing in his part.

Hooded Guy's insignia is way too different from the Niflheim seal, though. He's probably working for them but not part of their royal family or actually from that country.

Exentryk

Hooded Guy's insignia is way too different from the Niflheim seal, though. He's probably working for them but not part of their royal family or actually from that country.

The insignia wasn't clear enough though. But it did look a little different.

Anyhow, we need more evidence to confirm.

What I'm most curious about is how the heck you play this, either its a very automated experience or else a very chaotic one.

Have a look at some gameplay mechanics here. It might answer some questions.

raven777

if you are talking about the white wolf insignia on hooded guy's left arm, I think it could just be symbol of Nifleheim's elite general or something?

The old guy has dragon which is the main symbol of Nifleheim, the hooded guy has white wolf and the old red/purple clothe guy has different animal on his arm (I don't know the name of that animal)

Whompa

- There are a lot of male characters, but expect some females ones too besides Stella and the black-haired girl. Expect much more characters than the ones we saw in the latest trailer;

GREAT! People can stop shit posting now.

KeRaSh

I'm in two minds, I want to dissect the hell out of this game but want to avoid spoilers too :( argh.

Same here. I have a feeling that trying to figure out who belongs where will only spoit it for me so I don't pay attention to that part of the discussion.

One thing I noticed between the two trailers.

The one shown during the PS4 presser had low shadow resolution and slowdowns in one instance, while the trailer released the next day showed the same segment with no slowdowns and high shadow resolution.

Esura

Banned
Lol! That was my first thought as well. Also, Xehanort is Nomura's favourite KH character after all ;]

Seriously? I'm shocked. I would've guessed his favorite character was Riku for how much heaps of love he throws on that character in various entries.

LuuKyK

no we have never seen stella in combat.

Yeah, but that scene where she is holding the rapier and channeling some sort of portal behind her seemed pretty indicative of how she fights/will fight.

Edit: Damn it Exentryk. :p

Edit 2: Looking for images of her, I really cant help but be disappointed at her new look. Old Stella is best Stella. The new one looks just like the Resonance of Fate girl (as many have already pointed out, I am sure).

raven777

Yeah, I thought he'd just say Sora or something. He talked about it in this video. He also likes Ansem as an enemy.

but he says xehanort was his favorite enemy character, not favorite character overall.

He likes Ansem as specific enemy character but overall he likes Xehanort the most because he is the most significant villain in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom