• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI New Trailer Released | Game is releasing on Summer 2023 to PlayStation 5

Draugoth

Gold Member

FUR-5p2X0AkTOsO

• Game is being polished right now
  • Fully playable from start to finish

Today, SQUARE ENIX® announced that FINAL FANTASY® XVI for PlayStation®5 console (“PS5™”) will be released globally summer 2023. Alongside this announcement, the latest trailer for the game, entitled “Dominance”, as well as messages from the Producer and Director, new details of the key development staff, character information, and environmental screenshots have been released.

FUSMd9lWAAwIOF-
FUSMfVmWAAIHKYZ

FUSMf7-WABAK9fH
FUSDxCeX0AI7CnB

Last edited:
Summer 2023 oof

Iffy on the ui. Hope it's a placeholder. I was hoping for something less jarring and more visually subtle yet appealing. Still my most anticipated game right now. Wish we could've seen some open world exploration as well in this trailer but until then I'll still be eagerly awaiting more news.

Okay after seeing the newly released screen shots I'm totally fine with the combat focused trailer. Wow those screens are exactly what I wanted to see thank goodness. LETS GOOOO 2023 HYPE TRAIN BROTHER

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks cool, can't wait but I'll have to

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looks great, you can feel the DMC and Dragon's Dogma influences very much.

I'm in... once it leaves exclusivity. :goog_relieved:

Why did no one tell me Devil Macy Cry 6 was called FFXVI, this looks fucking awesome
Same combat director! If you like DMC I guess you are in for a treat with FFXVI.

Last edited:

squallheart

Mmmm looks alright not too excited for the gameplay but at least Ramuh and Shiva looks cool. So this is pretty much naruto meets final fantasy.

mortal

Gold Member
This looks sick.

It seems like Clive will be the only playable character, or will there be guest party members like FFXV?
The visual presentation looks very solid, and the character models look considerably better than in the first trailer, They have more life and personality now.

Sensei

I'm speechless. Way better than I expected, except for the UI and the release period, which I hoped would've been Q1 2023.
I'm fine with not having an actual party as long as the combat system will be as responsive at it seems.

Nautilus

Banned
This looks great. Better than XV for sure.

For everyone not liking the gameplay: Honestly, hard to know what they are really going for with this trailer.We hardly got new footage for it, and when it was showing it, it was hard to see how it was actually played.It seems though that XVI is ditching party members, which could go either way but considering how trash XV combat was, its a welcoming change.

Wished Square returned to turn based combat, but since I know thats off the table, I'm open minded about this new direction.

Brigandier

Looks fantastic, Can't wait for a proper state of play devoted entirely to it nearer release.

I want to see the TOWNS and world map and more characters!!!

Hope there's a party and not just single player.

Eikons look awesome, Characters and visuals seem better.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The UI will obviously be customizable. I wouldn't worry on that part.

Looks like no party members, but still 10+ months of development left so lets wait and see on that.

still waiting for FFVII Remake Part 2 (which is definitely 2024+ now)

...but BOY did this trailer get me hyped, this game will tide me over

decisions

oh on some freeze frame... there might be some hope for party members...

I think it's easy to read the trailer as hinting that the party members are each of the titans, which now either have humanoid forms or are directly associated with one in some way.

Hugare

Summer 2023 oof

Iffy on the ui. Hope it's a placeholder. I was hoping for something less jarring and more visually subtle yet appealing. Still my most anticipated game right now. Wish we could've seen some open world exploration as well in this trailer but until then I'll still be eagerly awaiting more news.
The floating numbers, especially at 1:05, are hideous

13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 in front of the screen, can't see shit

Creative Business Unity III experience with MMO's is showing for all the wrong reasons on the combat system

Last edited:

Pejo

So Kaiju battles are apparently going to be a much bigger part to this game than I originally thought. Hope it's fun and not just a "Press X to awesome" fest.

I mentioned this in the SoP thread, but it looks like the younger MC character is gone.

Top Bottom