• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI official screenshots + Blog Post

Go_Ly_Dow

Playstation Blogpost

Official Screenshots

52118329769_9e92daaa12_k.jpg

52118076586_618ca49061_k.jpg

52118583545_e505310dd3_k.jpg

52118583565_bcb6731a73_k.jpg

52117052922_5cc607ea94_k.jpg

52117052892_552381ffcf_k.jpg

52118329799_60348381de_k.jpg

52117052862_ece7747a3d_k.jpg

picture_ex_07.jpg

picture_ex_05.jpg

NEx9Ldy.jpg

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Environments and summons look absolutely insane.

But why do the human character models look awful? (Especially hair/faces in the gameplay trailer)

Last edited:
1. Last screenshot looks like Insomnia Crystal Room

2. Game looks visually great, however….

3. I need confirmation that this has CG cinematics just like prior FF’s. But given the fact that this is from the director of The Last Remnant I don’t have hope

4. Clive could not look more uninteresting

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can't wait for this game to literally set my PS5 on fire

Fbh

Looks nice, really like the art direction on this one

3. I need confirmation that this has CG cinematics just like prior FF’s. But given the fact that this is from the director of The Last Remnant I don’t have hope

Oh didn't know that. Now it makes sense why I like it so much.
I really liked the cities in The Last Remnant.

Synless

Is that main guy different? He was a scrawny shit in the first trailer. The guy in the shots looks like that other dude with that tatted face.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is that main guy different? He was a scrawny shit in the first trailer. The guy in the shots looks like that other dude with that tatted face.
time skip

Elysion

Banned
The blog post really makes it sound as if Clive is the only character we play in the game. No party whatsoever. I really hope that’s not true; a FF game without a party is simply unacceptable. It’s bad enough that the other party members in FF15 weren’t directly playable outside of the DLCs (not to mention the lack of ladies), but to have no party at all would be a terrible decision.

Ryu Kaiba

The blog post really makes it sound as if Clive is the only character we play in the game. No party whatsoever. I really hope that’s not true; a FF game without a party is simply unacceptable. It’s bad enough that the other party members in FF15 weren’t directly playable outside of the DLCs (not to mention the lack of ladies), but to have no party at all would be a terrible decision.
You can see that you switch between characters during battles on the UI during fight sequences.

Edit turned out to just be the eikons icons. We'll have to wait and see. As long as it feels good it wouldn't bother me if this dude runs solo.

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
Loving the more Mature theme. Very bloody trailer and not just in the cutscenes. Watch the 2:00 minute mark in the trailer. I love the new Garuda design also she looks terrifying. Blew Ifrits arm clean off.

While I waited to watch the state of Play, IGN showed off the older trailer and at the end it said Playstation 5 exclusive (also coming to PC) but in the new one, they didn't mention it at all and the PlayStation blog doesn't either. So it's not an exclusive anymore?

Fbh

There's definitely some sort of time skip. I really hope we play as the more adult version for most of the game

You can see that you switch between characters during battles on the UI during fight sequences.

Where ? The upper left?.
I don't think that's characters. It switches multiple times during the gameplay bits but it's always the same dude fighting.

I think those are going to be some sort of spirits that you can equip and switch between to get various abilities (sort of like guardian spirits in Nioh)

stickkidsam

Ya know, I realize that "fantasy" refers to literally anything the imagination can conjur.

Something about seeing XVI adopt such a "medieval" fantasy look just rubs me in a good way. Like a cozy blanket with WarGreymon on it.

Finally a mature, western FF not filled with over the top anime bullcrap
Yeah it’s not like half the trailer consisted of super anime 1 Vs. 1 fights lol

I get what you’re saying and I’m just being annoying but there’s still technically some anime-ness in here!
Looks nice, really like the art direction on this one

Oh didn't know that. Now it makes sense why I like it so much.
I really liked the cities in The Last Remnant.
really?? Lol I mean different strokes for different folks but I hated just about everything about The Last Remnant, including the cities 😫

Last edited:

Fbh

really?? Lol I mean different strokes for different folks but I hated just about everything about The Last Remnant, including the cities 😫

I mean game design wise they were the typical JRPG city that looks nice but doesn't have much to do and explore.

But visually I really liked them.
Then again I also really liked The Last Remnant in general. Enjoyed it quite a bit more than FFXIII.

Top Bottom