• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally, huge positive changes are coming to World of Warcraft

kingfey

Banned
What made wow great was the sense of accomplishment.

Some mounts were below 1% drop chance, if you had that, you were unique, no mtx, no buying your way up (only gold)

Having to manually find people and go together to the dungeon you wanted to do just to find yourself in a massive pvp in the entrance between factions

Hours long alterac valleys, 10fps during intense battles...

Having some low lvl guild member ask for help because he's getting ganked by opposing faction, then immerse yourself into 1v2 or 3v2 battles

So many times I organized invasions, everyone wanted the warbear... We had between 100 and 200 people invading, multiple groups, it was madness

I left after the end of pandaria, but I think It started to go down when they came up with raid/dungeon finder
I remember getting help and assists, when I used to play neverwinter. It was great experience. From measily lv1 to high level. Waiting for rare artifacts. Also guilds were fun. we used to raids. But the p2w aspect made it harder to compete. I left the game after that.

Lanrutcon

lol WoW is in its current state because they catered to the every whim of casual players. It’s a husk of its former self. Enjoy it, it’s what you want.

Haven't played WoW for years.

But please, tell us more about why WoW failed. Did you know some mounts have an entire 1% droprate now? It's like they're just giving them away to the casuals! And epics, man. These days they just send out raid gear via the mailbox. Those filthy casuals. Tell us how they make you feel.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Haven't played WoW for years.

But please, tell us more about why WoW failed. Did you know some mounts have an entire 1% droprate now? It's like they're just giving them away to the casuals! And epics, man. These days they just send out raid gear via the mailbox. Those filthy casuals. Tell us how they make you feel.

God damn casuals!

(then you go back and play Vanilla and realise it's the easiest version of the game by a country mile)

Pejo

Further neutering the faction vs. faction stuff isn't my idea of "improving" anything. Why even have it at all anymore, just outright get rid of it and let everyone do all quests.

The lore is so unbelievably fucked since Sylvanas anyways, who gives a shit anymore.

I don't think any posthumous changes like this are going to do anything meaningful as far as bringing players back or retaining those that are on the cusp of leaving. They should just put the game on maintenance mode and work on WoW2.

Reactions: AV

kingfey

Banned
God damn casuals!

(then you go back and play Vanilla and realise it's the easiest version of the game by a country mile)
I played it up to lv 20. Was fun at that time.

But right now, i am not going to pay subscription fees for the game. Its fun game, but the subscription fees is what's holding me away. if they put it on gamepass, and removed the sub, I would go back to it immediately.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don't think any posthumous changes like this are going to do anything meaningful as far as bringing players back or retaining those that are on the cusp of leaving. They should just put the game on maintenance mode and work on WoW2.

This, but do Warcraft 4 first and use the events of that game as the launchpad for WoW2. Treat the events of WoW as history and move the whole thing on a few decades or so.

if they put it on gamepass, and removed the sub, I would go back to it immediately.

I think that's almost guaranteed at this point, it works in everyone's favour.

Xyphie

People need to understand that the problem isn't that there aren't Alliance players. The problem is that if you want to do endgame content increasingly with every raid tier your only option is Horde because that's where all the good players are, and this difference cascades throughout all the content in the game, so it affects everyone doing M+, Heroic/Normal raids etc. Right now in the current raid tier there's a 90-10 split in favour of Horde in the top 100 guilds. Tier before that it was 87-13. Next expansion this will shrink into the single digits until there's literally no good Alliance guilds unless they start allowing cross-faction grouping/guilds or lets you faction change at a whim for free.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Further neutering the faction vs. faction stuff isn't my idea of "improving" anything. Why even have it at all anymore, just outright get rid of it and let everyone do all quests.

The lore is so unbelievably fucked since Sylvanas anyways, who gives a shit anymore.

The lore is hilariously fucked. I could rant for an entire thread about how much the lore got buggered. The last cool thing I experienced in WoW lore was the quest to unlock the Outland Orcs as playable, where you see the other side of the coin (the Light wins and absolute Order is enforced). I thought that had promise, but I don't think they ever did anything with it. The writer's hardon for Sylvanas was cancer.

Look at me. Now I'm the tryhard nerd explaining why WoW sucks. Ha.

Hari Seldon

But they're not removing the factions, they're just allowing people from different to group up together, aren't they?

Also correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they make ALL world PVP opt-in a few expansions ago? That means no more organic PVP at all, because you're either fighting other people looking for a fight or unable to attack those opted out. Seems like that's the actual issue.
They did but heavily incentivized opting in via Warmode in BFA. I guess it is still in the latest expansion but the zones were so absolutely terrible that I never bothered.

Ogbert

To be honest, game needs to start from scratch, with WoW 2. New engine, new game.

It’s just too old now.

Monokrom

tenor.gif

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Can someone please explain what this means to me since I don't play WoW.
wait what? what did they do this time?

After the major revelations/allegations of misconduct from Activision/Blizzard and numerous people left/were removed, Blizzard started to… “sanitize” much of their titles. Removal of any legacy member names, censoring in-game artwork, changing names of long-standing characters, etc.

One of these changes was changing a number of vanilla artwork to pictures of fruit. Blizzard claimed they were “updating” artwork, but it became a meme in the community. “Blizzard views women as fruit!”

DrCheese

The most pathetic thing was removing things like /rasp (Farting) and /Spit because it apparently "Upset people" which is total sodding BS.

Tschumi

Haha, this is too funny..

.. on the Ares private TBC server made by Twinstar 5 or so years ago cross-faction grouping was the Final attempt to make things work before they gave up.

Top Bottom