• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses Review Thread

McRazzle

Don’t know, but it isn’t just Switch games. All new games for all platforms are $50 at Walmart. Was there about a month ago and the only $60 game I could find was Days Gone.
Yeah, I just looked at Walmart's website and the PS4 pre-orders for Final Fantasy VII remake and Marvel's Avengers are both $49.99.
Vendor controlled inventory might not exist for video games, so they can take a bigger cut off them, since they only take 5% from console sales.
Guess they smell Gamestop's blood in the water.

I wonder how Nintendo feels about this, if they put a stop to it I don't think I could go back to paying $59.99 for their games, especially not considering brand new unreleased PS4 games are priced at $49.99, and I doubt Sony would give a shit how Walmart prices them.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I am a couple of hours in and starting to get the feel of it. This is going to be a good one, I reckon. I wasn’t sure at first, I was getting Fates vibes and there’s a quite a bit to take in initially. But, the game just opened up a bit tutorial-wise and I’m starting to feel it. See you in 100 hours.

Small nitpick: They could’ve made the fonts larger. I’ve been leaning forward and squinting in TV Mode and Portable Mode. Annoying. Hope they patch it.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
GameSpot said Walmart is selling this for $49.94 on release day in the US. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fire-emblem-three-houses-will-be-10-cheaper-at-wal/1100-6468607/
Sure is nice of them to do this when none of them have it in fucking stock the day it releases. I'd rather pay the extra 10 than deal with their stupid bullshit.

"Oh sorry we don't have it at midnight you gotta come back at 7"
"Oh thanks for calling at 7 but we don't have it also did you mean Warriors we have that one!"

I just placed a Best Buy order instead since apparently every Walmart in my state doesn't want to get it in stock release day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else completely overwhelmed with the amount of quality releases on Switch recently? I feel as if I can't keep up.

Only just started FE:TH, but I'm digging it.

Reactions: Isa

McRazzle

Sure is nice of them to do this when none of them have it in fucking stock the day it releases. I'd rather pay the extra 10 than deal with their stupid bullshit.

"Oh sorry we don't have it at midnight you gotta come back at 7"
"Oh thanks for calling at 7 but we don't have it also did you mean Warriors we have that one!"

I just placed a Best Buy order instead since apparently every Walmart in my state doesn't want to get it in stock release day.
They probably didn't even actually check to see if it was in stock.
My local Walmart had it on the shelf a day early on the 25th.

Sakura

Played for about 12 hours. Pretty good so far. Gotta work the next couple days though. Will play more Monday.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I read several reviews, a couple tips for playing articles and changed my mind and decided to grab this. I had one voucher left for a digital game and there's not really anything else on the current list that I'm sure I want digitally. With the length and replayability here it's a good game to grab digitally and I'll just hold off a while on the Link's Awakening remake (want that physical as it's a shorter, one and done game for me) in September if I'm not done with this yet. Looking forward to playing some later today and this weekend.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no why did Palutena kill Geralt? Is this Soul Calibur?

Komatsu

Having a blast - always wanted to be a Hogwarts professor and never knew I’d satisfy this urge by following FE for 20 yrs.

PS: Are we not getting an OP for this?

I'm really not seeing this, fire emblem is the first must have for me this year so far on the platform
Understandable, it's all opinions isn't it. For me though, you've got the quality from 3rd Parties (CTR, Bloodstained, Cuphead), classics from the past (RE4, Dragon's Dogma, FFXII), then the exclusives (Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Cadence of Hyrule)

All this followed by a pretty fucking fantastic Fire Emblem. Nintendo killing it this year for me.

blackjon24

Understandable, it's all opinions isn't it. For me though, you've got the quality from 3rd Parties (CTR, Bloodstained, Cuphead), classics from the past (RE4, Dragon's Dogma, FFXII), then the exclusives (Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Cadence of Hyrule)

All this followed by a pretty fucking fantastic Fire Emblem. Nintendo killing it this year for me.

I didn't buy a switch to play worst, overpriced and late versions of games I own and can play on everything else. Marvel ultimate alliance 3 really isn't up to snuff, cadence and mario maker really isn't my thing.

I'll give the switch credit when credit is due with the release of fire emblem, Astral Rain, metroid prime 3, smt5, bayonetta 3 and etc but not for just doing the bare minimum just because they set the standard so low with the wii u.

Last edited:
Got my CE from Target and GameStop. Target copy has a nice sized dent in the corner... will probably return it, to GameStop, since they charged me shipping, so fuck em.

20190726_185405-jpg.2388071

• LOL

Saber

Gold Member
After seein some videos, it really looks like a fun to play game. As an old Fire Emblem player(my last one was Awekening), this one looks interesting.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I made the right choice by online pick up ordering it at Best Buy. I didn't see any other copies left when I got there. The last time I saw this kind of thing happening for a Fire Emblem game was back during Fire Emblem Awakening. So either it sold a lot or they didn't ship enough. Even Amazon is backordered at the moment.

I'm actually okay with this.

I'll give the switch credit when credit is due with the release of fire emblem, Astral Rain, metroid prime 3, smt5, bayonetta 3 and etc but not for just doing the bare minimum just because they set the standard so low with the wii u.

"Bare minimum"? Nintendo just release the 2 biggest exclusives of the year thus far in back to back months.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason the switch fans are going crazy for this game. No not people the literal fans. I played it for around 5 hours and picked it up and they were going at full speed. Anybody else experiencing this? The game isn't pushing any limits graphically so ???

Also it has been fun so far, a bit on the easy side if anything.

Shaqazooloo

For some reason the switch fans are going crazy for this game. No not people the literal fans. I played it for around 5 hours and picked it up and they were going at full speed. Anybody else experiencing this? The game isn't pushing any limits graphically so ???

Also it has been fun so far, a bit on the easy side if anything.
Yeah, I could hear the fans when I was playing docked, same happens when I play Mortal Kombat.

I'm actually stuck now on one of the early optional missions. I just have to kill a bunch of bandits on a map I've already played before (Where you have a mock battle with some knights) but now there's tons of bandits that all do major damage, hit twice with every attack and have a much higher accuracy than my guys. Even if I park my dudes in the bushes they just get killed slowly, and my counter-attacks never hit. Once the mages come running I'm just dead, as one of their attacks deals 24 damage, one-hitting most of my guys. I've tried everything, from different positioning to buying new equipment but it doesn't fucking matter, you just can't win this mission on hard without losing someone.

It's really frustrating. I was enjoying the challenge and looking forward to more of that, but if these kinds of difficulty spikes are the norm, I guess I'll have to lower it to normal.

Edit: And I beat it just now. I won't give up yet!

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm actually stuck now on one of the early optional missions. I just have to kill a bunch of bandits on a map I've already played before (Where you have a mock battle with some knights) but now there's tons of bandits that all do major damage, hit twice with every attack and have a much higher accuracy than my guys. Even if I park my dudes in the bushes they just get killed slowly, and my counter-attacks never hit. Once the mages come running I'm just dead, as one of their attacks deals 24 damage, one-hitting most of my guys. I've tried everything, from different positioning to buying new equipment but it doesn't fucking matter, you just can't win this mission on hard without losing someone.

It's really frustrating. I was enjoying the challenge and looking forward to more of that, but if these kinds of difficulty spikes are the norm, I guess I'll have to lower it to normal.

Edit: And I beat it just now. I won't give up yet!
Only way I made it is with Rally - resistance and a gambit for mass healing. It was very difficult.

So, anyone finished any routes of the game yet? I've finished 2 of the 4, both on the black eagles. 47 hours in and still rocking on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom