• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firesprite working on AAA horror narrative adventure in unreal engine 5

R6Rider

Gold Member
Season 2 Agree GIF by Paramount+

Wait , but the rumor said that they are makin the Twisted Metal game.

Firesprite has over 265 employees. I could be wrong on the figure and it's twice that as of now. Plus one of their projects was a dark narrative driven project. I'm gonna bet it's that. they definitely have alot of stuff in the oven that's for sure. Btw small little screenshot from their previous horror title "the persistence"

9mUmH0t.jpg

Last edited:

skit_data

Busy studio, indeed.
Are they really only ~250 people over there?

They seem to act like a support studio on roids from the sound of it.

Busy studio, indeed.
Are they really only ~250 people over there?

They seem to act like a support studio on roids from the sound of it.
Actually they are now 265 in terms of employees.

They are working on 3 games at once?

Yes indeed, horizon: call of the mountain, this, and I think a mobile title and the rumored free to play twisted metal title. this studio is one of sony's largest out of their first party developers.

TonyK

I love horror games and I played tons of them and I never I found a single one AAA narrative driven horror game. "Narrative adventures" are AA by nature.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
They are working on 3 games at once?

According to the Firesprite website, they're hiring for a...

1. Narrative Adventure

2. Action Shooter

3. Multiplayer Action w/ Vehicles

4. Mobile Game

Most of their positions are for narrative adventure openings which could mean the project is early in development or that they have 2 narrative adventures being worked on (Horror game, Call of the Mountain VR). The Action Shooter project has a bunch of multiplayer positions listed as well, so that's likely their big F2P multiplayer FPS game.

It looks like they have 4 or 5 games in the works.

Last edited:

.Pennywise

Banned
“We are looking for a narrative director to join our development team for a AAA narrative driven horror-adventure game in Unreal 5,” it reads.

“The narrative director is responsible for the project storytelling, helping establish & consider the game’s universe and lore, with responsibility for the quality implementation of narrative content for project milestones and ultimately the game’s release.”

This smells like pre-production. And calling it a AAA game means like 4 years of development, so you won't see this until like 2027.

Also, to the people joking about that "Abandoned" game. Do you realize that probably several people got scammed a lot of money?

Top Bottom