• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First 10 minutes of Riddick on MTV NOW (East Coast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Looks bad@ss to me and I got a free ticket :D

Belfast

I thought it was pretty cool, personally. I'm thinking Riddick will get my money. :)

You can hate Vin all you want, but I think he shines as Riddick.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Katcher said:
:lol Looked like a low budget made for tv movie.
Seriously. I could tell that from the commercials and trailers. It looks like a Sci Fi original TV miniseries.

I honestly, genuinely have no idea whatsoever what anybody sees in this movie at all. Unless you REEEEEALLY love camp.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
MetatronM said:
I honestly, genuinely have no idea whatsoever what anybody sees in this movie at all.

It's called Pitch Black. If its anything like its prequel, I'm going to love it.

Belfast

I dunno, most Sci-fi movies that come out ARE basically Sci-Fi channel-esque movies with a much bigger budget. Its not that all the ideas for SFC's movies are BAD per se, but they just have no means of making them work due to lack of funds. However, what I think might actually WORK in its favor is Vin Diesel. His straightforwardness keeps the movie from becoming mired too much in the usual sci-fi technobabble.

Anyway, I still think it looks pretty good and I do hope it turns out well, because it'd be nice to have another good epic series to look forward to.

btrboyev

Well the first 10 minutes were horrible, and I have zero hope for the rest.

Iron Giant is the only good movie vin diesel has ever been involved in...wait add saving private ryan to that list.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm gonna have to agree with Metatron here, don't see what's so special about this movie. And oh man was Pitch Black a piece of SHEET! I still want to play the video game though. The movie however...I don't care

GLoK

I recently picked up Pitch Black... not the best movie ever made, but it was as good as I remember it. Decent Sci-Fi thriller with some cool hints to a broader universe.

Riddick as a character at the very least made the movie worth seeing, and I imagine chronicles will be much the same.

I'll be checking it out fo sho.

Best Vin Diesel movie=Boiler Room. Any movie with Vin Diesel in the lead role sucks. Any movie with him in a supporting role is usually alright or good.

Mason

The special effects in the first ten minutes were kinda crappy, especially that landscape shot.

BTW, why is the first movie rated R, the game rated M, but this is rated PG-13? WTF

Matlock

Banned
BoboBrazil said:
Best Vin Diesel movie=Boiler Room. Any movie with Vin Diesel in the lead role sucks. Any movie with him in a supporting role is usually alright or good.

I believe you've forgotten Saving Private Ryan.

Dead

well not really...yet
Mason said:
The special effects in the first ten minutes were kinda crappy, especially that landscape shot.

BTW, why is the first movie rated R, the game rated M, but this is rated PG-13? WTF
Becuase the Studio execs would like this to make at least some money considering the 100 million + budget of the film.

There will be an R/NR DVD of the movie, count on it

FoneBone

I'm surprised by all the negativity toward this movie (though I'll admit, Universal hasn't helped -- the teaser sucked, and the trailer wasn't that much better). But anyway, most of the reviews on AICN so far have been quite positive, so I'm still looking forward to this.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Looked alright to me, Should have some decent action scenes, the only bit that looked really shoddy to me was the view of the desert planet, didnt even look like game grade CGI. Music was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom