• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First GOTY of 2022 goes to Horizon: Forbidden West!

Doom85

owFlWdb.jpg

Flutta

Banned
Interesting, just started playing it 4h in and im bored to death tbh. The melee system hasnt been fixed at all. Its slow, skuggish even worse then the first game.

From what i can tell this games feels like HZD 1.5. The story so far is so cringy, most of the NPC’s are fat and ugly. Also wtf are they wearing?

It doesnt help that Aloy has become an over the top
”WAMEN are strong too” type character.

Not sure if i want to continue playing this ultra feminist simulator anymore its too much.

Sorry HFW/Sony fans but this game sucks on all levels except for the graphics, which are amazing and sadly wasted on a cringy, boring story.

Kataploom

Gold Member
You know what? We should be having a "Game Of The Season" instead of GOTY, that way no Sony game will be left aside by another TLOU port. /s

No, srsly, a "GOTS" wouldn't be THAT bad, at least it would be more honest lol

Airbus Jr

Banned
though luck turns out god of war ragnarok coming this year gow ragnarok and horizon forbiden west will have to compete and steal each other for numerous goty category

not to mention elden ring which will be a strong contender too

but anyway congratulations for this early achievement im waiting for DLC

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Can’t take this seriously, I only care about GOTY awards that are handed out in early January.

Duchess

To be fair, there's nothing else coming out for the rest of the year, so might as well give it to H:FW.

Go on, name me another game coming out in 2022 that might be a contender.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Still haven't beaten it. Glad that they updated the visuals though, as I will definitely return to it. The comments about the combat in the game being unimproved are just. . .wild (although not unsurprising if you legit approach this as a "Punch-Simulator" - which it isn't).

To be fair, there's nothing else coming out for the rest of the year, so might as well give it to H:FW.

Go on, name me another game coming out in 2022 that might be a contender.

I feel like this is a meta joke. . .like 5D-Chess in joke form.

timmyp53

Maybe I'm not reading correctly but isnt this just clickbait from that pushsquare site?
It's the best game voted at a developer conference.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
LMFAO, we've just passed the first half of the year and they're already giving GOTYs, just shows how fucking stupid and irrelevant those awards are. If ot was fir me those awards wouldn't be allowed to be given earlier that January 1st of the next year.

Thief1987

Maybe I'm not reading correctly but isnt this just clickbait from that pushsquare site?
It's the best game voted at a developer conference.
But I heard from another thread that developer's awards mean much more than awards from gaming "journalists".

timmyp53

But I heard from another thread that developer's awards mean much more than awards from gaming "journalists".
That's probably true but this is a developer conference award. Giving an award from devs to devs right?
Pushquare seems to be looking for views and people in this thread seem to be falling for clickbait.
More likely this is devs/council evaluating guerilla technical achievement and awarding best game in that regard.

ASw7eh0nBma7.gif

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Finally got around to finishing the story last night. Had been bouncing between this game and others, final playtime with a shitton of sidequests still open was 49 hrs.

The game story really picked up at the end and i enjoyed the last big sequence, and i'm looking forward to seeing how they wrap this up in the next game. Some thoughts below....

--Two games into this series and i still have issues in combat at times due to no lock-on. I think it needs it, IMO.

--Rolled my eyes all the way into my skull when Tilda revealed that her and Elizabet Sobeck were an item....of course they were :messenger_tears_of_joy:
--Touching moment at the end when Sylens was leaving and he changed his mind to stay and help when he saw Aloy and Beta hugging

Vick

forbidden west was a disappointing sequel. decent game but not as good as the first. didn't learn from the mistakes that were made in the first. don't think it deserves GOTY. top 10 of 2022 maybe.
Weren't you a PC only guy? How would you know?

skneogaf

A friend of mine asked me if I was going to be buying whatever the second game is called, I said I didn't know it was coming out and I went back to playing the real game of the year elden ring.

Top Bottom