• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look: the headset design for PlayStation VR2

Moses85

will ferrell omg GIF

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looks very comfy. Time to start saving the pennies.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
star trek q GIF

Nice.

Having cameras in the headset and controllers included is such a game changer.

I have not put much time into my PSVR1 because move controllers and DS4s are a bit of a rip off.

I might get one, OLED + higher res + at least PSVR1 quality optics should be nice and a big improvement over quest 2

Last edited:

ArcaneNLSC

Today, I am especially pleased to reveal the stunning new design of our next generation VR headset, PlayStation VR2, together with an updated and final design image of our PlayStation VR2 Sense controller.

You’ll notice the PS VR2 headset has a similar shape as the PS VR2 Sense controller, taking on a matching “orb” look. The circular orb shape represents the 360-degree view that players feel when they enter the virtual reality world, so this shape captures it nicely.

click the link to read the rest of the article

8fd9c404e81dd1f0929b574b7689c9ae0fdaf5d4-scaled.jpg

chixdiggit

What a terrible controller design. Why not just copy the Oculus controllers? Seems like it's different for the sake of being different.

yurinka

The specs are great and it looks great. Now my only worry is the price, because it features a ton of impressive stuff, extra things like the headset rumble and comes bundled with the two controllers. I'd bet it's going to be too expensive.

I think the perfect spot would be $299 or cheaper but I think it may cost $499 or more.

please be oled
It is

Can you wear without glasses using the lens adjuster like GearVR did??????
Yes. Blind people can wear it too. And cats or dogs too.

Now seriously, we know it has a lens adjuster but I think it's only to adjust the separation between the eyes.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm all in on Quest 2, so I wont get this unless there's a large amount of must have exclusives.

Those of you who haven't tried VR should get in on one of the headsets. VR really is a ton of fun. Going to see if my brother gets this one so I can try it out.

Last edited:
So far I like the design and all of those features that have been mentioned before.
Hope the venting solution for the new headset will help users who wear glasses with fogging up sometimes :D

Amiga

Design in sync with the PS5 and the original PSVR. Sony must have a big plan for this and could be more fundamental than the 1st attempt.

Wish: A VR game with the loop and fun of Hades would the prefect template. A lively hub + tight levels with great depth.

chixdiggit

How can you say that without trying it?
True I guess..... A couple simple observations with the picture below tells me it's not well thought out. Mainly: Why in the world would you make the curvature of the controller go back and around the wrist? This just means the controller will be constantly bumping into the headset and your self. It makes no sense.
51897391199_64d60b890e_k.jpg

Ugh i hate the controllers already. I understand that you need that form factor with inside out tracking, but holy shit is it a bad design. Imagine cocking a gun, or stringing a bow and arrow. Clunky. Hopefully their next iteration goes to outside in tracking.

Top Bottom