• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look: the headset design for PlayStation VR2

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
hype is on
Nyu7.gif
20220222_144127bjja2.gif

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Single cable is a massive improvement. Got rid of my PSVR because I couldn’t deal with the cable madness. This is superior in every way.
Not to mention the first gen PSVR not being able to pass through HDR signals even when disconnected, which made me purchase an elaborate scheme of HDMI 2.0b switches that were so complicated to manage that I ended up not using, ever.

Aside from the obvious resolution upgrade, I think the single dedicated cable without going into the TV as well as IPD adjustment are going to be great upgrades over PSRV1.

Fredrik

True I guess..... A couple simple observations with the picture below tells me it's not well thought out. Mainly: Why in the world would you make the curvature of the controller go back and around the wrist? This just means the controller will be constantly bumping into the headset and your self. It makes no sense.
51897391199_64d60b890e_k.jpg
Bigger concern, are they big enough for all kinds of hands?
big hand GIF

Romulus

I'm all in on Quest 2, so I wont get this unless there's a large amount of must have exclusives.

Those of you who haven't tried VR should get in on one of the headsets. VR really is a ton of fun. Going to see if my brother gets this one so I can try it out.

I think that wil be the hook. It sounds like sony is really going to push exclusives for this. Big budget stuff. I think they tried with psvr1 but that tablet cpu and weak gpu just wasn't capable at all. Ps5 combined with rendering saving technology and closed box optimization will be interesting

gamer82

I hope the image quality is better this time around as that kills dmy excitement for the original. some stuff was so grainy and dark. fingers crossed it's decent as I like the look of this and I enjoyed my brief time with oculus vr so will be nice to play some first party Sony games in vr. I guess res 8 will be one with the new dlc they are making. it would be fun to try ghost wire Tokyo in vr so fingers crossed.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Can you wear without glasses using the lens adjuster like GearVR did??????

VN1Pe82.jpg

PPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEASSSEE
You can use contact lens, no?
Or can you use with glasses?

I’m just curious… I used glasses two decades ago.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Meh. You are all still wearing diapers compared to me. I started with Atari Pong.
My first memory related to gaming game was me at 3 years old playing that fucking game with my father in black and white...

He had one of those controller where you only spin a wheel to control the white bar.

Also since we are measuring things, i'm probably taller than you

yes.jpg

jaysius

Banned
Looks like any other VR headset, that wire is a weakness though.

No worries about the price, scalpers will be on this too.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Looks really nice and will flow nice with white ps5 and white pulse 3d
The halo straps are usually comfortable but wobbly, warm and hair ruining :p But I will get it anyway.

Looks ike pulse 3d might fit over it. Hope it works together

Last edited:

stranno

I got one of their straps for the Quest 2 but why say that in regards to PSVR2?
They used exactly the same strap as the PSVR, which is far from comfortable. I want the BOBOVR M? to be compatible with this.

Last edited:

skit_data

A little thing I noticed.

Have a look at the ufficial blog entry about the headset.

PlayStation 5 as a "requirement" is never cited. The console is only mentioned when talking about the design choices.
I was looking for mentions on PC and couldn’t find it but you might have point here. I think it would be smart to offer PC compability.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I wonder after the initial set up you can control and operate PS5 without a tv screen? Run the whole show using the VR headset

Top Bottom