• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Wave of Xbox Game Pass Games for December Announced

twilo99

PlushUnrulyKoalabear-max-1mb.gif

Can't argue with that lol but gotta keep things in balance...

But for someone who truly enjoys gaming, GPU is an insanely good service. I think the games on my current list alone would set me back like $100 if I had to buy them, which I would never do anyway

Dr.D00p

I've just taken them up on the 3 mths for £1 offer and all I can say, after 5 days of using it, is that once I've finished the Halo Infinite campaign, this unmitigated, buggy POS service is coming off my PC hard drive for ever.

Never have i come across a service that wants to fight you at every step of the way to just playing the damn games. Slow downloads, Failed Installs, in game downloads not working, Constant Xbox Live sign ins, clicking on shortcuts to start games and...nothing. Constantly having to close the games via task manager because they're still running in the background.

I despise Ubisoft Connect, Loathe EA Origin, have come to tolerate Steam & Epic Store but at least they just work, but this thing is nothing but rage inducing most of the time.

Can't argue with that lol but gotta keep things in balance...

But for someone who truly enjoys gaming, GPU is an insanely good service. I think the games on my current list alone would set me back like $100 if I had to buy them, which I would never do anyway
Yeah, I love it and recommend it to anyone on here.

I had the addiction to buying games and inflating my backlog past all reason. The only thing that really has made me stop and allowed me to be a little more critical with my purchases is Gamepass. When you're getting new games literally every 3-4 days, it really scratches that itch of needing new stuff. Then you just buy the stuff you really, really are sure about. You spend less and end up with even more than you started with. It's totally nuts. I've only been subbed since E3 this year, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase for sure.

MOTM

Banned
I've just taken them up on the 3 mths for £1 offer and all I can say, after 5 days of using it, is that once I've finished the Halo Infinite campaign, this unmitigated, buggy POS service is coming off my PC hard drive for ever.

Never have i come across a service that wants to fight you at every step of the way to just playing the damn games. Slow downloads, Failed Installs, in game downloads not working, Constant Xbox Live sign ins, clicking on shortcuts to start games and...nothing. Constantly having to close the games via task manager because they're still running in the background.

I despise Ubisoft Connect, Loathe EA Origin, have come to tolerate Steam & Epic Store but at least they just work, but this thing is nothing but rage inducing most of the time.
That’s what you get for being PC Master Race.

All I see all the time from PC gamers is complaining about poor ports, bad performance, bugs, launcher problems, installing drivers, h24 tinkering in graphics settings and the list goes on.

We console gamers just sit down on the coach and start having fun.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

All I see all the time from PC gamers is complaining about poor ports, bad performance, bugs, launcher problems, installing drivers, h24 tinkering in graphics settings and the list goes on.

Kind of a different issue though, since there are plenty of storefronts without these problems. Launcher problems are purely the fault of the maker of said launcher, and I had exactly the same issues as the person you are replying to when I tried MS Store, it was completely awful even compared to how bad a time I had with Uplay, where my whole computer would freeze for 10 seconds when it launched.

The bolded is the fault of the game port team/developers and the italisised text is just someone who didn't understand what PC gaming is.

Ozriel

M$FT
Awesome that most of these are Cloud compatible day one. Those who’ve got a great experience with xCloud can just stream lawn mowing simulator to check it out instead of downloading.

twilo99

I have none of these issues on PC. The xbox sign in is once per installed game for me.

Reizo Ryuu

almost bought aliens; good shit.

I do the same on pc, download, launch, play; I only go into settings to turn on subs and to make sure the refresh rate is at 120hz.
Also haven't had a storefront problem almost ever, and yes I've had many games on Games for Windows Live as well.

Last edited:

Deerock71

Yeah, I love it and recommend it to anyone on here.

I had the addiction to buying games and inflating my backlog past all reason. The only thing that really has made me stop and allowed me to be a little more critical with my purchases is Gamepass. When you're getting new games literally every 3-4 days, it really scratches that itch of needing new stuff. Then you just buy the stuff you really, really are sure about. You spend less and end up with even more than you started with. It's totally nuts. I've only been subbed since E3 this year, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase for sure.
I'm playing The Good Life, a horribly rated Swery game (but so was Deadly Premonition). I was going to wait for a sale, but now I can play it without feeling like I flushed money down the toilet.

I'm playing The Good Life, a horribly rated Swery game (but so was Deadly Premonition). I was going to wait for a sale, but now I can play it without feeling like I flushed money down the toilet.
Indeed. Gamepass isn't for people wanting AAA stuff all the time. It's amazing though if you like indies, AA games, lots of weird titles you might otherwise miss, and then throw in the first party as the cherry on top.

Topher

Gold Member

Really? I've had no problems running Game Pass games on PC myself. If you are getting failed installs then I'd start looking in Event Viewer for more detailed error messages.

jaysius

Banned
How fucking lazy are the devs of RIng of Pain not to already have TOUCH CONTROLS it's such an easy brain dead idea, it's ideal for cloud and for shitty touch controls.

Reizo Ryuu

How fucking lazy are the devs of RIng of Pain not to already have TOUCH CONTROLS it's such an easy brain dead idea, it's ideal for cloud and for shitty touch controls.
developers don't have anything to do with those things, MS implements cloud, quick resume and smart delivery stuff themselves.

Just rewatching the trailer from a few months back and my only issue is she often walking like she's shat herself lmao:
A bit of Gunk in the Trunk.

Downloaded Generation Zero Last night and looked around before going to bed. Might tide me over for a while.

Last edited:
Nice additions!

I wonder if EA will be adding Mass Effect: LE to their Vault this month. There was a rumor that someone temporarily saw the gamepass logo get added before it was quickly removed.
Just a matter of time before it's on EA Play. Not even really a huge rush though considering the originals are already on there.

MiguelItUp

Lmao Aliens already
I mean, it IS a budgeted AA title. Bound to happen and a good move on their part TBH.

For those of you that were even moderately curious about it, I'd recommend giving it a shot. May not be for everyone, but it's a blast with pals. So much so that I got 80+ hours in it. I'm also a huge Alien fan, So take that as you will. I enjoyed it a LOT more than Back 4 Blood, and they're still updating it with free content.

Last edited:

twilo99

Did you get GP for free?

The thing is if you pay for it in advance, like I got 3 years' worth with that xbox live > GPU conversion deal, for about $150, it really feels like you are not spending money on games, an illusion, but it feels that way.

I've had it for year, and I've played games worth over ~$300 in total at least, not to mention all the ones I've been able to try with a click of a button in the cloud.. its ridiculous value for what it is.

So, from that perspective, once you play enough games to cover the initial cost, every game afterwards feels like a "free" game. I have two more years to go lol

If my math is right, if I play 20 games a year, it comes down to $2.50 per game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

edit. for those who are going to ask how to get 3 years for $150 or whatever, you get 3 of these and convert

Microsoft - Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Membership (BRAZIL Region) VPN required USA 799366336327 | eBay

but even at full price or whatever you just wait for holidays and sales and stack up on codes.. there is also microsoft rewards, etc.

Last edited:

nikolino840

4BRkiWf.gif

kingfey

Banned

surprise cp2077 GIF by Cyberpunk 2077

Let's ignore battlefield 2042 and cyberpunk2077 for the consoles then.

kingfey

Banned
Never have i come across a service that wants to fight you at every step of the way to just playing the damn games. Slow downloads, Failed Installs, in game downloads not working, Constant sign ins, clicking on shortcuts to start games and...nothing. Constantly having to close the games via task manager because they're still running in the background.
Gz on describing all pc launchers.

marjo

Really hope this thread doesn't devolve into another console vs. pc one.

In any case, I'm looking forward to trying out 6 of those games (Halo, Anvil, Rubber Bandits, Stardew Valley, The Warhammer one and the Alien one). Great first half of the month!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
My current list is so solid.. love every game on it and I am yet to finish the ascent and hades.

8Le5M0Q.jpg

But they I have all of these that I really want to try... there is just wayyy to many games on gamepass

fBSoywE.jpg
Do yourself a favor and remove the medium and falconner. Move Psychonauts up.

Top Bottom