• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT| Pumpin' Iron and Spittin' Blood.

Aces High

Idgaf about that. I am just making fun of the fact that you're talking about drug abusers making it big.
It's a matter of perspective.

You're talking about a guy doing drugs and becoming more muscular.

I'm talking about a guy with a clear genetic disadvantage in his arms becoming the world's best bodybuilder 5 years in a row. Which is, in my eyes, an amazing achievement.

Every professional athlete is on PEDs. People need to understand that. If I would have to guess, I would say that even 90% of amateur athletes are on PEDs as well.

No matter if it's soccer, American football, tennis, baseball, cycling, running, boxing, shooting, or even race car driving.

The funny thing is that some of them don't even know that they're on PEDs because they just let their coaches do their thing.

But fact is, you can't become the world's best athlete just by taking PEDs simply because everyone around you is taking PEDs as well.

Take Lance Armstrong for example. Did he take drugs? Yes. But so did every single guy that signed up to race him at the Tour de France. Lance Armstrong is one of the most impressive athletes of all time. Period.

Guys always think they can just hop on some roids and become Mister Olympia. But what they don't understand is that they could take all the roids in the world and wouldn't even come in third in a natural bodybuilding competition. Success is not a pill you swallow.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
That Huberman testo stack costs how much?

$120 per month for all three supplements?

That's $1,440 per year for stuff that does nothing besides damaging your liver.

I'm just trying to help you. You would be much better off if you invested that money into an ETF like MSCI World.
As already mentioned in the initial post, I don't do it consistantly but cycle it, 4 weeks I use the testo stack and then 4 weeks my creatine cycle, the one week off everything - rinse and repeat.

And I use more than what Huberman recommends. As per him it's Tongat Ali and Fadogia Agrestis only but I also added Turkesteron last time and will drop in Tribulus Terrestris for my next cycle. Found multiple sources for each confirming they boost testo and the only one a bit "shady" is tongat ali. Even if it is toxic to some degree (from my quick search I found more sources saying that it benefits me than that it damages me) I doubt that I'll damage my health long term for cycling it every 2 months - especially because I basically fast every day.

The whole stack costs me around 100 EUR. I can live with that.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

It's a matter of perspective.

You're talking about a guy doing drugs and becoming more muscular.

I'm talking about a guy with a clear genetic disadvantage in his arms becoming the world's best bodybuilder 5 years in a row. Which is, in my eyes, an amazing achievement.

Every professional athlete is on PEDs. People need to understand that. If I would have to guess, I would say that even 90% of amateur athletes are on PEDs as well.

No matter if it's soccer, American football, tennis, baseball, cycling, running, boxing, shooting, or even race car driving.

The funny thing is that some of them don't even know that they're on PEDs because they just let their coaches do their thing.

But fact is, you can't become the world's best athlete just by taking PEDs simply because everyone around you is taking PEDs as well.

Take Lance Armstrong for example. Did he take drugs? Yes. But so did every single guy that signed up to race him at the Tour de France. Lance Armstrong is one of the most impressive athletes of all time. Period.

Guys always think they can just hop on some roids and become Mister Olympia. But what they don't understand is that they could take all the roids in the world and wouldn't even come in third in a natural bodybuilding competition. Success is not a pill you swallow.

I don't watch sports or bodybuilding shows. I just thought it was funny to find inspiration from a drug abuser, especially now as you lecture someone on what they are putting into their bodies.

Aces High

As already mentioned in the initial post, I don't do it consistantly but cycle it, 4 weeks I use the testo stack and then 4 weeks my creatine cycle, the one week off everything - rinse and repeat.
You can use Creatine Monohydrate all year round.

Creatine is the best researched supplement in the world. It is very safe, worst you can get is diarrhea when you take too much at once, and it works amazingly well for bodybuilding and strength. It's also dirt cheap. I take 5g morning + 5g evening on rest days and an additional 5g post workout on training days. There's no need to cycle it.

Testo booster:

Even if we assume for a moment that testo boosters were not a scam, it would still be stupid to use them because it's highly unhealthy to manipulate your hormones.

What people don't understand is that when it comes to hormones, more is not better.

Everyone of us has a perfect balance of hormones where the body feels like a well oiled machine. This balance is unique for each individual and genetically fixed. You can't alter it in any way. The further you get away from that balance, the more side effects you will see and the more drugs you will have to take to stay healthy and functional.

Some people have higher natural testosterone levels. Some people have lower natural testosterone levels. As long as your testosterone is exactly where your body wants it to be, everything is perfectly fine. If your testosterone level gets higher (!) or lower than your genetic sweet spot, you'll get sick and you'll eventually die if you don't correct it, because hormones play an immense role in a multitude of processes in your body.

That's why we have testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) which can counter health problems that are related to testosterone levels that are out of balance.

It is usually men with a high testosterone sweet spot that suffer heavily from age related hypogonadism. These guys often have severe symptoms of low T even if they still have higher T than guys with a low sweet spot.

People don't understand that testosterone is all about relativity. They see total numbers without context and try to pump their own numbers as high as possible. Is low testosterone bad? No. Is low testosterone bad in a guy that has a high T sweet spot? Hell yes, but so is high testosterone in a guy that has a low T sweet spot. If a low T sweet spot guy does TRT and he pushes his T too high than he will get seriously sick.

If your body is healthy and working exactly how it's meant to be, testo boosters, assuming they're not a scam (they are a scam), will give you zero benefits for weight lifting. You would only see benefits, if your T levels are out of balance.

But even then it's stupid to take these testo boosters. Testosterone, as a drug, is very well researched. Testo boosters are not. Today's men have access to 3rd generation medical testosterone which is much better than the stuff people used decades ago and the shady crap you can order in the dark web from an underground lab. Testo boosters have side effects and they're not produced under medical standards. For a guy with hypogonadism, using medical testosterone is much healthier than using a testo booster.

Also, real testosterone is cheap. A month worth of medical T will cost you $15 and it will be highly effective. That testo boosters cost you $100 per month and it will do nothing except damaging your liver.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Appreciate the info and concern but I already knew most of this stuff. It's just... I actually feel a lot better now and am not noticing any negative side effects at all. I've been training for around 15 years now and this is actually the first time I'm taking any testosteron supplements. I'm 37 and I don't think it will do me any harm either way, especially with this age. I actually thought about jumping on real test but I don't want to go through some shady sources to get it and don't feel comfortable enough asking my doc for it yet. Maybe in a few years.

And about the creatine... a few years ago I was taking it all the time. I know there is no harm. I just kinda like cycling it as it's usually recommended (it even says so on each bottle). Keeps things varied for me. :)

Fenix34

I remove teeth
In previous month i walk 300+ km and in end of the month i freeze my arm plus gain temperature.and after i stop walk many kms.

Last edited:

MikeM

Appreciate the info and concern but I already knew most of this stuff. It's just... I actually feel a lot better now and am not noticing any negative side effects at all. I've been training for around 15 years now and this is actually the first time I'm taking any testosteron supplements. I'm 37 and I don't think it will do me any harm either way, especially with this age. I actually thought about jumping on real test but I don't want to go through some shady sources to get it and don't feel comfortable enough asking my doc for it yet. Maybe in a few years.

And about the creatine... a few years ago I was taking it all the time. I know there is no harm. I just kinda like cycling it as it's usually recommended (it even says so on each bottle). Keeps things varied for me. :)
I used to take creatine and had the wildest shits (mono, hcl, pre- alkaline etc). Had to stop because it was effecting my bowels way too much. Had a flat stomach tho lol

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I used to take creatine and had the wildest shits (mono, hcl, pre- alkaline etc). Had to stop because it was effecting my bowels way too much. Had a flat stomach tho lol
Luckily never had any issues with it, just pros. For some reason I never retained too much water when taking it though. Always gain strength but never get bloated.

Raven117

Can't believe I'm saying this but after more than 5 years of hiatus yesterday I looked at myself in the mirror and thought... damn, I'm back in peak shape. From hereon in, probably for the first time in my life, I'll be hitting the gym without any specific goal in mind. Whatever improvements I make now are just extra. I never thought I'd reach this point in my life.
Dude, this is awesome.

I've had to lower my creatine intake just a bit...Too much and I tend to get randomly dizzy. But I do recognize I'm a bit stronger and a bit bigger while taking it.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Doing kb swings and burpees

4* 25 kb swings
4* 5 burpees with push ups

Over time i will Increase the reps.

I think these are doable for consistency, which is something I need to focus on.

Last edited:
Woke up early on this fine Saturday morning. Not really as it's grey as shit outside, you'd think this was the Soviet Union.

Left my house at 8:15 and walked 20 kilometers (12,4274 miles) back and forth.

Had a Moroccan salad thingy for lunch. Now I'm chilling the fuck out.

MikeM

Man I love bulking season.

iPZWQxM.jpg

I really want to go back to exercising really let my self go anyone have good recommended products creatine protein etc?
Arnold said it best:

“I’m not going to be that hard on you, Please don’t be that hard on yourself. We all go through challenges, we all go through failure. Sometimes life is a workout. But the key thing is you get up. Just move a little. Roll out of bed and do some pushups or go for a walk. Just do something. One step at a time, I hope you feel better and get back to the gym. But don’t beat yourself up, because that’s just useless talk. It doesn’t get you closer to the gym."

What's the last program you were on that you loved? Do that one. What's the last protein powder you loved? Buy a tub. Just get in motion.

Last edited:

squallheart

Arnold said it best:

“I’m not going to be that hard on you, Please don’t be that hard on yourself. We all go through challenges, we all go through failure. Sometimes life is a workout. But the key thing is you get up. Just move a little. Roll out of bed and do some pushups or go for a walk. Just do something. One step at a time, I hope you feel better and get back to the gym. But don’t beat yourself up, because that’s just useless talk. It doesn’t get you closer to the gym."

What's the last program you were on that you loved? Do that one. What's the last protein powder you loved? Buy a tub. Just get in motion.
Thank you for the advice simple yet effective I will start developing a routine

Raven117

Thank you for the advice simple yet effective I will start developing a routine
If you mean just developing good habits of being active, go for it!

But if you mean to put together a resistance training program, you should probably start with something off the shelf that aligns with your goals.

squallheart

I've been using Tactical Barbell for about 6 years and I'm very happy with it. It's strength and conditioning for police and military, very basic and straightforward. Books are on Kindle, and there's a subreddit.

Happy to answer questions about it.
This looks interesting. So pretty much the book is guide to training techniques?

This looks interesting. So pretty much the book is guide to training techniques?
It's a program (with schedules and templates for you to 'plug and play' according to your needs) designed to simultaneously improve strength, aerobic endurance, and 'conditioning' (by which I mean something like, can you run hill sprints without having a heart attack).

To think of it another way, it gives you an exercise schedule to follow if you want to be a police officer in the street, who has to be able to sprint, say, 400 meters while chasing a suspect and then wrestle that person down and hold them on the ground until your partner catches up.

poodaddy

Arnold said it best:

This is beautifully said.

We really must protect Arnold man. When we lose him we're gonna be a nation of sobbing meatheads.

KIAlolC.jpeg

Saw this on a YouTube short, via summerfunfitness, what caught my eye is this dip/pullup 2 in 1, anyone know where I can find something like this? Would be perfect for my 2nd room.

Edit. Recently moved and my old door hanging pull up bar doesn’t fit anywhere in my new place. That’s why I’m searching for other solutions.

Edit 2
Oh shit I found the exact same one. But also tons of others, any brands you would recommend?

Last edited:
Top Bottom