• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it's there. First thing I put in. Upped it to 200mg this time. Crushing caffeine pills seriously feels devious for some reason lol
Do you notice any wierd flavor from crushing them? I have never crushed mine but thought about it for faster absorption.

XUPJzHJ.jpg
I have one of those ultra accurate drug weighing scales that I use, and often, I bag up my pre-workout ready for the week.

dyQKBpW.jpg

One day I'm going to take that shit through an airport and get a whole lot of probing.

mdsfx

That looks so illegal lol

Related: 200mg caffiene feels like a lot more than 100mg. A revelation, I know. Also, holy fucking tingles. Time to deadlift!
After I make it out of the bathroom

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Ooh making pre-workout seems fun, I'll have to buy some stuff. I really seem to need at least caffeine assistance on this cut. I'm down to 180lbs from 200 in less than three months, and hit walls on deadlift and press after my successful bench day.

Aesthetically I can stand to lose at least another 10lbs. What's a good target weight for 5'9"? I want to start gaining and losing the same 10lbs instead of 20-25 every year.

mdsfx

I'm sure psycho will give me crap for this, but I really want to experiment with bulks shorter than 3 months next time even if it's not as effective. I do not enjoy the 4+ month cut to get back to satisfying BF%.

If I bulk for only a month before cutting again, I would think if I gain 4lbs that SOME of it would have to be muscle. Right?

Why would you need to take that long to get back? There are numerous methods of rapid fat loss that can get you back without losing significant muscle. I bulked for... 6 months, and I'll be hitting my target in less than three months. That's not even with a particularly aggressive fat loss regime.

Sounds to me like you'd be better off with carb cycling and aiming for recomposition longer term.

Also, god help you and your satisfying body fat % :p

mdsfx

I do a 500 calorie defecit, but of course that's estimated, so maybe I'm eating too much at 1900-2000? Or maybe I was Cooterizing too much lol

Edit: care to elaborate on those methods?

I do a 500 calorie defecit, but of course that's estimated, so maybe I'm eating too much at 1900-2000? Or maybe I was Cooterizing too much lol

Edit: care to elaborate on those methods?

Can't really link you to one article in particular as I've picked up the info mostly over the years, but there's a whole bunch on it here: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

But to be honest, what you're doing clearly works, so it'd be hard to suggest you change anything.

mdsfx

Can't really link you to one article in particular as I've picked up the info mostly over the years, but there's a whole bunch on it here: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

But to be honest, what you're doing clearly works, so it'd be hard to suggest you change anything.
Oh, I'm familiar with that site. I believe Bish sent me that way sometime ago. Will check it out. Thanks

On another note, here's me trying my best at deadlift form at 95% 1RM. How bad is it?

So I don't think I'll hit 230 by the end of my bulk. I'll bite this one as I had a lot of challenges to overcome over the past year but even if I level off at 225, going from 197.6 to 225 in a year and keeping a lot of fat off in the process is still a good bulk, IMO. Strength gains alone really shot up so I'm happy on that front.

Going to cut starting next month. I have 3 more weeks of bulking starting next week. Excited to see where I'm at after a few months of cutting.

BumRush

So I don't think I'll hit 230 by the end of my bulk. I'll bite this one as I had a lot of challenges to overcome over the past year but even if I level off at 225, going from 197.6 to 225 in a year and keeping a lot of fat off in the process is still a good bulk, IMO. Strength gains alone really shot up so I'm happy on that front.

Going to cut starting next month. I have 3 more weeks of bulking starting next week. Excited to see where I'm at after a few months of cutting.

Good work man...you were really active in here and I loved reading about your progress. Can't wait to see where this cut takes you.

Good work man...you were really active in here and I loved reading about your progress. Can't wait to see where this cut takes you.
Thanks, Bum! I wish I put in more but as is said, it's not a race and there is no finish line, just cycles!

Down to 157 today, 15 pounds lost since December. Shooting for 153ish >)
Jesus! What's your BF% at now? And how tall are you, for reference?

KillerBEA

Great Max Out week for me, Pr'd new weight on everything. Did better than expected on some and got what I expected on others.

+ 05 OHP for 105 x 1
+ 10 Back Squats for 235 x 1
+ 15 Front Squats for 115 x 3
+ 05 Bench Press for 155 x 1 (Plus a large slew of rep PRs)
+ 05 Dead lift for 300 x 1

Super happy that I got my first compound to 300. Traps also looked really nice after today's back workout.

Any changes to the OT you guys would like to see in OT9? Otherwise it'll be copy-paste for now.

Unless it's changed, the protein recommendation is definitely up for debate. We've had a number of noobies read it, do their macro calculations and come back here only to be told to lower the amount of protein.

Personally I'd like to see 1g / lb as an absolute max recommendation, with 0.6g to 1g as a range.

BumRush

Unless it's changed, the protein recommendation is definitely up for debate. We've had a number of noobies read it, do their macro calculations and come back here only to be told to lower the amount of protein.

Personally I'd like to see 1g / lb as an absolute max recommendation, with 0.6g to 1g as a range.

Seconded.

all of a sudden i have to go use the restroom after taking the caffeine pill. i see why some people have to use the restroom when they take pre lol.

Ha, I usually don't have to crap, but I've lost count of the number of times I've had to head back in from the garage to take a leak some time after my warmup.

I should get a urinal in there!

Chocobro

Should I do anything about belts in the equipment section? The last sentence or two seems to be debated here or considered not true.

It's sort of misleading in a way. You certainly wont be able to develop the same pressure without one, but that technically doesn't matter unless you find yourself suddenly having to squat your max weights without a belt... and I'm not seeing how that happens.

Activating more of your core (with a belt) should mean that your core actually gets stronger... but yeah, you still wont be able lift as much without a belt.

There's nothing wrong with the suggestion that they're only used on your heaviest sets though (this counteracts the problem of not getting used to bracing without one, because obviously on your lighter sets you'll still need to get your form right).

Edit - Hell, reference could even be made to the fact that the subject is under debate.

Chocobro

Alright. So far I made changes to the protein recommendation, added Greg Nuckols' article on belt usage, added examine.com links to a few of the listed supplements, and added a link to the glove part to properly grip the barbell to minimize callus development.

BumRush

Alright. So far I made changes to the protein recommendation, added Greg Nuckols' article on belt usage, added examine.com links to a few of the listed supplements, and added a link to the glove part to properly grip the barbell to minimize callus development.

More graphics? People LOVE graphics!

M52B28

Banned
Back in the gym after a few weeks. I'm lifting so efficiently right now; I'm knocking out sets like it's nothing.

I guess that's because I'm not fatigued from previous workouts or more energy in general?

I feel pretty amazing.

Doing work :D

Thank you!

SeanR1221

Im definitely biased towards it but I think adding the renaissance periodization book to the op is a good idea.

When people ask about cutting in the large Facebook fitness group Brolic and I belong to that typically gets suggested as diet reading material.

Chocobro

Im definitely biased towards it but I think adding the renaissance periodization book to the op is a good idea.

When people ask about cutting in the large Facebook fitness group Brolic and I belong to that typically gets suggested as diet reading material.

The Renaissance Diet?

mdsfx

The Renaissance Diet?

"The average person during the Renaissance was a peasant. Peasants would eat soup or mush for food just about every meal. They would also generally have some black bread."

Mush = Gainz

I'm sorry I have no idea what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom