• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeApes

Unless it's changed, the protein recommendation is definitely up for debate. We've had a number of noobies read it, do their macro calculations and come back here only to be told to lower the amount of protein.

Personally I'd like to see 1g / lb as an absolute max recommendation, with 0.6g to 1g as a range.
Word I do 0.8 coming down from 1. Havent seen any differences. 140g is much easier to hit than 170. Plus I get to up my fats/carbs.

SeanR1221

As we close our another OT it's usually customary to post one final progress picture to show everyone where you're at.

Had a really good pump at the gym today. I love my current routine of higher reps

5m4wFRoh.jpg

Take these next few pages to show off guys. We've all earned it

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'll kick off the new thread with a pic of me looking exactly the same as I did the last pic I posted.

SeanR1221

Caffeine pill?

PSSSSHHH

I do a cold brew in the morning, coffee to go on my commute, sit in starbucks and order a cold brew, then get a free refill on my way out, and then sometimes i have a nightly cup I press myself to help me sleep.

send help please. Caffeine has me.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Caffeine pill?

PSSSSHHH

I do a cold brew in the morning, coffee to go on my commute, sit in starbucks and order a cold brew, then get a free refill on my way out, and then sometimes i have a nightly cup I press myself to help me sleep.

send help please. Caffeine has me.

I think your caffeining wrong, haha.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Looking great as usual. However, it's time to get some new boxer briefs or start bulking my man. Those things are baggy as hell Mr. 157.

Speaking of bulge selfies... shouldn't we be getting FEs end of thread pic soon?

mdsfx

Looking great as usual. However, it's time to get some new boxer briefs or start bulking my man. Those things are baggy as hell Mr. 157.

Speaking of bulge selfies... shouldn't we be getting FEs end of thread pic soon?
Lol they're tight when I put them on, not so much after a long day!

Chocobro

Make it now and don't hit submit until tomorrow? Is that feasible?

I don't think that's possible.

The changes I made today are in the current OT, just need to copy/paste the current OT and modify several links. I think it'll be OK if it goes over 20K posts by the time I make it tomorrow afternoon.

mdsfx

I see why I hate treadmills and anyone got recommendation for socks thst will help me with not getting blisters

many people recommend wool running socks, but they tend to run a little thick for me. I run with these Saucony socks. Rarely i might get a blister at long distances.

DONT RUN IN COTTON SOCKS! Might as well run with sandpaper wrapped around your foot!

EDIT - Pulled from a quick google search:

"RULE #1 - Keep the cotton socks out of the running shoes! Why? Cotton retains moisture and when you have moisture, heat, and friction in a running shoe you are more likely to get blisters, calluses, and hot spots. Also, cotton gets more abrasive when wet, again not good in a running shoe."

many people recommend wool running socks, but they tend to run a little thick for me. I run with these Saucony socks. Rarely i might get a blister at long distances.

DONT RUN IN COTTON SOCKS! Might as well run with sandpaper wrapped around your foot!
Too late. That's what I'm wearing now lol never knew cotton and running is bad lol
Thanks!
Edit.. Oh. Lol.

Also I have the under armour speedform Apollo vent shoes. And those are fine I'll order those socks and try running this weekend at the park.

bchamba

This is me at 210 morning weight. I don't usually care about my weight unless I start to get close to 220. I might try to lean down to sub 200s in the future but my focus is purely on strength right now.

3zqhjbhl.jpg

Did 3x3 on bench today with 275 and then an amrap of 5. Followed this with more sets of 3 using benchblokz. Clip below has the 3rd triple, amrap and a set using the block.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEM9eTDji2S/

Szu

Regarding the pics on this page.

Sean - You looked better before :p
No you don't, you look awesome angry now. >_<

Mikey - Man, you really let yourself go this time.

FE - Entrance music and pyros. Stat!

Bchamba - Damn, your pics are so beastly that they almost broke my neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom