• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flagship First-Party Naughty Dog Will Develop for PS5 and PC Moving Forwards

Naughty Dog developed The Last of Us Part 1 themselves in house with Iron Galaxy only helping a little bit. Performance is atrocious but they are on the case.

Apparently Naughty Dog will now develop their games for PC and PS5 together themselves in order to better improve as a PC developer and console developer as there are plenty of lessons they have learned making the PC version of TLOU 1.

Esppiral

azTcMzj.gif

Seider

Naughty Dog using its own propietary 3D engine and leveling up Pc requeriments and specs for running its games.

Nice. Welcome to the Next Gen.

All GPU cards out there with less than 12 Gb VRAM to the garbage bin.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I really don’t think that’s what they meant. Sounded like factions 2 will be pc and PS5 day 1.

Three

I really don’t think that’s what they meant. Sounded like factions 2 will be pc and PS5 day 1.
I think people are just reading too much into it. It was celebrating TLOUpt1 PC release and saying they look forward to sharing more with PS and PC players.

I'm not sure where this Naughty Dog will now develop their games inhouse for PC and PS5 together is coming from but maybe I missed something. That said I'm sure factions will be PC + PS day 1 too.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Naughty Dog using its own propietary 3D engine and leveling up Pc requeriments and specs for running its games.

Nice. Welcome to the Next Gen.

All GPU cards out there with less than 12 Gb VRAM to the garbage bin.
Oh yeah bad vram management let’s throw away all the 3080 cards

Seider

Oh yeah bad vram management let’s throw away all the 3080 cards
Last of Us remake uses more than 10 Gb Vram on Ps5. Thats not bad Vram management on the Pc port. Its what the game needs. Any GPU with less than 12 Gb VRAM on Pc isnt suited for running this game.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Last of Us remake uses more than 10 Gb Vram on Ps5. Thats not bad Vram management on the Pc port. Its what the game needs. Any GPU with less than 12 Gb VRAM on Pc isnt suited for running this game.
You forgot the asterisks leading to at Ultra settings.

With DLSS and High texture settings 10GB is enough.
3080s aint going no where.
Gamers just need to learn that the settings menu isnt there for decoration....and that yes your card is old so it wont be matching its gen on gen upgrade in games.
Just turn down whichever settings is giving you the most trouble.
Its almost like everyone on GAF forgot how to PC game.
You dont NEED to buy a new card until basically everything is unplayable, just turn down whatever settings is messing with you, if its VRAM usage then turn that down.
If its Ultra Raytracing, then turn that down, enjoy the game and keep your PC alive for years on end.

I know people shit on the 8GB cards right now, but I swear ive never heard any 3060Ti or 3070 owners complaining, cuz the people i know IRL with these cards, turn down the settings whenever something is messing up their framerate....no FOMO cuz if you wanted Ultra everything, you would have bought an Ultra everything card.
Hell imma bet the GTX 1070 in my media center could run this game 60fps with medium or high textures.

2080Ti owners still swimming in it.
Yeah it was expensive way back when, but you can still hit 60+ in basically everything with settings cranked up.
Good purchase for anyone still on the 2080Ti.

I think people are just reading too much into it. It was celebrating TLOUpt1 PC release and saying they look forward to sharing more with PS and PC players.

I'm not sure where this Naughty Dog will now develop their games inhouse for PC and PS5 together is coming from but maybe I missed something. That said I'm sure factions will be PC + PS day 1 too.
Excerpts from Naughty Dogs own blog post:

As we began development in-house, we wanted PC players to experience an amazing story that truly lasts the test of time while maintaining the equally high-quality bar across both PC and PlayStation consoles. The challenges we overcame and the successes we achieved in our previous modern PC release empowered us to dig into Part I’s PC development. Developing for both platforms will also allow us to incorporate lessons learned from either platform into the overall way our games are designed and played. PC may be a relatively newer platform for modern-day Naughty Dog, but this milestone is part of an almost decade-long journey for this beloved story.
So, where will the next Naughty Dog development adventure take us? Rest assured, PlayStation and PC players, we’re already looking forward to sharing more, whether you prefer a DualSense controller or a keyboard and mouse. Developing for both platforms empowers us to incorporate lessons learned from either into the overall design of our games. Sharing our stories and experiences on PS5 as well as PC is something that Naughty Dog has embraced and will continue to support moving forward.

Here's the link: https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/celebrating_the_release_of_the_last_of_us_part_i_on_pc

That's not how it works. 1) Using more Vram shouldn't lead to a crash that's just bad PC dev work, it should instead reduce performance like Nixxes Miles Morales does

2) PS5 to PC requirements aren't 1 to 1 as they have a lot of differences not just on the memory hardware they use but also the software.

3) Even if 2 wasn't the case PC games scale above and below what the PS5 can do. For example simply reducing your resolution will significantly reduce Vram usage so you could run a PC game at better than PS5 fps on a GPU with less Vram than the PS5s 13GBs of usable Vram.

Top Bottom