• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage Shows What Resident Evil 4 Could Look Like as A ‘Demake'

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In the recent clip, which was uploaded to YouTube a couple of days ago, the Rustic Games BR channel shows two and a half minutes of action from a retro-looking version of Resident Evil 4, which gives it a look that fits in more with the first three games of the series as opposed to what came after it. This version includes tank controls for Leon, fixed camera angles, and it even appears to sample the footstep sounds from the older titles.

In the video, Leon can be seen during the first encounter with Resident Evil 4's El Gigante boss. The whole thing is very reminiscent of an RE game from back in the day, before the fourth installment completely switched up the formula. Sadly, it appears as though this is just for visual demonstration purposes only, and it's unlikely that the creator will be looking to release any kind of RE4 demake for public use.

If you want a Resident Evil 4 demake, I already have a product for you.

wHRSPeQ.jpg

Banned
If you want a Resident Evil 4 demake, I already have a product for you.

wHRSPeQ.jpg

oh sheeeeeet xD

also there was a mobile port for N-gage 2.0 I think, and some other phones

edit: also once again, absolutely awful NA cover art lol

Last edited:

stranno

Resident Evil 1.5 restoration project already tried an over-the-shoulder Resident Evil on Playstation. The colosseum arena, which is of course based on Dino Crisis 2 colosseum.

I could see the iOS/BREW version of RE4 working on PSX as well. It was a very simple game with very constrained arenas. And Ideaworks 3D tech was based on Playstation anyway.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

There’s always a couple people who have to come into any RE4 related thread saying they wished they had the crappy ghost version… Didn’t take long.

Be happy with the 10/10 game we got.

Crappy ghost version? Rumours are Capcom are implementing more of the horror and RE4beta ( ghost mansion stuff ) into the RE4 Remake. Because thats what RE fans want, classic horror feeling gameplay.

Luckily they have been going back to that forumula with RE2 remake, RE7 and RE8, metroidvania with survival horror feels. Instead of the action oriented machine gun shooting, enemy suplexing gameplay of RE4 ,5, and 6…

RE4 was amazing, with some great all time bosses but having recently played it and killed 1000 enemies before the end I realised this is where RE left the survival horror gameplay and went action.

Top Bottom