• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

get hyp

oZ2rgwZ.png

work in progress - I'll make it compatible for the dark theme scum as well

Confirmed:

jts
LFMartins86
Wilbur
Rikkun
The_Hitcher89
FootballFan
Shanks D Zoro

I'll play.

Disclaimer: I've played about 3 games of PES in 8 years.

Naughty Dog seem to be Sony's first party ace in the hole tbh

Polyphony: People are falling out of love with GT
Evolution: Nobody cares about Driveclub
Sucker Punch: Infamous:SS was very disappointing
Guerilla: Shadowfall was awful
Media Molecule: Nobody cared about LBP3
Sony Santa Monica: God of War is running on fumes
Bend: Yet to make a mark in the console space
Gravity: As above
Team Ico: Dead
Studio Liverpool: Dead
Zipper: Dead
Incognito: Dead

Maybe we'll get something good from Guerilla UK, or SCE London can make something more interesting than Singstar. The generational leap has been great on the hardware side, but thrown a massive spanner in the works on the software side. For all the praise they get for making new IPs, I can't help but feel that a lot of those studios are suffering from stagnation due to sequelitis.

You are underestimaging Guerilla and Santa Monica. God of War is still a big IP and will have a big launch on PS4. Killzone is always their show off game and will sell decently in the fan base. The next GT will also be huge.

Media Molecule needs to do something else.

Hixx

someone buy me pes give me an hour and i will beat you all

or play me on fifa on the xbone i will destroy you as juve

either is fine

-

B-MggiMIAAAoS6g.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I do think we should stick to one team jts, just it doesn't matter if there's two Juves or whatever. Presumably shanks is sassuolo or arsenal and dean is atleti

jts -
LFMartins -
Wilbur - Manchester United
Blablurn -Bayern Munich
Shanks -
Zabo - Juventus
Freewheelin -
FootballFan - Barcelona
Rikkun -
LegoArmo
Hitcher -
Willkiller -

Just beat someone online. Had 72 percent possession and they had no shots. What a time to be alive.

I do think we should stick to one team jts, just it doesn't matter if there's two Juves or whatever. Presumably shanks is sassuolo or arsenal and dean is atleti

jts -
LFMartins -
Blablurn -Bayern Munich
Shanks -
Zabo - Juventus
Freewheelin -
FootballFan - Barcelona
Rikkun -
LegoArmo
Hitcher -
Willkiller -

Just beat someone online. Had 72 percent possession and they had no shots. What a time to be alive.

Sounds like you Philosophy-ed the fuck out of them.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys, give me a few pointers and tips before I jump in here. Baring in mind I haven't bought a PES since 2009

You can still do all the one touch passing you do on FIFA, just put a semblance of thought into it instead of just pressing shit. Closing down space is really important, and you need to make sure you adjust adequately for when you're not in possession in terms of shape and numbers back.

jts

...hate me...

jts -
LFMartins -
Blablurn -Bayern Munich
Shanks -
Zabo - Juventus
Freewheelin -
FootballFan - Barcelona
Rikkun -
LegoArmo
Hitcher -
Willkiller -

Hmm. I just think that it pushes a bit the choice to OP 5 star teams. I for one will cowardly rethink my Liverpool usage if you persist with your ruse.

But I'm okay with it.

Anyway, list is getting big, this will go to 2 or 3 groups, otherwise we'll have to deal with an unfeasible amount of matches I think.

I'll put up a Google docs spreadsheet etc, although for now I'll have to leave.

Think about these things Wilbur.

Think about how do we do if disconnections are had btw.

Rikkun

Hmm. I just think that it pushes a bit the choice to OP 5 star teams. I for one will cowardly rethink my Liverpool usage if you persist with your ruse.

But I'm okay with it.

Anyway, list is getting big, this will go to 2 or 3 groups, otherwise we'll have to deal with an unfeasible amount of matches I think.

I'll think about my team.
If everyone goes OP I'll pick Juve, but Empoli is so good, they deserve fame and money.

Hixx

http://safc.com/news/team-news/2015/february/an-open-letter-from-gus-poyet

wtf

Gus Poyet has today asked the club to release a letter to supporters.

Read the head coach’s own words as he directly addresses the fans:

For the first time in my life I think is time for me to write this letter to you, the fans.

When I had the opportunity to become the head coach of Sunderland AFC, I just closed my eyes and remember me sitting at the away dressing room at the Stadium of Light at half time, 4-0 down, Sunderland 4 Chelsea 0, incredible atmosphere, one of the best I ever felt, so the decision was easy, yes I would love the possibility of coaching Sunderland with those fans. Luckily I got the job.

I was brought into the club to stay in the Premier League first and most, then get stability and then progress with an identity in our game.

The first goal was the most difficult task of my life but we not only stayed up in a miraculous way, we went to Wembley for the first time in years, plus successful games against our biggest rivals and enjoyed some incredible victories away from home. What we achieved last year was achieved by all of us together: club (chairman, directors, staff and players) and fans, nobody and I mean nobody from outside helped us a bit, it was only us together.

Then my second aim was to achieve stability, progression and then slowly start bringing a special way of playing football to make you very proud of our team. This takes time, but even if the aim is clear during the process, we need to keep competing and winning games somehow.

During my career as a player, coach or manager, I have always had a fantastic relationship with the fans, from my time in Uruguay going through every team in Europe, always the relationship was strong, one of mutual respect and understanding, I showed from inside or from outside the pitch, my commitment, passion and dedication in achieving what every club deserved.

Of course I went through good and bad times, successful and not so good ones, winning or losing finals, but I left every single club having a recognition from the fans for my honesty, passion and professional work.

So let's make sure that we don’t let anyone to break our relationship, I promise you that I care and want to win as much as you do and no one thinks more time every day about the team than I do, so I invite all of you to stay positive, to be strong, closer to each other and keep believing in what we started together last year, working harder to make it better this season.

To finish I would like to clarify once more: the main responsible of the results of our team is me, I always said it and I will always accept my responsibility.

I am really looking forward to see the Stadium of Light packed on Saturday, pushing the team to what could be a very important victory.

Thank you and regards to all

Gus Poyet

inky

That The Order review thread is amazing.

It kinda is, yes:

I can't be bothered to fuck with metacritic anymore. This is the 2nd big game that reviewers don't understand. They knocked Driveclub because it wasn't open world and now they knock The Order because it isn't a "game". Well RAD made the perfect combination of cinema and cinematic game and these pos reviewers don't understand. The Order is my GOTY I can't wait to get it tomorrow.

ronaldld1cot7.png

The fact that I can't tell if it is a 'real' opinion or not...

Laboured pls. I know your post was joking, but honestly it does annoy me when people say linear = bad. There's lots of reasons linear can be bad for a game, but almost all my favorite games are linear as fuck.
4TfeeGW.png

Edit : oh my, everyone eating it up raw hahaha

Wilbur

Banned

But I'm okay with it.

Well people will probably want to pick good teams anyway; if they're trying to win matches it's unlikely they experiment with Swansea in the middle of a tournament anyway. There's plenty of good 4-5 star teams in the game; some of the hardest matches I've had have been against Napoli and Atleti.

I WANT TO PLAY EVERYONE

REAL LEAGUE TABLE MOTHERFUCKER

play everyone twice and then top 8 or something go into a knockout

Re: disconnections - if its obviously an unstable connection, give the benefit of the doubt and try again. We're all m8s here.

If you quit when you're winning/drawing, try again. If you quit while losing, automatic 3-0 loss.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The Order devs didn't do themselves any favours when they tried to say their game was a $100 steak and everything else is shit.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
from The Order review thread

I know this may sound strange but works of art which are universally praised kinda rubs me up the wrong way I mean pleasing everyone is a bit weird right!I Know I'm grasping at straws here but respect to RAD for creating a piece of art That's so polarizing and maybe that's how it should be done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom