• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

[Matteo Moretto] Saúl in exchange for Griezmann is a possibility on the table. Barcelona is open to player-swaps & Simeone would be delighted over a Griezmann return. There’ve been contacts over this subject - something to watch for in the coming weeks.

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
Who do you support? :pie_thinking:
i've actually been watching this tournament since it began and was supporting Columbia, their match versus Peru was very enjoyable. for this one, i'd like to see Argentina win, but both are deserving of it, two great teams.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Argentina had zero chance, but one lucky counter goal. Messi was terrible. The team was bad as fuck. Fouls everywhere for the first 35min. Brazil was the more active team and deserved the equalizer.

Overall terrible. Once Brazil knew they had to pressure, the game finally open up ... looks like it´s too late. Hopefully tomorrow we see a better final.

oDh477s.png

longdi

Banned
Argentina had zero chance, but one lucky counter goal. Messi was terrible. The team was bad as fuck. Fouls everywhere for the first 35min. Brazil was the more active team and deserved the equalizer.

Overall terrible. Once Brazil knew they had to pressure, the game finally open up ... looks like it´s too late. Hopefully tomorrow we see a better final.

Ref also slanted towards arg in foul decisions and blew the final whistle before added time was up despite all the time wasting.

if messi did not bottled his big chance, that would have given his team a more deserved win

i guess fifa likes to promote goat status :messenger_grinning_sweat:

ACESHIGH

Banned
One heck of a win. Mini maracanazo. Hopefully this will give our players more confidence towards the world cup. But we still need to find a proper striker, a defensive midfielder and attacking side backs.

I'd love to see Argentina play against top European sides at least friendlies. That stupid nations cup makes it almost impossible to play against European teams.

Dark Rider

One heck of a win. Mini maracanazo. Hopefully this will give our players more confidence towards the world cup. But we still need to find a proper striker, a defensive midfielder and attacking side backs.

I'd love to see Argentina play against top European sides at least friendlies. That stupid nations cup makes it almost impossible to play against European teams.

Welcome to the Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
Who do you support? :pie_thinking:

Gareth Southgate says he wants to lead England to 2022 World Cup in Qatar

Another tournament of not winning anything for England then.

Dark Rider

[cds] Bayern Munich have offered close to €80m for Chiesa, Juventus answer was NO.

I highly doubt it.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
He also need the rest if he want to have anything left in the tank by the time the world cup start next year.
Yeh, so many players are going to be burnt out as a result of the crazy schedule they've been put on. Last season started right after the previous one finished, then into the Euros, now we're heading into next season and that'll be followed by the World Cup (probably going to be played under some pretty intense heat) which will be followed by another season.

Dark Rider

Yeh, so many players are going to be burnt out as a result of the crazy schedule they've been put on. Last season started right after the previous one finished, then into the Euros, now we're heading into next season and that'll be followed by the World Cup (probably going to be played under some pretty intense heat) which will be followed by another season.

Remember due to the world cup being held in winter the following season will be compressed and it will have the next euro qualifiers in the mix too. It will be 2025 when the players get proper rest.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
Remember due to the world cup being held in winter the following season will be compressed and it will have the next euro qualifiers in the mix too. It will be 2025 when the players get proper rest.
Ah yeh I always seem to forget they’ve shifted the World Cup. What a mess that’s going to be.

Dark Rider

Scaloni: "I was watching the 2005 UCL final with my brother, and it was 3-0 at HT. So I sent Crespo SMS saying "You deserve this!" and went to the movies. But when we came back, ET was playing and the result was 3-3! I tried to call my company to delete the SMS but it was no use.

Banjo64

cumsessed
City having our usual win the league and follow it up with a shit transfer window shocker. Kane isn’t happening (good) and we should have known this before trying to engage that prick Levy. Fingers crossed we don’t end up re-signing Fernando and Mangala on deadline day.

Have the best manager in the world, make him use Ferran as his number 9 and only give him Ben fucking Mendy as a designated left back. Makes sense.

DKehoe

Gold Member

Huh, sounds like this may actually happen. Still trying to not get my hopes up too much

City having our usual win the league and follow it up with a shit transfer window shocker. Kane isn’t happening (good) and we should have known this before trying to engage that prick Levy. Fingers crossed we don’t end up re-signing Fernando and Mangala on deadline day.

Have the best manager in the world, make him use Ferran as his number 9 and only give him Ben fucking Mendy as a designated left back. Makes sense.
Who would you like to see them sign?

Banjo64

cumsessed

Huh, sounds like this may actually happen. Still trying to not get my hopes up too much

Who would you like to see them sign?

Fuck know to be honest. Not Kane. We need an actual left back, not sure who’s available. Grielish is good but he’s not an upgrade on Bernardo who seems to want out. Should have just kept Kun for a year if no strikers were on the market.

Dark Rider

You were going big, you were going after Messi.

It is serious, the only thing holding it back for now is Manchester United pinny pinching on the deal so if it didn't happen you know who to blame.

Dark Rider

[Tanzi] Paul Pogba is a real target for Paris if the club can sell. Pogba is thrilled by the idea of joining Paris, but will never force a move, as he respects Manchester United.

Dark Rider

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told players returning to preseason training he wants to implement a more attacking 4-3-3 formation this season in a move that could spell the end for the midfield partnership of Fred and Scott McTominay

Dark Rider

[Official] Following the relocation of the 2021 UCL final from Istanbul to Porto, Istanbul will now stage the final in 2023. The next four finals will be: Saint Petersburg (2022), Istanbul (2023), London (2024), Munich (2025).

Banjo64

cumsessed
You were going big, you were going after Messi.
That was last summer, since that collapsed, and especially since Bartomeu left, there were no serious links from City’s end to suggest we were still in for him.

It might be unlikely, but if Atletico are getting Griezmann, and if they still want Bernardo - I’d love for us to do a swap deal for Felix. I’d take him over Kane every day of the week and we’d be able to go big for Grielish to replace Bernardo.

Dark Rider

That was last summer, since that collapsed, and especially since Bartomeu left, there were no serious links from City’s end to suggest we were still in for him.

It might be unlikely, but if Atletico are getting Griezmann, and if they still want Bernardo - I’d love for us to do a swap deal for Felix. I’d take him over Kane every day of the week and we’d be able to go big for Grielish to replace Bernardo.

You were still after him this summer, the difference is this time Messi was not committed to leave Barcelona so it looked like nothing was going to happen.

Bernardo for Felix? why would they agree to lose more than they gain?

[Tanzi] Paul Pogba is a real target for Paris if the club can sell. Pogba is thrilled by the idea of joining Paris, but will never force a move, as he respects Manchester United.

That’s because Pogba knows that United will have no choice but to sell otherwise he walks free next summer.

Dark Rider

That’s because Pogba knows that United will have no choice but to sell otherwise he walks free next summer.

Surely Manchester United attempted to sign a new contract with Pogba last couple of season? to avoid him going for free.
If my information is correct then this current situation is set up by Pogba himself, unless Manchester United were offering him bad contracts.

Dark Rider

Andy van der Meyde: "I used to sit next to Zlatan on the bus when we were at Ajax. One time when he was sleeping I got gay tendencies and I just kissed him on the mouth. Seconds later I got a few punches thrown at me."

Top Bottom