• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

DKehoe

You are correct the clubs that rejected the deal do not get the money from the deal, they keep their full share of the audiovisual money though unlike the other clubs. The deal is for 50 years.
Ahh ok. Guess that makes sense. Seems like it could be a rough deal since it's for so long. But I guess some of these clubs don't have any other option.

United announce Varane signing

Him getting presented on the pitch before the game yesterday was a nice surprise. Looking forward to seeing how he integrates into the team.

Dark Rider

Ahh ok. Guess that makes sense. Seems like it could be a rough deal since it's for so long. But I guess some of these clubs don't have any other option.

Well easing the FFP rules in Spain just like everyone else would have solved that problem.
The deal is really bad, it is basically a loan which the clubs have to pay back and also pay 10% of their audiovisual rights for 50 years as interest. And the money is not much either. Again I think Tebas should be investigated and ousted.

Him getting presented on the pitch before the game yesterday was a nice surprise. Looking forward to seeing how he integrates into the team.

He looked out of it for the past two seasons for us so I'm really interested if he will get reinvigorated or alternatively just fizzle out :pie_thinking:

DKehoe

Well easing the FFP rules in Spain just like everyone else would have solved that problem.
The deal is really bad, it is basically a loan which the clubs have to pay back and also pay 10% of their audiovisual rights for 50 years as interest. And the money is not much either. Again I think Tebas should be investigated and ousted.

He looked out of it for the past two seasons for us so I'm really interested if he will get reinvigorated or alternatively just fizzle out :pie_thinking:
It does seem like a strange one that they couldn't just ease the rules like everyone else has.

I have wondered that about Varane. He's been playing at a top level for a young age and that can lead to some players burning out. So will wait and see how it plays out. He's potentially a great partner for Maguire so I'm hoping it works out well. United got him for a good price so that's a bonus too.

Dark Rider

It does seem like a strange one that they couldn't just ease the rules like everyone else has.

I have wondered that about Varane. He's been playing at a top level for a young age and that can lead to some players burning out. So will wait and see how it plays out. He's potentially a great partner for Maguire so I'm hoping it works out well. United got him for a good price so that's a bonus too.

Real Madrid usually give good deals if the player want to leave so you got a good deal.
About his potential performance, every shortcoming from him and you will start hearing people in the BPL bubble chanting that he's a fraud or that he was never good enough :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

Spurs paid the release clause (50 million euros) of 24 yeor old centerback Pau Torres, but he rejected the Spurs, as he will only leave Villareal for a big club.

He is staying.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Grealish as an 8 behind Torres Sterling and Mahrez!

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Dark Rider

[Souness] "For me, the star of the show was Greenwood." Souness 🗣 "We expect that (4 assists in a PL game) from a 100 million pound man."

Dark Rider

[B24PT] Yaremchuk’s Wife: “He eats 13 times a day and it is never enough for him. He likes to watch national geographic shows at night and documentaries about space and black holes. It’s a pain to take him anywhere.”

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Excl. Real Madrid are working to extend Fede Valverde's contract, agreement close to be completed as Real consider him one of the ''untouchable'' players for present and future. New deal expected to be announced soon after Carvajal and Courtois.

doit.gif

Dark Rider

I love it. It's so good.

You're Spanish right? I'm assuming because you're a Madrid fan. How big is it in Spain and what's the perception of it there?

It is amusing to see how the world is reacting to it globally instead of just domestically :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I really want to know if people will use it as a way to get into La Liga drama.
It is part of the tabloid media and is treated as such and is a joke but all footballs fans do know it, BUT sometimes they do get reputable personalities that give good information out. Take EVERYTHING they say with a HUGE rock of salt (again unless it is a reputable personality).

Two year loan, no fee, obligation after Juventus gets their first point in Serie A next year, 35m spread out over three years.

Gongrats on the signing :messenger_beaming:
BUT tiktok personalities are getting paid by clubs for announcements now :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

FIFA orders Torino to pay Osasuna €1.5m plus interest within the next 45 days. When Osasuna sold Álex Berenguer to Torino for €5.5m in 2017, a clause stipulated an additional €1.5m if Torino transferred him to Athletic Bilbao. Berenguer was sold to Bilbao last year but Torino have refused to pay.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

DKehoe

Two year loan, no fee, obligation after Juventus gets their first point in Serie A next year, 35m spread out over three years.

Seems like a bargain for a great player compared to prices that are being paid elsewhere.
It is amusing to see how the world is reacting to it globally instead of just domestically :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I really want to know if people will use it as a way to get into La Liga drama.
It is part of the tabloid media and is treated as such and is a joke but all footballs fans do know it, BUT sometimes they do get reputable personalities that give good information out. Take EVERYTHING they say with a HUGE rock of salt (again unless it is a reputable personality).
The pundits here talk a lot of shit too. At least the El Chiringuito guys have the decency to turn up the theatricality to make it more fun.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Arnaut Danjuma to Villarreal, done deal and here we go! Total agreement for £20m to Bournemouth. Contract also agreed until June 2026.

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Seems like a bargain for a great player compared to prices that are being paid elsewhere.

The pundits here talk a lot of shit too. At least the El Chiringuito guys have the decency to turn up the theatricality to make it more fun.

They should make official translation imho, the theatrics make the whole thing look like a clown show to be honest.

Dark Rider

[El Chiringuito] EARTHQUAKE MBAPPÉ - Kylian has asked Al-Khelaïfi to leave and reminded the president.

Should I post thee clowns for comedic effect?
By the way the translated title is shit but I'm keeping it as is :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

DKehoe

I don't think he want to leave personally.
I guess it's his last chance for a final big pay day. Although I'm not quite sure where he'd go.

City seem like the most likely option. Obviously they're in the market for a striker and Lewandowski is probably the best in the world right now. Pep has worked with him before too. But do they really want to go for a 33 year old no matter how good he is? With striker being their biggest weakness you'd think they would want someone who can fill that role for years to come.
United aren't looking to get a striker right now. They've got Cavani, Greenwood is coming up and they may go for Haaland next season.
Chelsea just bought Lukaku.
Liverpool could be interesting since he's worked with Klopp in the past. But Liverpool have spent a lot recently and they don't seem to go for those really big price tags.
PSG don't need any more attacking players.
Barcelona are broke
Real Madrid are struggling financially as well but also are looking to get Mbappe (how those two things can co-exist I'm not quite sure but that's Real Madrid for you)
No club in Italy could afford him just now

Dark Rider

I guess it's his last chance for a final big pay day. Although I'm not quite sure where he'd go.

City seem like the most likely option. Obviously they're in the market for a striker and Lewandowski is probably the best in the world right now. Pep has worked with him before too. But do they really want to go for a 33 year old no matter how good he is? With striker being their biggest weakness you'd think they would want someone who can fill that role for years to come.
United aren't looking to get a striker right now. They've got Cavani, Greenwood is coming up and they may go for Haaland next season.
Chelsea just bought Lukaku.
Liverpool could be interesting since he's worked with Klopp in the past. But Liverpool have spent a lot recently and they don't seem to go for those really big price tags.
PSG don't need any more attacking players.
Barcelona are broke
Real Madrid are struggling financially as well but also are looking to get Mbappe (how those two things can co-exist I'm not quite sure but that's Real Madrid for you)
No club in Italy could afford him just now

He already have a fat contract and staying mean when he retire the club and fans will go above and beyond celebrating him :pie_thinking:

About Real Madrid Finances, while we are not in the best of shape we are actually doing fine (we even closed the COVID year books with a small profit) obviously we will not splash the cash everywhere but we can for sure pull up something fine with no problems.
I have no idea why people look at Barcelona situation and just assume that Real Madrid are just in the same dire situation or a a hair above.
We are actually fine financially, now in terms of reinforcement players that is a totally different story :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Sam Lee] Bernardo Silva has made it known that he is not keen on the possibility of a move to Tottenham as part of Manchester City’s attempts to sign Harry Kane - Silva instead prefers a move to Spain. His agent, Jorge Mendes, has been in Manchester this week to try to find a solution.

Dark Rider

[TNT Sports Brasil] Diego Costa in his Atlético Mineiro presentation : “If my mother was on the pitch and I had to beat her to win, I would. I'm going to do everything to win"

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Contract signed. Karim Benzema extends his agreement with Real Madrid until June 2023 - paperworks completed, official announcement in place after Courtois and Carvajal. #RealMadrid …and it started like this, July 2009 @ Bernabéu. 4433 days ago.

[Comunicado Oficial] Benzema extends contract until 2023

:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Ex-Aston Villa CEO Keith Wyness on Mino Raiola:"I always laugh because Mino got on the phone with me the first day and said 'for me it's not about football, it's all about the money. I just want to make as much money as possible.' At least he was honest. He asked for £90k a week for Abel Hernandez."

Top Bottom